The General Music Video Discussion Thread

Well, I digged that more than watching people fly through wedding cakes for no reason or some cheesy bondage crap.

But people completly freaking out because of the song, the clipping, the mixing (yeah, it's bad), the whatever and the video, trashing the shit out of it while it's written about child abuse....oh come on. And then you keep wondering why they treat you like shit?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Illusion1987 said:

The video would be 100 times better without that God awful song.

I just can't listen to it.

It's that bad...makes me long for the days of "pussy full of maggots"

Serioisly, what the hell happened to this band?

It’s an Axl demo from a quarter of a century ago when he was apparently in a dark place, reminiscing (?) and all that. Listen to Monsters, though. That’s a great fucking song IMO. 
Alas, we just can’t expect the man to suddenly break his habit of keeping the best stuff in the drawer. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, allwaystired said:

Is this a joke post? 

Sorry, I can't work it out! I mean obviously none of these things are true....but you did make me chuckle with the Sleaford Mods inspiration bit, given that the song predates their entire existence! 

GNR are the very definition of a safe band these days. They're as dangerous as an F'N cup of tea. Fam.  

Ok boomer

4 hours ago, Skamos66 said:

I can now live the rest of my life and move on from this weeks events.

I can't remember if you were the one steadfastly claiming Midjourney was used, it wasn't:

Dan Potter: "I didn’t use Midjourney. I used Stable Diffusion to build the animations. it all started with conversations, ideas, written treatments, and sketches and drawings. And then fed these into the software, and then bought the renders into After Effect to edit further."

Just now, Stay.Of.Execution said:

They do the video stuff for the screens at live shows too. Maybe they're a new company and still a bit insecure. No idea

Very insecure by the sounds if it! 

It's very GNR though, arguing with people online who don't like something.

Just looks terrible for any business. You won't convince one single person that they like something by arguing with them online! 

• Like 2

Yes, I'm not a fan of their work on the tour visuals and this video, but they're not just a random company. They seem to have started around 2016, but they've had a few other clients besides GN'R: Aerosmith (before GN'R), Metallica, various media etc.

• Like 3

Has everyone calmed down yet? :P

5 hours ago, Cosmo said:

Where the fuck do they even find these companies? 

They have the word London in there name.:)

I do think its a mistake for them to spar with fans online. I'm sure they may feel some comments are unfair but commenting on those fans opinions online just reminds me of when TB tweeted about a few negative Glastonbury reviews, it makes you look thin skinned. Probably best not to engage at all.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Mindray11 said:

Well, I digged that more than watching people fly through wedding cakes for no reason 

Not for no reason. He saved everyone's life by destroying the cake after Stephanie (who was the only one to actually taste it) died from it.

• Wow 1