How long is this 'No Interview' policy gonna last?

A RS cover and article/interview with the big 3 or 1 of them would be great.  The China Exchange thing was stupid.  Eddie Trunk was allegedly going to score an interview, but that was back around the Vegas shows.  Guess when you sell out (basically) 25 stadiums and then ditto in SA you don't need to do interviews.

• Like 1

Maybe they don't know yet what's going to happen. Things went well on the first leg of the tour, Axl has let them hear some things he was working on. The holidays have been going on so they have probably been spending time with their families. The next leg of the tour is starting soon. I think when they get back out on the road together again, and hopefully things keep going well, then we will hear something more definite. After all the crap he took from everyone during the years waiting on CD to come out, might have something to do with it. I just think he doesn't want to put out any info without feeling that it's based on facts. Just a little patience....;)

23 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

It's stupid as fuck at this point. The fact that we got the 2 weird China Exchange and South American thing makes it stranger. Whatever, the shows have been so good so I'm not going to nitpick this topic too much. Typical Axl behavior, though

They may add a third weird interview with some Japanese T.V. channel. They will perfom there in a few weeks. I do miss the good old days of MTV and Kurt Loder

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, scooby845 said:

Come on already, what's the hold up?

None. They won't do it because they know they don't need to. The same reason why they won't release a new album. 

They don't wanna do it, no reason to make up excuses but still very unfortunate.

• Like 3

I honestly don't care too much now, I was super excited last year that we would get a dozens of interviews, but nothing happened.....

I don't want to get my hopes up.

like Jane said, the same reason why they won't release an album. 

What they're doing is choosing the safest approach. Slash is not saying shit. I kinda hate it, but I think it's smart. I remember Axl got a little nervous in the Kimmel interview when he found out there were some twitter questions. The China Exchange interview was very controlled environment, and South American interviews seem to be conducted with a more protective approach.

I'm guessing this is the way they're gonna do things until they have something to promote other than more live shows, but even then, Slash actually answering real questions especially about the past, the feud, all that shit plus what about new material and Axl are probably not perceived by the Gn'R camp as something that can help the cause of making more money. What they seem to want to communicate to fans is "we're so happy!". Why open a fresh can of worms and actually discuss in detail all the good stuff when it can just hurt them? doesn't make sense from a business stand point.

Having said that, it's not something they could keep doing forever. Slash will have to speak eventually.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1

As long as these shows are always sold out, they don't really need to do interviews. What would they gain from it? When the hype is slowing down, that's when they'll do some interviews to get the hype going again in order to promote the next album or more touring or what ever they're planning to do then.

Obviously I would love them to do more interviews, but I understand that they don't necessarily need to do them at the moment. The shows are selling just fine without that kind of promotion.

1 hour ago, Rovim said:

What they're doing is choosing the safest approach. Slash is not saying shit. I kinda hate it, but I think it's smart. I remember Axl got a little nervous in the Kimmel interview when he found out there were some twitter questions. The China Exchange interview was very controlled environment, and South American interviews seem to be conducted with a more protective approach.

I'm guessing this is the way they're gonna do things until they have something to promote other than more live shows, but even then, Slash actually answering real questions especially about the past, the feud, all that shit plus what about new material and Axl is probably not perceived by the Gn'R camp as something that can help the cause of making more money. What they seem to want to communicate to fans is "we're so happy!". Why open a fresh can of worms and actually discuss in detail all the good stuff when it can just hurt them? doesn't make sense from a business stand point.

Having said that, it's not something they could keep doing forever. Slash will have to speak eventually.

I agree. It sucks. But its working for now.

4 hours ago, scooby845 said:

No, seriously...

I mean it's been almost a year and now the 'novelty has worn off' to a certain extent, the question itself arises...

It's time they start talking.. 

We wanna know what Slash thinks of Axl's voice, Axl's thoughts on if the reunion should have happened sooner, Duff's thoughts...etc etc..

Come on already, what's the hold up?

Couldn't agree more. The only thing I can think (that's positive) is that they don't want to say anything in the press so nothing gets twisted and they end up having problems again. 

• Like 3

I don't think they have to worry about press twisting everything these days. Back in the 90's they were young, high and/or drunk and they were communicating through managers and whatnot. Now they are older, sober and clearheaded and they have cellphones, so they can communicate with each other more conveniently.

I just think they want keep the shrouded in mystery -thing going on. Plus the shows are selling out and they don't have an album coming out, so there is no need to do interviews. Unfortunately.

Edited by jekylhyde

3 hours ago, Jane M. said:

None. They won't do it because they know they don't need to. The same reason why they won't release a new album. 

They don't wanna do it, no reason to make up excuses but still very unfortunate.

As much as I want a new album, the odds are long. But the past showed us you can't predict the future regarding this band. 

Though it's pretty save to say the guys working on music. That's what Slash does on tour. And I'm pretty sure if Axl won't use his stuff or if Axl insists not to release anything, Slash will keep his ideas and we'll hear them in another solo record. It's not the same but it's new music and the tour is long, so he's got the time to work longer on ideas or songs, what will lead to a stronger album... probably. 

Many questions remain.

It depends on who he's writing with. Does he write on his own, with Duff or even with Richard? So, what is he able to use of these writings. Will he use them with SMKC or will he start something new with Duff? Some of this stuff could end up in Axl's vault, who knows, but I bet we will hear new music that has its seeds in the Not in this lifetime tour sooner or later.

Edited by Free Bird
  • Like 1