betterman

[RUMOR] Next album coming early 2020 (GNRCentral as source)

27 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

If I recall correctly Axl allowed the Stay of Execution trademark to expire, right? So I’m pretty sure that means the rumor about him still using that as the next album title is probably BS (unless he only decides very recently to resurrect that title, I guess).

Didn't know it had expired, your probably right then the name is probably BS

On 9/12/2019 at 9:23 PM, Rockytop said:

I wish they could get Izzy back in the fold...at least to help write new music.

I know that's probably not going to happen.

Theoretically, he be involved with the album, but not tour with band, which he doesn't like to do. 

Has there been any news/rumors at all about Izzy? 

And then Perhaps leaks and we realize we don't need Izzy anymore :shrugs:

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 3

22 hours ago, Shacklermyrye said:

Didn't know it had expired, your probably right then the name is probably BS

A trademark expires by default if it isn't used. You can't renew a trademark if you don't actively use it. 

8 minutes ago, Coma16 said:

So who else thinks Atlas, HS, Perhaps, and SOG will be on the (rumored) upcoming EP?

Can't see Slash and Duff doing SoG

They’d be insane not to use Hardschool, Atlas, and Perhaps.

SoG needs some serious re-working in order to be useable, but the potential is there.

• Like 1

On 9/14/2019 at 5:12 PM, Pskihq92 said:

Can't see Slash and Duff doing SoG

I can. Can't see why not.

(And Duff even liked My World)

• Like 1

I think any chance a new Guns album had will be ruined by these leaks. Axl already hates the music industry, and now his other big hidden guns are out there.

3 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

I think any chance a new Guns album had will be ruined by these leaks. Axl already hates the music industry, and now his other big hidden guns are out there.

I don't agree lots of leaks came out before CD.

My preferred track listing so far is:

Oh My God
State of Grace
Perhaps
Going Down
Hard School
As it Began
Atlas Shrugged

I was thinking about Prince's music just last week. The Vault  Who knows what is in there and completed, not completed, and just  parrts of different instruments.  He had no heirs of his own. He left  no wills, no trusts, nothing. His sister, her kids, her husband and his kids really own most of it all. To put it nicely, they are not the smartest, lol.  Greedy, yes. At least TB  and their kids are really family to Axl and are smart.                                                             Wait  .   I am going someplace with this. Axl should just release whatever music he has.  Completed songs or not, he should just put it out there. Call it Leaks and Bootlegs.Outakes or something. His music was probably written with Dizzy and other people.  It is not about money or legacy of music. He has that. How much is enough? Then he, Slash, Duff can start new music just by themselevs.  Current music for their age and stage in life. 

Edited by Amaya
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Nah. Most people don't give a shit about these leaks, especially since Slash and Duff aren't on them. Even then, most of these songs will probably be very different in their current forms.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

It's been 11 years since CD and 20 since these songs were originally recorded. Whether it's a series of leaks, an offhand comment by a producer, a member leaving, a member joining, the record company being too reticent, the record company being too pushy, a psychic saying the stars are not aligned, a Mayan prophecy announcing low sales and who knows what else, SOMETHING seems to ruin time and time again an eternally impending release. Whatever. If anything was prevented by these leaks is probably us going to our graves without hearing a batch of GnR songs that we had never heard before.

If the new storage locker songs haven’t been worked on since 2000 (Bumblefoot noodling doesn’t count), then I’m starting to see why CD2 never happened, and probably never will.

dont get me wrong, these are all awesome to listen to, but they all sound like sketches so far. Not full songs... Hardschool is close... Atlas and Perhaps are even closer... But something is just MISSING there!

Edited by rocknroll41
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

If the new storage locker songs haven’t been worked on since 2000 (Bumblefoot noodling doesn’t count), then I’m starting to see why CD2 never happened, and probably never will.

dont get me wrong, these are all awesome to listen to, but they all sound like sketches so far. Not full songs.

