New GN'R Release Coming In 2019? **RUMOR THREAD**

3 minutes ago, jettesnel said:

But didnt Duff talk about the song back in 1996? The movie was released back in early 1997, Robin joined after that. It wouldnt make any sense of Calling the song "Jackie Chan" if it was made after the plan of releasing a song for the Movie were scrapped. 

Robin joined in Jan 97.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Fashionista said:

Both songs have Jimmy Miller on drums, no Charlie.

No Charlie here as well. Kenny Jones.

Jimmy Miller again here.

There are probably numerous further examples though it doesn't really contradict my point, which is that Charlie Watts is an essential component around which the dynamics of the band are built, people like Jimmy Miller have to enter that equation doing a Charlie or an approximation thereof, he is the making of that band really, when I think about it more the reason why The Stones are the best English replication of American music (or rather THAT American music) is due to Charlie Watts in no small part.  The reason The Stones swing where a lot of the British Invasion didn't or couldn't is a lot to do with Charlie Watts.  Thanks for the info though, any Stones info is welcome here.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, dalsh327 said:

Burning question: will Slash and Paul Tobias be in the same room? 

Yes. Axl is playing the long game here. The band is gonna break up again, wait 20 more years, and do Not in This Lifetime II in 2039. They're not done here yet! 

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

I saw her with Alice Cooper and she was pretty awesome. Much better than the Nita chick he has now. 

Omg finally someone agrees with me on that. I’m a huge Cooper fan (seen him over 40 times) and Nita has to be the most overrated guitarist he’s ever had in his solo band in a long time

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dalsh327 said:

Burning question: will Slash and Paul Tobias be in the same room? 

Lol I am just imagining Axl bringing Slash to the studio and going like "hey man by the way, I have another surprise for you" and you have Paul Tobias slowly turning his chair around Dr. Evil-style towards Slash :lol:

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, History2010 said:

I remember reading that Bumblefoot reccomended a Brazilian guitar player as his replacement when he left. 

Maybe it was BBF being kind instead being obscene when he left and still being tongue and cheek

Telling Axl to go get a Brazilian....

4 hours ago, History2010 said:

I remember reading that Bumblefoot reccomended a Brazilian guitar player as his replacement when he left. 

This is actually true. His name is Marcelo Barbosa and he is a virtuoso that used to be famous for his clinics and now is in Angra, filling for Kiko Loureiro who left to join Megadeth. 

He actually got a invitation to go to LA as he was a BBF recomendation, he wouldnt even do an audition as far as I know, but then the reunion took place. 

The guy is what it is, a virtuoso, a extremely skilled guitar player but as BBF a bad fit. 

On 1/5/2019 at 11:07 PM, Bitchisback said:

I likes BBF.  It was cool how in his solo spot back in the day he would play don't cry.  Axl finally got the hint that they should add it and more Illusion songs to the set.  I really loved his Don't Cry solo spot when the crowd would sing along.

From all of the fan interactions described here over the years, I have a hard time understanding why anyone would have a bad thing to say about BBF as a person. The guy went on stage every night and played through serious back problems. Plus, he leaked a bunch of music for us all to enjoy (allegedly :headbang:)!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Azifwekare said:

I see a pattern here...

1999 - Oh My God released on End Of Days

2008 - Chinese Democracy album released

2019 - Rock The Rock released on Looney Tunes

2028 - New album confirmed!

2028❓ then a little patience...:sleeper:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DTV88 said:

From all of the fan interactions described here over the years, I have a hard time understanding why anyone would have a bad thing to say about BBF as a person. The guy went on stage every night and played through serious back problems. Plus, he leaked a bunch of music for us all to enjoy (allegedly :headbang:)!

I've never thought Bumble nor DJ were a good fit for GN'R, but by all accounts they're genuinely good guys who always cared about the fanbase.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, DTV88 said:

I have no doubt they're all great people, I just dont think they fit GNR, specially Bbf. 

• Like 2