Slash's blues album set for May; single out now. SERPENT festival announced

On 3/9/2024 at 2:53 AM, Tom-Ass said:

You are very optimistic. Aerosmith are my favorite band but they haven't even been able to complete a Vegas residency as of late.. I admire your faith and do hope you are correct..

Now back to Slash! This album and tour should be a blast!

Good news on this front...even re-doing the first dates they already completed as Tyler wasn't happy with his voice those nights....🤞 He can get through it without more shenanigans!

Faith I said....

https://www.loudersound.com/news/aerosmith-rescheduled-farewell-tour

On 4/12/2024 at 9:18 AM, Robert39 said:

The drummer situation can be solved, Bring Brent fitz in and it wil be great !! Last tuesday went to the Conspirators in Amsterdam, Brent is the un sung hero of the band !! Damn he is realy good !!! It was one of best gigs if seen from the Conspirators. 

Axl can still sound good in a studio, live is a different story...........

100%, Fitzy is one of the best. Current GnR would sound 100x better if he (or someone like him) was behind the kit.

On 4/12/2024 at 9:38 AM, Tom-Ass said:

Same.. I have very little interest in what Gn'R do anymore. They could hang it up tomorrow and it would probably be for the better.. I'll still go see them live for nostalgia purposes and to see Slash play the classics live but if I had a chance to see this tour over Guns, I would choose this one... 

I feel the same way. The tour last year was cool and fun to follow online here because of the changes in the set and the overall positive energy but otherwise there's nothing exciting going on there anymore.

On 4/12/2024 at 5:36 PM, evilfacelessturtle said:

Not just Axl but Slash also needs to realize how much better this is mixed than the last two SMKC albums. Neither of them seem to have a great ear for mixing and production.

LtD was fine but 4 sounded like a demo from a rehearsal. I agree with your 2nd sentence though. I've found that most musicians don't pick up on the finer details in the mix the same way that mixing engineers and producers can.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MaskingApathy said:

100%, Fitzy is one of the best. Current GnR would sound 100x better if he (or someone like him) was behind the kit.

I feel the same way. The tour last year was cool and fun to follow online here because of the changes in the set and the overall positive energy but otherwise there's nothing exciting going on there anymore.

LtD was fine but 4 sounded like a demo from a rehearsal. I agree with your 2nd sentence though. I've found that most musicians don't pick up on the finer details in the mix the same way that mixing engineers and producers can.

I agree, LTD wasn’t that bad. 4 is by far Slash’s worst sounding record to date and Mike Clink is the best producer he had. I really hope he keeps it in mind for future releases.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Free Bird said:

I agree, LTD wasn’t that bad. 4 is by far Slash’s worst sounding record to date and Mike Clink is the best producer he had. I really hope he keeps it in mind for future releases.

LtD is honestly the same as WoF and any other modern rock record from the last 20 years. Same standard mix.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Blackstar said:

2024_143.jpg

2024_145.jpg

2024_146.jpg

2024_148.jpg

2024_147.jpg

2024_149.jpg

2024_151.jpg

2024_150.jpg

2024_152.jpg

“Beth Hart delivers a huge emotional payload on her version of Stormy Monday, the track that boasts perhaps the best blues guitar playing by Slash on the entire album”

Damn, can’t wait to listen to this. It was already one of the songs I was the most interested in but comments like this don’t make it easier to wait…

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I'm stoked for this album, and it's cool to read about it, but this made me laugh.

image.png.3e782c74c5e1617e375cd1d4e3208a4c.png

I'm sure everyone has tons of ideas. The timing hasn't aligned. They all want to do it, they just need to figure out how. :rofl-lol:

another comment made by either Slash or Duff that makes me think they have talked about it and that Axl could be interested in doing a final Gn'R album eventually. doesn't mean it will definitely happen, or anytime soon, but I think it's very possible that Axl doesn't want Gn'R to end without a final Gn'R album released.

Edited by Rovim

6 minutes ago, Rovim said:

another comment made by either Slash or Duff that makes me think they have talked about it and that Axl could be interested in doing a final Gn'R album eventually. doesn't mean it will definitely happen, or anytime soon, but I think it's very possible that Axl doesn't want Gn'R to end without a final Gn'R album released.

