Would you pay $9.99/month for a GNR streaming service with unreleased audio/video?

Would you pay $9.99/month for a GNR streaming service with unreleased audio/video?  

206 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'd probably buy some sort of video box set release but not a re-occuring streaming service....there's just not enough of a variety in their catalogue.  I'd get bored of it after a month or two.

Heck, I get bored of Netflix after a month or two and they have thousands of shows, movies, etc...lol.

• Like 2

The answer is NO from me. 

As someone else said, if I can't own it, I don't want it. 

Mind you, if they came out and released a box set of pro shot UYI shows and the rumoured doco with some current interviews, I'd pay big money for that. 

As for tattoos, belt buckles and guitar pics... not interested. 

16 hours ago, TheSeeker said:

GNR has a treasure trove of unreleased proshot shows - why not throw them all up on the GNR Network, charge $9.99/month, and make some money?

Would you subscribe to such a service?

No Fernando, now go away. 

i prefer official DVD release...  They have all UYI gigs on analog films! They can transfer the analog films in a digital format like 720p (1080i) or 1080p and that is absoluty okay

I would like to see 91's Inglewood (including Locomotive), 91's Wembley (Izzys  last Show) on DVD, remaster Tokyo '92 and Argentina '93

and a Box with all they best performance of each song... like Live Era in video form

that's it.. i would pay for this....

No. First of all I prefer to own something instead of streaming (yeah, might be old fashioned but it's still my opinion). Also this would only be fine with me if they actually put out EVERYTHING they have which they won't, including doucumentaries, behind the scenes footage. Just 10-15 shows from each era is not worth making a subscription. And of course they must put in new stuff regularly.

So no, they won't do that. If they would release DVD/BR boxsets with shows (of the 85-93 era) I'd happily pay 10, 15, 20$ per show - 5 shows for 100$? Take my money. If they put in behind the scenes footage (longer than 5 minutes) make it 120 or even 150$. No, guitar picks or rings would NOT make it worth 150$ for me - I want actual footage. 

Having said that, in my opinion it's very hard to come up with something like that (the streaming site). Just because they have a lot of footage in their archives doesn't mean they can release/stream all they want. There's a lot of legal stuff in the background that would need to be fixed first.

Maybe not a monthly subscription style, but a website where you can purchase shows individually à la Springsteen and Metallica.

It would be awesome to include full concert videos as well. I think most bands with similiar services offer soundboard only - with videos GNR could offer something unique.

Of course I understand the quality wouldn't be the best - I don't think they recorded that many shows on multitrack so the audio is mostly just the raw mix and the videos are probably just the live screen feeds. It still would be a goldmine for fans to finally explore the vault.

I, for one, wouldn't mind if they didn't spend that much time remastering the footage - just put them online as they are and I would empty my wallet.

Wishful thinking, of course, as I don't think the band would be very willing releasing concerts with possibly bad playing, bad quality and with all the tantrums.

But in this time of internet, such service could be possible. Hope they would smell the money :lol:

WWE Network succeeds because WWE has over 100,000 hours of video content in their archives. They upload new content weekly.

There are also millions of WWE fans around the world who have no problem spending $10 per month for access to Pay Per View shows that would normally cost around $50 from their Pay TV provider.

GNR would be better off licensing their content to Netflix or Amazon Prime.

The overhead to run an over-the-top service would be cost prohibitive for a single band.

It would make more sense for the major labels to start ONE streaming video service and to upload live performances and related content that they would never release officially.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

The costs involved in selling the recorded live shows (since the pro tools revolution) is so small that I can't believe they haven't done it yet. I'd guess Axl just doesn't like the idea... Or maybe doesn't want to open up the door to that kind of detailed criticism. 

It would be great, just like if they released pro shot video audio... Basically copy and paste the Metallica blueprint.

But for some reason what they have released is Axl at obviously not his best (Tokyo 92, The 2012 release). I'm surprised he signed off on those but not shows when he was peaking. Even for the new era I'm shocked they didn't do a release of a 2010 show.

8 minutes ago, Wagszilla said:

Otherwise, they'd make more hay releasing individual shows on video at $20 a pop and they'd empty the vault pretty quickly doing it for unreleased music. 

They would but the shows would be up on YouTube a couple days later.

They should just sign a deal with Netflix and once a week release a show. Turn them into seasons like a tv series. 

Have Netflix collect news footage and go thru archives so when you click on a show to watch you are greeted with an update on what was going on with the band at the time, their public perception and the build up to their show.

they could use the platform to release future shows, documentaries, and so forth. It would be groundbreaking and really a cool watch. 

You make your money in the amount of people who are on Netflix. You bring in new fans, a new audience, people who become interested in their history. 

32 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

They should just sign a deal with Netflix and once a week release a show. Turn them into seasons like a tv series. 

Have Netflix collect news footage and go thru archives so when you click on a show to watch you are greeted with an update on what was going on with the band at the time, their public perception and the build up to their show.

they could use the platform to release future shows, documentaries, and so forth. It would be groundbreaking and really a cool watch. 

You make your money in the amount of people who are on Netflix. You bring in new fans, a new audience, people who become interested in their history. 

In 2018, this is the best way for any production company to release new content!

On 11/05/2018 at 1:05 PM, t-p-d-a said:

i prefer official DVD release...  They have all UYI gigs on analog films! They can transfer the analog films in a digital format like 720p (1080i) or 1080p and that is absoluty okay

I would like to see 91's Inglewood (including Locomotive), 91's Wembley (Izzys  last Show) on DVD, remaster Tokyo '92 and Argentina '93

and a Box with all they best performance of each song... like Live Era in video form

that's it.. i would pay for this....

While they might have recorded most UYI shows, they more than probably have them on videotape and not on actual film. Therefore their resolution is fixed by the recording, and cannot be scanned at higher res like film.

Edited by EvH

14 minutes ago, rockphantom said:

In 2018, this is the best way for any production company to release new content!

People get really invested in things that really were of little interest to them prior through Netflix. So it wouldn’t be hard to imagine people getting invested in one of the most infamous tours of all time. Especially if the band and Axl were willing to use much of their documentary footage they had planned. All this content put in the right hands could be something special.

i also think it would allow for some sympathy for the members and mainly Axl who gets most of the hate in the band. You’d also have some short episodes with Axl leaving the stage haha

I would pay for a streaming service, if it would include more than just pro-shot shows of the band...I mean how much shows with almost the same setlist every night can you watch?!?

If they put in the vault with the unreleased songs from all eras, I'm in! I would even pay 40$ a month...but that could mean they would stop releasing cds...

Edited by Propaganda