A VERY tough question. Do you prefer Older Axl or Young Axl? 🤔💡

Which Axl do you prefer? Older Axl or Young Axl? 🤔💡  

81 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So, Young Axl was filled with passion, anger, was wild, reckless, impulsive, inadvertently caused riots, was allegedly abusive to women, potty mouthed, showed up late, sometimes didn't show up at all, was violent, temperamental, had a good singing voice.

Older Axl is nice, sweet, happy, calm, mature, friendly , prevents riots, is rational, even tempered, shows up on time, family friendly, thoughtful, his voice isn't all that great. 

Which Axl do you prefer? Young Axl or Older Axl? 🤔💡

Edited by Karice
  • Like 1

As a frontman and performer? Cmon, that’s not even a question. 1988 Axl was his peak before he became a rant machine. 
As a person? He seems so much happier and content nowadays. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DTV88 said:

As a frontman and performer? Cmon, that’s not even a question. 1988 Axl was his peak before he became a rant machine. 
As a person? He seems so much happier and content nowadays. 

He actually had alot of rants and stories in 88 as well. They were just more bad ass and much less whiny.

As an artist Axl was untouchable in his hey day.. Appearance aside, he lacks stage presence, charisma, creativity and a voice these days.. 

• Like 2

I mean, in terms of someone to be around on a personal level, then obviously older Axl. 

Seeing as that's not something that is an issue then younger Axl. The one that released music, put on wild live shows and was full of fire. That's what made me a fan. 

• Like 1

If we are speaking in terms of him as a professional entertainer, how could anyone prefer older Axl?

I hope that's not nasty to say, but the voice, the passion, both are seemingly lost today.

As a person, I hope he's happy & healthy.

• Like 1

I must say that I do miss the young Axl that was passionate and had the attitude of  victory or death. I'm happy for Axl being older and enjoying life much more now. He is in a better place mentally than back in the early 90s. 

• Like 1

Axl ‘86-‘93 kicked ass.  Total rock “star”.  Unpredictable (good or bad) he was a true icon.  Today’s Axl- seems happy as hell but he’s a corporate machine.  Static and predictable.  Still love and respect the dude though.  

• Like 3

I really don't like to see anyone struggling mentally, and as in awe as I am of the 80s and 90s Axl performances, they also make me kind of sad. I don't know what people were thinking at the time, buts it's so obvious this was someone who was not ok and a show or rant away from a mental breakdown. So, I'll pick old and current Axl over that anytime 

• Like 2

Axl in his 40s was the best Axl. He had a fine balance of both past and present Axl. 2006-2010 in particular was the best version of him imo.

In this period He was revealing his anger from time to time but looked pretty chill and fun for the most part. Seemed very social, had genuine girlfriend(s), fashionable, excellent vocals and stage presence, was running a creative and dynamic band.

Edited by ©GnrPersia
  • Like 1