How Often Do You Listen to 'The Guys' Now?

How often do you listen to GNR or the band's related components, past and present? (For example, Buckethead etc).

As I am a fairly recent fan I obviously listen daily but what is it like if you've been a fan for decades? Do you retain affection for the band but do not listen to the music that often or are you still listening to them frequently?

Interested to know.
Edited by BetterDay7

A lot of my GNR listening is radio based nowadays. The local stations here play a ton of GNR so there's not much temptation to put any on independently. I do bust out CD on vinyl every other month or so though.

GNR: daily. In the recent few days, i listened some CD and some live performances from 2001 onwards...

Now it's time to celebrate their first show 30 years ago: so i will listen to the classic GNR discography

Other than this, i listen to some Slash solo material and occasionaly some Izzy material. other than that i don't give a fuck about any other members solo projects right now

The occasional GnR track when it pops up on the ipod's shuffle, sometimes I'll listen to the Democracy in Beantown bootleg (2002 show)

Otherwise some Buckethead material daily, got bored with Velvet Revolver, Slash stuff, Izzy stuff, etc

• Like 1

The occasional GnR track when it pops up on the ipod's shuffle, sometimes I'll listen to the Democracy in Beantown bootleg (2002 show)

Otherwise some Buckethead material daily, got bored with Velvet Revolver, Slash stuff, Izzy stuff, etc

Ohshit i forgot to include Buckethead... so far i've heard almost every pike and wonder if he ever stops the pikes to work on a proper studio album

He is a fucking musical genius and pretty much the only NewGNR member who have any talent for songwriting plus guitar playing

• Like 1

Diverse responses.

Ah, the Spotify generation... Tried that for a while and liked but then reverted to antedeluvian measures: CDs, vinyl, and, yep, cassettes! I don't really listen to any music radio, just talk-based. If I get interested in something/someone I'll buy it cheap on CD.

I very briefly popped into a punk festival earlier today (small scale, free entry) and in between the acts Mr Brownstone came on. Followed by Nirvana. Mr Brownstone, alive and smacked off his trolley in the back street pubs of northern England.

I listen to music everyday while going and coming back from work on my ipod, the songs are on a shuffle, so GNR songs do pop up, I just keep on changing the songs, the songs I look forward from GNR are Dont Cry, This I love and Street of Dreams. I do have stuff from Slash and Izzy too and always listen to them, there is Bumblefoot stuff also, but only 2 or 3 songs from his album which I like that would be the Title Track, Higher and Argentina

I haven't listened to the albums in years. I don't even own them on any format anymore (although I've purchased every album more than once over the years) but I heard You Could Be Mine the other day and remembered what an amazing song that is. It's made me want to get the illusion albums again for my car.

I don't listen to CD much, mainly because I played the shit out of it from 08-12 and it's taking a well-deserved break.

I rarely listen to AFD, but sometimes pop on Lies or the Illusions albums if I'm in the mood.

I haven't listened to them in a few months, except for what I hear on the radio. I basically come onto this site out of habit at this point, my passion for GNR is waaay less than it was a while ago. Inactivity is mostly what is killing me with GNR, there is nothing interesting to keep me latched on as a devoted fan