House of Blues 2001 ***NO LINKS***

1 hour ago, Italian girl said:

what happened afterwards? :(

He sang in the same way in 2002. 

He made a great come back in 2006 with a mix of 2001 and the 90's. It was awesome.
And in 2010 he made the biggest come-back with almost the same voice as in the 90's. It was glorious.

And since 2016 he does the best he can. I admire this man.

He's a human being giving everything he got when he's in the right mood.

3 minutes ago, D.. said:

He made a great come back in 2006 with a mix of 2001 and the 90's. It was awesome.
And in 2010 he made the biggest come-back with almost the same voice as in the 90's. It was glorious.

And since 2016 he does the best he can. I admire this man.

He's a human being giving everything he got when he's in the right mood.

But in 2016 he blew people out of the water with AcDc

He addressed all these vocal issues in the China Exchange video 

1 minute ago, War2k14 said:

But in 2016 he blew people out of the water with AcDc

He addressed all these vocal issues in the China Exchange video 

Did he? I watched the video but don't remember him talking about that. I may have fallen asleep : p Do you have the exact timecode?

3 minutes ago, D.. said:

Did he? I watched the video but don't remember him talking about that. I may have fallen asleep : p Do you have the exact timecode?

It’s been a while.  But he alluded to people not liking his clean vocals with less rasp but it being his choice.  He also said singing AC/DC takes a lot of practice and technique and if you sing it the wrong way once you won’t be singing it again

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, D.. said:

Nooooo he did not

The 2002 soundboards are completely devoid of rasp. House of Blues had entire songs full of rasp.

I think the problems with Doug Goldstein in 2001-2002 triggered a mid-life crisis for Axl and he gained weight and went into depression again before the 2002 tour.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheSeeker said:

Nooooo he did not

The 2002 soundboards are completely devoid of rasp. House of Blues had entire songs full of rasp.

I think the problems with Doug Goldstein in 2001-2002 triggered a mid-life crisis for Axl and he gained weight and went into depression again before the 2002 tour.

true, but you're still only talking about live performances. the studio might have been a completely different story.

After watching Saskatoon '93 with Slash i was able to see the 01/01/01 Vegas Show and I must say, it was hard to watch. I don't really like the "new band" or the "New vision of Guns N' Roses". Robin Finck is really good but doesn't fit GN'R.. same with Buckethead. I can't really enjoy the band. One thing was emotional strong: Axl Rose.. He was absoluty amazing. His Energy was like in the old days.. hungry & dangerous... only because of Axl Rose i watched the Freak Show for almost 2 hours... Why it's hard to watch? Yea because of the new band and the fact that Slash is not in the band anymore. It was sad.. i can't believe it.. For me GN'R died in 1993... but came back 2016 which is absoluty okay and I'm happy Slash is back in GN'R.. I really love the Vegas 2016 show. Close your eyes: Axl' strong voice and Slash guitar in 2016 !!!.. That sounds so right with Slash, even Axl is in Mickey mode. But the Vegas 2001 Show sounds not right

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Jordan Rose said:

Nonsense. I'm not calling names. He was CLEARLY in MUCH better shape from December 01 through 2002 than he was in january 2001:

axl-rose-rock-in-rio.jpg

That's the same shape, except he's not wearing a jacket to cover his sides/hips. The pose is different, but look other photos from the Rio show, and compare his chest/stomach.. It's the same general shape. It's still not near the Illusion era shape.

Dude still had some of the fire from the "old days" here.  Actually, having been at Hammerstein for all four nights back in '06, I'd say he still had "it", even then.  By the time my wife and I saw them at Roseland in 2012, it was pretty clear that he was going through the motions and had abandoned any hope for his incarnation of G n'R.  This HOB footage was really cool and interesting to see, though, as he was still carrying the arrogance of what he was certain he was going to accomplish back then.

Edited by oneway23

44 minutes ago, oneway23 said:

Dude still had some of the fire from the "old days" here.  Actually, having been at Hammerstein for all four nights back in '06, I'd say he still had "it", even then.  By the time my wife and I saw them at Roseland in 2012, it was pretty clear that he was going through the motions and had abandoned any hope for his incarnation of G n'R.  This HOB footage was really cool and interesting to see, though, as he was still carrying the arrogance of what he was certain he was going to accomplish back then.

So lucky you saw those Hammerstein shows. 

This performance is fantastic.  It’s refreshing to see relative to some of these limpish 2018 shows. So much fire and passion. Arrogance, yes, but I think that was always part of Axl’s appeal. 

I hope these videos stay up and can be consumed by his hardcore fans. We’ve been starved for so long. Dropped hundreds or thousands of dollars on NITL. Let us enjoy this! 🤘🤘🙌🙏

6 hours ago, TheSeeker said:

Nooooo he did not

Around this time the record company decided CD wasn’t ready to mix. Axl thought it was ready, they just spent 10 mil with RTB, it must have been disappointing. 

I think that’s why the tour collapsed. RTB left and they started re-recording with Costanzo until the next release date 2004 which was missed, so Bucket left. 

It's a shame that Axl didn't have the sense to cut up the House of Blues show into videos for television broadcast

I'm 100% sure MTV would have aired the live takes of the new songs in rotation around the time of the 2002 VMA's if Axl had asked them - that would have been good, free advertising for the upcoming album

Edited by TheSeeker