Apparently Motley Crüe asked GNR to tour with them

2 minutes ago, BillConnor_1982 said:

Yes. GnR has managed to maintain their integrity throughout the years. Lol

No, I never said that. But Motley Crue is the bottom of the barrel. Motley Crue, Poison, Skid Row, etc...  They're the lowest possible point. There's no going beyond that.

• Like 2

Other than personal preferences on the music, I don't see that much difference between Motley Crue and GNR really. 

I don't really get why people don't like Motley Crue to the level they do, again, other than preferring the music of GNR. 

If we're talking 'musically credible band' stuff, surely Motley Crue might even surpass GNR- they've done way more albums. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

I know ticket sales have fallen a bit for gnr, but they are still more than capable of headlining without the help of another act to bump the sales. Motley wouldn't move the needle. They basically share the same fans for 1, 2 motley have an even worse live reputation than gnr.

An example of a good pairing for stadiums would be GNR/Nickelback, complimentary but different style and has a slightly different fanbase and they don't play stadiums so it would be worthwhile for them. Billed as the the two most hated bands in rock. I don't even like Nickelback all that much but I'd be interested in that pairing 

I'd be excited for that. Nickelback does have a few catchy tunes too. 

• Like 1

Nikki now pretends to play bass live, at least some of the drums are sampled. The way they treated Mick Mars was BS & Vince neil killed an old friend of the band drink driving. 

Why would this ever happen?

I just remembered DJ Ashba wrote and released more songs with Motley Crue than GN'R

Edited by Rindmelon
ashba part
  • Like 2

Ok, the not playing live thing is a fair criticism! 

The behaviour stuff.....I mean GNR aren't exactly saints in terms of some of their past behaviour! 

Musically, yeah, GNR are way more my thing, but that's just a taste thing surely? 

I’m disturbed some would be OK with this…Guns n Roses and Motley Cru may be contemporaries and some members might be friends… But musically and everything the bands stand for and represent are radically different, at least to my taste and sensibilities. 

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, RichardNixon said:

Motley Crue could never compose a song like "Locomotive," "Coma" or "Estranged."

Even their best albums like Shout at the Devil and Dr. Feelgood sound like relics from a bygone era. GN'R music has aged much better, imo.

My favourite is the 1994 album with John Corabi. 

• Like 2

I will love a GnR show like motley does.... with good stage, pyro, fire flames, explosions, amazing lights. A very wow show... sadly they have a horrendous singer. Not like a famous mouse.... but like a cat dying from a big beating.

7 hours ago, allwaystired said:

I don't really get why people don't like Motley Crue to the level they do, again, other than preferring the music of GNR. 

Crue brought it all on themselves.. They are one of my all-time favorite bands, but they are a complete joke now. I have seen them around 30 times and some of the best shows I have ever seen.. They may not have been the tightest band live but they were a great rock show and they used to actually play live. They could throw one hell of a party.. 

The backing tracks became way out of hand.  Whether it was them pretending to sing background vocals or Nikki pretending to play bass. They tried to distract everyone with explosions. Then there is Vince.. No explanation needed.. They should have ducked out after the Carnival of Sins tour which was great.. Then there is the whole retiring thing.. They should have stayed retired and things had gotten so bad that I thought they would.. The stadium tour was delayed due to the Kung Flu but when did they announce it initially? Like 3 years after their "final show"? People here bitch about the Guns setlist... Motley Crue have basically been playing the same 14 song set greatest hits for 20 years now. They used to throw in a decent amount of deep cuts.. Train wreck.  

Edited by Tom-Ass
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Tom-Ass said:

Crue brought it all on themselves.. They are one of my all-time favorite bands, but they are a complete joke now. I have seen them around 30 times and some of the best shows I have ever seen.. They may not have been the tightest band live but they were a great rock show and they used to actually play live. They could throw one hell of a party.. 

The backing tracks became way out of hand.  Whether it was them pretending to sing background vocals or Nikki pretending to play bass. They tried to distract everyone with explosions. Then there is Vince.. No explanation needed.. They should have ducked out after the Carnival of Sins tour which was great.. Then there is the whole retiring thing.. They should have stayed retired and things had gotten so bad that I thought they would.. The stadium tour was delayed due to the Kung Flu but when did they announce it initially? Like 3 years after their "final show"? People here bitch about the Guns setlist... Motley Crue have basically been playing the same 14 song set greatest hits for 20 years now. They used to throw in a decent amount of deep cuts.. Train wreck.  

That's all fair enough, especially coming from someone that has seen them so many times over the years.

I get a bit more now why people have a problem with them!

• Like 1

Can't see GNR opening for Motley Crue.

I know that Poison was supposed to have a headling tour and then Motley Crue came out of retirement and then Def Leppard joined in and then it wasn't Poison's tour anymore.  Then Motley Crue and Deff Leppard toured. I don't think it was a good match but nothing was said.

Now Def Leppard are headling their own tour and not sure about the Crue. I tell you if it weren't for Tommy and Mich MC would suck. Vince can't sing anymore at all. The fans do most of the singing. Now with John 5, who knows?  Mick is a great guitar player, so who knows" 

Every member of the Crue except Nikki have come and gone or were fired. I doubt these guys get along except for being on stage otherwise Nikki and Tommy still hate Vince for having that accident that killed the Hanoi Rocks drummer. Meanwhile, they were all addicts and drunks.

26 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

GnR is so much better than MC at this point, and especially after the Mick Mars stuff they would just look stupid in comparison.

I agree.