"General Musings" " Thread for all of "Thoughts On" all GnR things in the universe.

2 hours ago, ChineseDemocracy2004 said:

I've seen a few members compare Paradise City to Zero The Hero by Black Sabbath.

I think a certain Mr Hammett was a fan of that also. You can pretty much hear the Sandman riff in there.

13 hours ago, UsedYourIllusion said:

Are Estranged, or Locomotive examples of progressive Rock? 

Not really. I guess both contain a healthy dose of Prog Rock staples: long ass running time, a lot of guitar solos, and different sections all in one tune, but it's like calling Coma a metal song. I suppose you could, but I would still call it Hard Rock. Gn'R had the ability to use  influences from other genres and sub genres in such a way that always kept it Hard Rock.

Edited by Rovim

"...It's like if My World at the end of Use Your Illusions 2 became the basis for an entire album. Oh wait - it kind of did!!" 

Brian Hiatt throwing CD some shade :lol:. And so shortly after the Duff interview? (j/k) Nah, it's just a passing, offhand quip.

From the current episode of Rolling Stone Music Now The Best Songs of 1999  https://www.radio.net/p/rollingstone  (@ 20:42, start at 19:25 for full context)

1 hour ago, soon said:

"...It's like if My World at the end of Use Your Illusions 2 became the basis for an entire album. Oh wait - it kind of did!!" 

I've never understood that sentiment - CD ended up with hardly any industrial influence compared to what was expected, save for Shackler's and the odd synth here and there.

I was actually kind of disappointed we didn't get an album full of beasts like OMG.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Azifwekare said:

I've never understood that sentiment - CD ended up with hardly any industrial influence compared to what was expected, save for Shackler's and the odd synth here and there.

True. And I never understood calling My World industrial. It sounds like rap to me?

earlier on the podcast they made a comment on how 1999 tunes all seemed to be crappy sounding drum loops with bits of guitar - now that’s a critique of CD that I’ve heard others make. How dated to certain years various aspects of CD is.

but yeah, he was just making a frivolous joke. Iirc Hiatts a fan of CD.

1 hour ago, Azifwekare said:

I was actually kind of disappointed we didn't get an album full of beasts like OMG.

Word? Huh, well you do you :lol:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Edward Nygma said:

That's a huge tour lol! Cool. I believe whenever the next album is released I have feeling the tour that follows the release will be huge tour, I think this fall/2020 could that time. 

I do. Melissas social media has been quiet. If she was working on other artists or have something else going on she woukd be posting about it. Same with frank and fortus. To much quiet shit going on with their social media. Something has to be brewing.

Edited by Sydney Fan
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Sydney Fan said:

I do. Melissas social media has been quiet. If she was working on other artists or have something else going on she woukd be posting about it. Same with frank and fortus. To much quiet shit going on with their social media. Something has to be brewing.

Nobody knew who will play Troubadour till they hit the stage 2016.

Frank and Fortus were called back last minute.

My take, if they plan to change anything - best timing now.

Fortus/Frank/Mel contracts probably expired with the last gig and they are not allowed to go public till told to do so. Remember how many hired hands were quiet till Troubadour.

This is GNR world - place where nothing ever makes sense.

• Like 3

On 7/20/2019 at 9:39 AM, Gibson_Guy87 said:

Anyone else wanna hear Slash play The Blues? I know we said that about TIL but I think The Blues is right up his alley

I don't care to ear any Chinese Democracy but anything would be better than TIL and Better... The Blues could actually sound like Guns N' Roses...

3 minutes ago, Edward Nygma said:

Anybody seen the 'Catcher In The Rye' music video on YouTube? Having trouble finding it. You know the one that got filmed but not officially released. 

Knowing the current state of GNR shit on YouTube, its definitely not there anymore   

• Like 1

On 7/24/2019 at 4:25 AM, J Dog said:

OMG to me is probably the best nu-Guns song. Idk, maybe Better. But whatever Axl was going for, they kinda nailed it on Oh My God.

Funny, was just talking to @ZoSoRose about OMG and how I paid for the End of Days version on iTunes years ago. Now that whole soundtrack is gone off iTunes along with Oh My God :/

But weirdly, it was uploaded to YouTube Music back in December from GNR:

Just removed a couple of posts. Please see @downzy's message in this thread where he says we're closing that discussion for the time being:
http://www.mygnrforum.com/topic/222522-unreleased-material-speculation-discussion-no-posting-or-asking-for-links/?page=105

There's 105 pages of discussion there which is more than enough especially considering the fact that it would appear no new information is coming any time soon. I was disappointed to see a couple of users carry the discssion over the this thread but I removed those posts and I'm reminding everyone to see Downzy's message above. Please do not start new threads or carry the discussion over to other threads. If and when there is anything further to discss about the topic, we will re-open it. 

I feel myself and the rest of the staff have done our absolute best regarding all of the extra work that came our way over the past week. As I said, there was 105 pages of discussion so it's not like everyone wasn't afforded the opportunity to have a say while new information was coming in. However, there's just nothing new to speculate on currently so we've closed discussion on here for now. 

• Like 1