Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

On 12/18/2018 at 3:13 PM, soon said:

Frank lives in New York or New Jersey, iirc? But he's hanging with GnR folks in LA. I wonder if that hints at any sort of GNR activity going on?

Unfortunately, probably not. A friend of mine is friends with Frank, he told me Frank moved out to LA. 

21 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Unfortunately, probably not. A friend of mine is friends with Frank, he told me Frank moved out to LA. 

Shit. Oh, well. Its nice to think that I was so hopeful for a minute there, lol.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Ratam said:

HAPPY NEW YEAR@Marlingrl03 :hug:this Matt and wife pic looks as these Fashion magazine pics or celebrities and millonaires magazines.He looks very elegant.

Agree! Matt and his wife are quite stylish! Hope you had a great New Year's!!! :)

• Thanks 1

On 31/12/2018 at 8:22 PM, Tourettes2400 said:

Did any of you notice Fortus comments on this post? lol Guess someone is a little bitter for not being displayed as part of the band :lol:

Edited by default_
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, default_ said:

Did any of you notice Fortus comments on this post? lol Guess someone is a little bitter for not being displayed as part of the band :lol:

I'd be bitter as well if I were him.. He's a hell of a guitarist, is in the band since 2002, after axl and dizzy the longest serving member but still everyone only cares about axl, Slash and duff

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, SAU3R said:

I'd be bitter as well if I were him.. He's a hell of a guitarist, is in the band since 2002, after axl and dizzy the longest serving member but still everyone only cares about axl, Slash and duff

You sound surprised 🤔

He knows his place in the grand scheme of things - no matter how long he’s been around

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, LA_0013 said:

You sound surprised 🤔

He knows his place in the grand scheme of things - no matter how long he’s been around

He sure knows that the big three are what the fan's care about and I know that as well, but at least some small appreciation on social media or so would be nice because as I said he is a big part of the bands history, probably the casual fans would start noticing him (and frank, dizzy, Melissa) then

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, LA_0013 said:

You sound surprised 🤔

For someone that has been in the band as long as he has he probably feels hes earned his place and shouldnt be considered the "nuguns guy" and deep down probably wants to be included in having his picture on merch or marketed as much as the others. I wouldn't blame him. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, LA_0013 said:

You sound surprised 🤔

Well after reading his comments. I don't think he knows his place. He is moaning because he claims to be the number 3 guy. In fact in the picture there is only one member to begin with

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Padme said:

Well after reading his comments. I don't think he knows his place. He is moaning because he claims to be the number 3 guy. In fact in the picture there is only one member to begin with

There’s 3 pictures

1 hour ago, Sydney Fan said:

For someone that has been in the band as long as he has he probably feels hes earned his place and shouldnt be considered the "nuguns guy" and deep down probably wants to be included in having his picture on merch or marketed as much as the others. I wouldn't blame him. 

I get your argument - I really do.

But for many (myself included) - as harsh as it sounds he’s a long term hired hand that’s got them through their tours.

Yes, he’s been around since 2002 - but it’s quite striking he didn’t have a single song credit on Chinese (please correct me if I’m wrong).

IMO, the only way to change the perception of Fortus from a hired hand to an official member is if he actually contributes something original to the band, rather than being a (long term) stand in for someone else

• Like 1