"could be interested... eventually" 

tenor.gif

At best a final album would be a compilation of the NITL singles, covers and Duff songs. I'd bet a covers album is more likely than an actual newly-written album... and in the context of GNR, newly-written still leaves them a decade to write it :lol:

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

"could be interested... eventually" 

tenor.gif

At best a final album would be a compilation of the NITL singles, covers and Duff songs. I'd bet a covers album is more likely than an actual newly-written album... and in the context of GNR, newly-written still leaves them a decade to write it :lol:

they still have time to make it happen. it all depends on Axl, but the way Slash and Duff are talking about it recently makes me conclude that Axl probably let Slash and Duff know that a new album isn't off the table at the very least and my guess is that there's a good chance that an attempt will be made eventually. stranger things have happened and we have no idea what exactly Axl wants to do cause he's not talking.

saying there is zero chance for it to happen just ignores the reality of it imho.

• Like 1

I think every “new album” announcement by any GNR member at any point now is completely laughable until it isn’t. It’s always the right timing for being sceptical regardless who’s saying the album’s might coming.

• Like 3

Just now, Rovim said:

they still have time to make it happen. it all depends on Axl, but the way Slash and Duff are talking about it recently makes me conclude that Axl probably let Slash and Duff know that a new album isn't off the table at the very least and my guess is that there's a good chance that an attempt will be made eventually. stranger things have happened and we have no idea what exactly Axl wants to do cause he's not talking.

saying there is zero chance for it to happen just ignores the reality of it imho.

Sure, anything could happen. 1% chance of happening is still a chance. But there's no real reason to think it will happen eventually, I wouldn't say there's a 'good chance' they'd even attempt it. You can find quotes like this from Slash and Duff going back several years, which are just a continuation from what the band said during the CD years.

9 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Sure, anything could happen. 1% chance of happening is still a chance. But there's no real reason to think it will happen eventually, I wouldn't say there's a 'good chance' they'd even attempt it. You can find quotes like this from Slash and Duff going back several years, which are just a continuation from what the band said during the CD years.

yes, I'm aware of the history and old quotes from the 90's regarding a new album, but history doesn't predict the future and Axl is not 90 years old. I think making a final musical statement is a tall order and maybe not going to be easy to pull off, but these guys have made records together before, there is a lot of unreleased material to work with, and with the current structure of the band with no real issues, I think there is a real chance for them to make it happen years from now.

I realize that it can very easily not happen and all we'll get is whatever remaining Chinese tunes that Axl still wants to release, if that, but I believe ideally, Axl would want to end it with a proper album that includes Slash (and Duff)

just because the process is super slow, doesn't mean Axl can't get to the finish line in time. that's just the way I see it, I can understand why others like you see it differently considering Axl's reputation as a musician.

4 minutes ago, Rovim said:

yes, I'm aware of the history and old quotes from the 90's regarding a new album, but history doesn't predict the future and Axl is not 90 years old. I think making a final musical statement is a tall order and maybe not going to be easy to pull off, but these guys have made records together before, there is a lot of unreleased material to work with, and with the current structure of the band with no real issues, I think there is a real chance for them to make it happen years from now.

I realize that it can very easily not happen and all we'll get is whatever remaining Chinese tunes that Axl still wants to release, if that, but I believe ideally, Axl would want to end it with a proper album that includes Slash (and Duff)

just because the process is super slow, doesn't mean Axl can't get to the finish line in time. that's just the way I see it, I can understand why others like you see it differently considering Axl's reputation as a musician.

CD was his final musical 'statement' and it was a good one. The leftovers/singles are only a glimpse into the vault, but they're not promising, and it doesn't seem like there's any real effort to go out with a final album. There's gems in the vault of course, but we've only heard them from leaks - Monsters and Going Down. SOG had potential. I'd like to hear anything that Axl has recorded, but I'm definitely not holding my breath.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

CD was his final musical 'statement' and it was a good one. The leftovers/singles are only a glimpse into the vault, but they're not promising, and it doesn't seem like there's any real effort to go out with a final album. There's gems in the vault of course, but we've only heard them from leaks - Monsters and Going Down. SOG had potential. I'd like to hear anything that Axl has recorded, but I'm definitely not holding my breath.

first of all, I'm not holding my breath either. I did say that if it would happen, it would happen years from now. that is my guess anyway.

second: how do you know that Chinese Democracy was Axl's final statement? you don't, cause Gn'R is not over yet plus what Axl has in his hard drives probably dates back to the 90's and combined with whatever got done during the Chinese years, a 'glimpse' is the right word to describe what we got. it's not a reliable indicator when it comes to how much material the current lineup has to work with or in what quality. we know very little, that's an important fact to remember.