The General Music Video Discussion Thread

2 hours ago, BluegrassBlues said:

I most certainly do :lol: the only songs I hate are OIAM, Shotgun Blues, My World and So Fine (sorry Duff). If we're counting ChiDem, ITW and Scraped get skipped 

Agree about So Fine. OIAM would be great song without these lyrics.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ratam said:

OIAM is one of their very best songs, but yeah, some of the lyrics are embarassing if I were the group I would modify them with AI

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Cosmo said:

IMO, their worst songs are Absurd, My World (obviously), Riad N' The Bedouins, Bad Apples and Anything Goes. These are the songs I can't stand.

I have a very hard time accepting that ANYBODY prefers The General over Bad Apples and Anything Goes.

And all the other songs.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, DeNfr said:

OIAM is one of their very best songs, but yeah, some of the lyrics are embarassing if I were the group I would modify them with AI

I think that is a great song with this lyrics too, change the lyrics now is stupid, keep woke apart from Guns N’ Roses.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, evilfacelessturtle said:

I don't understand why anybody would hate Bad Apples. I can get being ambivalent about it, I guess, but not hating. It's possibly the last collaboratively written song by Slash, Axl, Izzy and Duff.

yeah it shows it was time to stop :awesomeface:

39 minutes ago, axljungle said:

I think that is a great song with this lyrics too, change the lyrics now is stupid, keep woke apart from Guns N’ Roses.

ridiculous

2 hours ago, Ratam said:

It would be a good song without the lyrics, it's a shame the instrumental was used for it. And for So Fine, I can't help it but that lyric about the sweater makes me think of Spongebob holding his sweater of tears every time and I can't take it seriously :lol:

Edit. Hold up, is the lyric about a sweater or sweat?? I think I've been making fun of Duff when I was the idiot who can't hear, I take back what I said lol 

Edited by BluegrassBlues
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, kingcanyon said:

i asked this in the Offical Media discussion, but is it me or is this a different mix of the song?

This is like maybe the second or even third time they’ve posted a higher pitch clip… I wonder if there is an alternate mix altogether? :shrugs:

1 hour ago, BluegrassBlues said:

It would be a good song without the lyrics, it's a shame the instrumental was used for it. And for So Fine, I can't help it but that lyric about the sweater makes me think of Spongebob holding his sweater of tears every time and I can't take it seriously :lol:

Edit. Hold up, is the lyric about a sweater or sweat?? I think I've been making fun of Duff when I was the idiot who can't hear, I take back what I said lol 

UYI booklet says it's "sweat".

That Spongebob scene is exactly what I think of, too. :lol:

1 hour ago, kingcanyon said:

i asked this in the Offical Media discussion, but is it me or is this a different mix of the song?

Yeah, that's the new "Oops, all clipping" remix.

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, kingcanyon said:

Sounds like it's in standard tuning instead of the usual half-step down tuning of the original. This is the second time I've heard them do this. Knowing the management, it could very well be a mistake while editing the video that they failed to notice. 

5 hours ago, evilfacelessturtle said:

I don't understand why anybody would hate Bad Apples. I can get being ambivalent about it, I guess, but not hating. It's possibly the last collaboratively written song by Slash, Axl, Izzy and Duff.

It feels like one of the only real 'continuations' of AFD... of course there were older songs on UYI, but Bad Apples has that great guitar interplay, has a Stones-y influence, and shows that if they got their shit together they could still write great songs as a unit. It's probably their most underrated song IMO.

As for OIAM... I'm not gonna defend the lyrics but as a whole, it's a great piece of art. Great instrumental, great vocals, and for better or worse the lyrics will evoke some emotion...

• Like 3

5 hours ago, BluegrassBlues said:

And for So Fine, I can't help it but that lyric about the sweater makes me think of Spongebob holding his sweater of tears every time and I can't take it seriously :lol:

This made me LOL , misheard lyrics always make me laugh :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/13/2024 at 1:37 PM, El Guapo said:

I have a very hard time accepting that ANYBODY prefers The General over Bad Apples and Anything Goes.

And all the other songs.

I prefer the General over Bad Apples and Anything Goes by a wide margin. But I do think the one demo of anything goes from the AFD box set was pretty good 

• Like 1

Deep Purple just released a new animated music video for Smoke On the Water. And according to the credits there's AI technician too. I think this kinda video would have worked better for The General too. 

28 minutes ago, tboneman said:

Deep Purple just released a new animated music video for Smoke On the Water. And according to the credits there's AI technician too. I think this kinda video would have worked better for The General too. 

An average forum user jerking off over an Emma Watson photo would have worked better for the General video...

I like this one from DP. Actually reminds me of PF’s The Wall from 1982 a tiny bit. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/13/2024 at 12:54 PM, Cosmo said:

IMO, their worst songs are Absurd, My World (obviously), Riad N' The Bedouins, Bad Apples and Anything Goes. These are the songs I can't stand.

Other than Absurd, those are my bottom of the barrel too…but when they started playing anything goes live, it won me over temporarily. 

On 3/1/2024 at 7:49 PM, Bitchisback said:

I prefer the General over Bad Apples and Anything Goes by a wide margin. But I do think the one demo of anything goes from the AFD box set was pretty good 

I do. By a lot too.