Chances of Axl filling in for Brian during AC/DC Tour?

2 hours ago, SAU3R said:

Zero 

I doubt that AC/DC will do a massive tour; I think 20-30 gigs around the world are realistic. But they will talk to Brian, about how many gigs he’ll be able to do. If he can’t do more than 10 gigs, they wont book more. Axl filled in in 2016 because the dates were already booked. Now they can plan and book the dates according to how many gigs they’re capable of.

Also while Axl/DC was awesome in 2016, Axl would never be able to reach that level again with the current state of his voice and I’m sure that angus is aware of that.

Some chance.

There's every possibility that Brian says yes to a tour thinking he'll be fit to to do 10/30 shows... But in reality after a few he realises that he's struggling, then Angus and Brian decide they need someone to help out.

I hope Brian gets to play each and every show though. I wouldn't be too confident in anything beyond a very spaced out tour though. 

I think with Axl at home, he will be an option that Angus has considered if the worst case scenario happens. Can Axl do it? Probably, but not with the same venom he did it in 2016 and probably not in the original keys.... But he was wrote off before and did that gig. 

10% shot that he ends up filling in, so I don't think there's much chance but it's a valid possibility to raise

16 minutes ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

I believe that Axl's position in AC/DC was originally meant to be permanent, or at least they were interested in exploring it further, until Angus heard Axl's post 2016 voice. No way was he going to allow AC/DC to be humiliated like that. Nothing's changed.

You honestly think Angus was keeping tabs on Axls voice? Suppose he was on here following the gig threads 😄

• Like 2

Brian sounded dead awful at power trip, shocking! All the reviews n hype after allover media were way OTT ...retirement from live shows surely soon enough 

Hope Axl doesn't do it again ,it was absolutely brilliant while it lasted but it was a one off tour ...one of the best shows I've ever seen live 

• Like 4

I was lucky enough to attend an Axl/DC show...one that Slash attended too and it was a absolutely amazing gig...probably the best I've heard Axl since the 90s, due to the material being 100% in your face RnR...

It would be cool, if in the downtime, he did something as a side project, just to keep the rust from setting in....it probably wouldn't be this...

Personally if Axl has another kinda AX/DC wind left in him, I'd love him to play that card for his own band, after one more release, big moment...look how charged up he sounded post Chinese off his back and being released, in 2009...so a new product could help, as this year has been an uplift with his general domeanour and movement on stage and I think having a few new songs (old and new) in a range that helps, gigs like Glasto, etc....it gave him renewed confidence and enjoyment of touring for a bit...

So hopefully the prophecy of the Slash whispers comes true....

• Like 1

Before AC/DC went with Axl for the 2016 tour (which was amazing, my dad and I saw them in Auburn Hills, one of the best concerts we have been to), they auditioned a guy who sang in a popular AC/DC cover band. He jammed with them for a bit, but they went with Axl ultimately.

So, if they need a replacement for Brian, if Axl isn't a fit for whatever reason, they could try the cover band guy again. 

1 minute ago, Sweersa said:

LOL I hope not. 

Lee Robinson

Lee Robinson of covers band Thunderstuck was summoned to Atlanta to audition with his heroes before rockers eventually decided on Axl Rose

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2016/apr/22/acdc-tribute-band-audition-brian-johnson-axl-rose

I love AC/DC, but if I was in a position to attend a show (they're not going to come to my country anytime soon and I'm not flying to another country to attend a concert) I would rather get a refund if it was just a cover guy instead of Brian or Axl, someone who is a pro that I like. For me, Angus is the main attraction, but still.

• Like 1

No chance. The only reason Cliff is back in the fold is because Brian is back (Phil too depending on what country they're in).

Brian being absent wouldn't just be a case of one guy being missing, it'd set off the same chain reaction that killed the band at the end of the last tour.

It's Brian or bust at this point. He's got technology that allows him to perform now – his voice was never the issue, it was his hearing. Brian's voice has been crap live for most of the last 20 years so that'd never stop a potential tour now

Edited by DoMw94
  • Like 2