"General Musings" " Thread for all of "Thoughts On" all GnR things in the universe.

On 8/7/2019 at 2:12 AM, DTJ80 said:

In terms of the NILT, what was the best ‘recording’ out there? I remember hearing a bootleg of the 2016 Houston gig where they seemed really ‘on-it’ (particularly RQ) but the quality ain’t that great. The ‘professional’ recordings for the Forum and New York sound great but vocally are not strong.

Were/are there any professional/soundboard 2016 recordings out there?

All the Japanese shows are in A quality.

So todays the 8/8

27 years ago today

In 1992, Guns N’ Roses singer Axl Rose walked off the stage after 55 minutes at a concert in Montreal, complaining of a sore throat. The other band on the bill that night, Metallica, also ended their set early because James Hetfieldwas injured by pyrotechnics.The audience rioted, overturning cars, smashing windows, setting fires and looting stores

https://q95.iheart.com/content/2019-08-07-why-august-8th-matters-in-rock-history/

Edited by vloors
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, vloors said:

So todays the 8/8

27 years ago today

In 1992, Guns N’ Roses singer Axl Rose walked off the stage after 55 minutes at a concert in Montreal, complaining of a sore throat. The other band on the bill that night, Metallica, also ended their set early because James Hetfieldwas injured by pyrotechnics.The audience rioted, overturning cars, smashing windows, setting fires and looting stores

https://q95.iheart.com/content/2019-08-07-why-august-8th-matters-in-rock-history/

We need a riot.

And an album.

• Like 2

On 8/5/2019 at 2:51 PM, cineater said:

Is there a GNR shirt with a small logo in the middle and individual band members, cartoon type, up above it?  I only caught a glimpse of it.  Thought I was looking at a Grateful Dead shirt but then I saw the GNR logo.  Cool shirt but the guy got through the crowd and didn't come back.  Looked like a new shirt but I haven't seen this one in the GNR store.

I have one, got it from Kohl's.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DTJ80 said:

Cheers - didn’t realise that so will check them out. With it being January 2017 there is a chance the vocals maybe ‘on it’.

I was at the 2 Tokyo shows and it was a noticeable step down from 2016 (Toronto was the only show I went to that year).

43 minutes ago, Amir said:

I was at the 2 Tokyo shows and it was a noticeable step down from 2016 (Toronto was the only show I went to that year).

Nightmare. Whilst a step down I would hope still better than the Forum/New York vocals?! 👍

2 hours ago, DTJ80 said:

Cheers - didn’t realise that so will check them out. With it being January 2017 there is a chance the vocals maybe ‘on it’.

I've heard those recordings and remember them being pretty bad, vocally. He sounded pretty rough in Asia, decent in NZ/Australia, then pretty rough at the start of the Euro leg... he was really hit-or-miss in 2017.

11 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I've heard those recordings and remember them being pretty bad, vocally. He sounded pretty rough in Asia, decent in NZ/Australia, then pretty rough at the start of the Euro leg... he was really hit-or-miss in 2017.

Hmm - cheers. Sounds like you have listened to a fair bit! What’s your opinion then on the best sounding recording you have heard? I know 2016 is generally accepted as being the best but just don’t know if any soundboard recordings from then (full shows)?

On 9.8.2019 at 1:29 PM, Azifwekare said:

Hey guys, I found a fanpic of Axl smiling.

This is rare shit... should I trade it for Atlas?

12651120_564191093739679_151153046153490

You should try to trade it for the fact, that axl also looks very skinny on that pic! 😁 

The Fan on this pic is a great guy! I remember, that he posted a cool background story to this picture... 

On 13/08/2019 at 3:33 PM, ZODIAC said:

You should try to trade it for the fact, that axl also looks very skinny on that pic! 😁 

The Fan on this pic is a great guy! I remember, that he posted a cool background story to this picture... 

It really is a great photo, nice to see both of them so happy.

On 14/08/2019 at 12:33 AM, ZODIAC said:

The yellow pants would match the yellow raincoat.

• Haha 1