Steven announces new singer Constantine Maroulis

8 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

What the hell is going on here?! He sounds bad and Mr. "We sound better than real GnR" doesn't even know which track My Michelle is on AFD (7 not 4). I think some of Steven's arrogance has rubbed off on him but to me he seems kind of a dick. 

According to him, he is singing it the way it is supposed to be :lol:

• Haha 4

I gave a quick listen to a few covers of Appetite material with this new singer, and I must say I absolutely agree: the guy has no charisma, no stage presence, his voice doesn't fit the song at all.

Horrible choice!

2 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

What the hell is going on here?! He sounds bad and Mr. "We sound better than real GnR" doesn't even know which track My Michelle is on AFD (7 not 4). I think some of Steven's arrogance has rubbed off on him but to me he seems kind of a dick. 

Not to mention he looks like he's having a seizure when he sings.

19 minutes ago, EvH said:

I gave a quick listen to a few covers of Appetite material with this new singer, and I must say I absolutely agree: the guy has no charisma, no stage presence, his voice doesn't fit the song at all.

Horrible choice!

Not to mention he looks like he's having a seizure when he sings.

Not to mention this fuckin' radio show?! WTF seriously. DJ says "Can you get me instrumental for My Michelle GN'R song that no one ever heard of" 

3 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

He didn't say real GN'R, said current GN'R ;)

3 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

My god, he’s worse than terrible. And maybe the audio was delayed, but he was out of time too. 

There’s also footage of Mr Brownstone that turned up recently, and that sounds just as bad. 

This My Michelle is plain embarrassing. I wish Steven had picked a modest singer. There's no way I would go and watch this guy butcher the songs. I'd rather Steven just played along a tape then. Suddenly my appreciation for Myles has grown.

Aw c'mon, lets give the guy a chance..he has some pretty big shoes to fill, I don't think any of us would really be happy with whomever he chose!

And I'm quite sure those things were said to generate publicity, get people talking, and check them out.

Besides that, Steven is probably ecstatic that he said those things, that his frontman is showing him 100% support.

I'm rooting for Constantine :lol: 

• Like 3

If you're gonna turn it into a tribute act at least give it a little charm.  My Michelle would lend itself to a northern re-imagining i think.  'My Michelle loves her heroin', I could very much hear it in a Coronation Street accent.  Turn it into Our Michelle and record it like a pub sing-a-long, like Lily of Laguna :lol: Like that Oasis song that sounds a bit scouse 'there we were...now 'ere we are' :lol:  Dey do do dat doh dont dey :lol:

Edited by Len Cnut

13 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

If you're gonna turn it into a tribute act at least give it a little charm.  My Michelle would lend itself to a northern re-imagining i think.  'My Michelle loves her heroin', I could very much hear it in a Coronation Street accent.  Turn it into Our Michelle and record it like a pub sing-a-long, like Lily of Laguna :lol: Like that Oasis song that sounds a bit scouse 'there we were...now 'ere we are' :lol:  Dey do do dat doh dont dey :lol:

Should just do their setlists with perpetual smacked arse facial expressions a la southerners. 

• Haha 1