betterman

[RUMOR] Next album coming early 2020 (GNRCentral as source)

10 minutes ago, Amir said:

citogenesis.png

Yeah this is exactly what happened, in this case. :lol:

like I said, tho, we heard about the EP thing first from planetrock uk, long before alt nation wrote a bullshit puff piece on it. So there may still be some truth to it. We’ll see, I guess.

Some rumors going around about the tracklisting of the EP being Quick Song (re-recorded), Atlas shrugged (re-redorded), t-Rex cover, Shadow of your love and one or two live tracks

7 minutes ago, betterman said:

Some rumors going around about the tracklisting of the EP being Quick Song (re-recorded), Atlas shrugged (re-redorded), t-Rex cover, Shadow of your love and one or two live tracks

A new recording of Shadow? Or the Locked and Loaded version from last year?

also, where did you hear this? The discord? And why would the band be trying to stop the current potential leaks if only two of the songs from the storage locker discs are effected?

Edited by rocknroll41

11 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

A new recording of Shadow? Or the Locked and Loaded version from last year?

also, where did you hear this? The discord? And why would the band be trying to stop the current potential leaks if only two of the songs from the storage locker discs are effected?

SOYL - dont know

I heard about a NITL blu-ray last year with to bonus studio tracks (one was Atlas shrugged) and some live tracks, but I have heard from people in other forums/Discords that Quick song will be the other new studio track. The T-rex song I think was confirmed sometime last year that they had recorded. 

Only two of the locker tracks now, but certainly Axl will work with more of the tracks for later full album(s)

1 minute ago, betterman said:

SOYL - dont know

I heard about a NITL blu-ray last year with to bonus studio tracks (one was Atlas shrugged) and some live tracks, but I have heard from people in other forums/Discords that Quick song will be the other new studio track. The T-rex song I think was confirmed sometime last year that they had recorded. 

Only two of the locker tracks now, but certainly Axl will work with more of the tracks for later full album(s)

Ha! Full albums! :lol:

EDIT: in all seriousness, I appreciate the clarification. Are we sure the T-Rex cover was confirmed tho? I kinda remember someone coming out and saying it was all a misunderstanding. I could be wrong tho.

Edited by rocknroll41

The most frustrating thing is that everything takes sooo F#`n long time..

The EP should drop along with the new tour dates, but I guess that they will not meet the deadline (again), (if they have a deadline...)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, betterman said:

The most frustrating thing is that everything takes sooo F#`n long time..

The EP should drop along with the new tour dates, but I guess that they will not meet the deadline (again), (if they have a deadline...)

Yeah. Plus, while I’m excited that the possibility of new music soon is starting to seem more real, it’s kinda funny that it’s looking like it’ll just be a song that was already done and ready for Chinese Democracy (just cut at the last minute due to timing constraints), a song that they apparently have like twenty different takes of (so one of them is bound to be good enough, I guess), a song we already had a studio version of just last year, and then a bunch of covers and/or live cuts...

Don’t get me wrong; I still want it, and I hope it happens, cause at least it’s SOMETHING. I’ll still buy it, for sure... it’d just be nice if it could also include just a LITTLE something more. Thyme! Seven!... Something!

Edited by rocknroll41

2 hours ago, betterman said:

That sounds fucking terrible. Who wants live tracks, another SOYL and a Rex cover? Nobody... Though i suppose beggars can't be choosers...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, rocknroll41 said:

Ha! Full albums! :lol:

EDIT: in all seriousness, I appreciate the clarification. Are we sure the T-Rex cover was confirmed tho? I kinda remember someone coming out and saying it was all a misunderstanding. I could be wrong tho.

There was a rumour that GNR had recorded Children of the Revolution for a tribute album, but the producer said while they didn't feature on his album, he did hear that Axl had recorded it elsewhere.

2 hours ago, betterman said:

I'm sure it's a load of shit, but if it is true, they may as well stick Hard School on there as well, as long as it doesn't replace any of the other previously unheard tracks.

Why are you guys so optimistic? I don't see anything pointing to a "real possibility", just the same old.

Guess the leaks have warmed the hopes of some fans.

• Like 1

That rumoured ep does not float my boat... but I’d take it. Although children of the revolution cracks me up as a possibility.

id much prefer the original recordings of CD era stuff, personally. But again, I’ll take re-recorded gladly.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, betterman said:

Source? 

4 hours ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

There was a rumour that GNR had recorded Children of the Revolution for a tribute album, but the producer said while they didn't feature on his album, he did hear that Axl had recorded it elsewhere.

Separate from GnR tho, right? I specifically remember him also saying that.

2 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Separate from GnR tho, right? I specifically remember him also saying that.

They are not on the record. In fact Children Of The Revolution is done by Kesha with a live orchestra that features Wayne Kramer and LA’s Jack Shit band that has members of Elvis C and Jackson B’s bands.

There is a rumour that Axl Rose recorded that song for a different Bolan project without Guns N’ Roses, but again, it is not ours.

^^ producer Wilner.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Source? 

The source, like all of these rumors, is this forum lol. 

This was discussed a year ago or so. The information came out about Kesha actually doing the song, not GNR. @Liodug up and posted the only real accurate statement we've seen.

Other than that, it's just people dusting off old rumors that started here, then trying to pass it off as "new information". 

• Thanks 1

I really hope the EP rumour isn’t true at all. If it were true then that’s not something that sounds great IMO. Also if the tracks rumoured to be on the EP were true then that’s something that could’ve and should’ve been released at least over a year ago. 

I’ve read rumours on here since 2017 that Slash had recorded a solo for Atlas Shrugged so that’s not new news.  SOYL is a 30 year old song that should’ve been on Lies and if they were going to put live songs on it then you would think they would use 2016 performances. As for Quick song and a T. rex cover I’m sure it wouldn’t take long to record them (well Slash and Duff anyway) especially if there were already lyrics/ vocals already there for Quick Song. IMO there’s no reason why that couldn’t have all been done for last year to tidy us over for a full album maybe next year. Hopefully rumours is all it is. 

Edited by Gold top 78

That EP would be a (another)  disappointment. No real new song to give us an idea what the current line up is capable of.

And another fucking cover?! XD

Hope this isn't true.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

Ppretentious drivel

Who gives a Fuck about any of that. We want new music because its out favorite band

You apparently have no understanding of what the word pretentious actually means buddy.  That prior post in no way, shape or form meets the definition of pretentious.

All reasonable points and just one persons opinion.....unsure why the need to respond in such a rude  (and ignorant) manner.

Just now, Slave to the Dave said:

You apparently have no understanding of what the word pretentious actually means buddy.  That prior post in no way, shape or form meets the definition of pretentious.

All reasonable points and just one persons opinion.....unsure why the need to respond in such a rude  (and ignorant) manner.

Lol

NGL this "EP" being discussed sounds like absolute shit .... We've been waiting 11 years for something new .... 2 20 year old songs 1 30 year old song 1 cover of an even older song and 2 live performances of AFD? GIVE ME A BREAK - If Axl can't figure out how to release a full-length album with two of his original bandmates back then just hang up the coat & spare us any more agony 

• Like 2