House of Blues 2001 ***NO LINKS***

"Welcome back" chant pre Patience into the start of the song, shows Axl is genuinely emotional and hearten by the response...He must of missed it.
I think he really did suffer a major emotional break down in the mid 90s when everyone was abandoning ship ...Crisis of confidence. It meant a lot to him

and on one close up, can see a small tear appear in his eye at start of Patience...

• Like 1

I really don't understand why this was a holy grail for many people. We had a decent audio boot of it from right after the show and as far as the band and Axl's vocals go it's so similar to Rio 3 that I don't see the big deal. They didn't even play Madagascar. And it's podgy Rio 3 Axl. Surely it'd be way more awesome just to have audio from the 29th and 31st December 2001 when Axl looked like THIS and he'd got his touring legs and voice back under him through 2002, had trimmed down to Illusions shape, was looking really confident again and they played Madagascar at both shows! AS far as i'm aware there isn't a single bit of audio from either December show, nevermind video. 

wKl4kVD.jpg

Axl2.jpg

Axl3.jpg

• Like 1