I mean, Three Dollar Pyramid doesn't even have vocals on these locker CDs and that became a full song with an awesome solo. I'm more optimistic that a lot of these songs will have been fleshed out over the years.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Amir said:

I mean, Three Dollar Pyramid doesn't even have vocals on these locker CDs and that became a full song with an awesome solo. I'm more optimistic that a lot of these songs will have been fleshed out over the years.

That’s a good point. Maybe I’m being too pessimistic. If they did manage to pull together final versions of everything we’ve heard in the last month then I’ll be first in line to buy it, that’s for sure.

• GNFNR 3

They had at least 8 years to finish those songs. They could have finish it all those demos and would still have time to write at least three other albums untill 2008. 

We're getting only a snapshot of what the band was doing before their first live gig in Vegas. I'm sure there's so much more.

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

2 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

FWIW someone on Reddit is saying that they heard a DJ on the radio the other day say that the new GnR album will be out in June.

Yeah and I will win the lottery and be set for life

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

Yeah and I will win the lottery and be set for life

that what i was going say just like a dj in 2006 said a new gun album will be out in 2006 never happen

On 9/16/2019 at 3:35 AM, Voodoochild said:

They had at least 8 years to finish those songs. They could have finish it all those demos and would still have time to write at least three other albums untill 2008. 

We're getting only a snapshot of what the band was doing before their first live gig in Vegas. I'm sure there's so much more.

sorry to say, but I think that once buckethead left, not a lot of progress was made.

just look at Buckethead contributions in a year he's been there. He was a powerhouse... and considering Axls "farewell to bucket" letter, Buckethead was AWOL from 2003... 

since Axl didnt feel the need to replace him till hammerstein in 2006... means the work was probably focused on things they already had in store.

when BBF came on board, he was probably signed up only to touch up on old songs... and he seems to have to low of an ego to push for a change (and to be frank, I wasnt that into him so Im a bit biased). 

when ashba joined the train, something might have started to roll, since he seems ambitious enough to get the ball rolling. 

so we probably have 2-3 years of Buckethead work we dont know about, and 3-4 years of Ashba efforts. 

I think Ashbas would probably suit HIM more than GNR, so I am eager to hear what Bucket still had done. But I'm a bit wary that theres a large treasure throve out there of pre 2008 songs. 

Axl said they have 3 albums worth of material, and we've already heard 2. 1 more album worth of material is out there from the GoldenCD era. 

I think its amazing what they already had in 2001. And I believe that had not Buckethead left, we actually might have had the album in 2004. That probably was a psychological and logistical hurdle that took time to overcome. 

An album of
CD

CITR

Atlas

OMG

Eyes on you

Hard School

TWAT

Perhaps

Silkworms

Madagascar

Blues

Better

Going down

already in 2001 would have put so much pressure of Axls back, and a clean slate to do whatever after that. But I fear, a lot of effort had been put into polishing and retaking. 

(And this is not taking into consideration half of the CD songs and half of the current leaks that could have been an ep or saved for 2nd album) 

Edited by username05

4 hours ago, username05 said:

sorry to say, but I think that once buckethead left, not a lot of progress was made.

just look at Buckethead contributions in a year he's been there. He was a powerhouse... and considering Axls "farewell to bucket" letter, Buckethead was AWOL from 2003... 

since Axl didnt feel the need to replace him till hammerstein in 2006... means the work was probably focused on things they already had in store.

when BBF came on board, he was probably signed up only to touch up on old songs... and he seems to have to low of an ego to push for a change (and to be frank, I wasnt that into him so Im a bit biased). 

when ashba joined the train, something might have started to roll, since he seems ambitious enough to get the ball rolling. 

so we probably have 2-3 years of Buckethead work we dont know about, and 3-4 years of Ashba efforts. 

I think Ashbas would probably suit HIM more than GNR, so I am eager to hear what Bucket still had done. But I'm a bit wary that theres a large treasure throve out there of pre 2008 songs. 

Axl said they have 3 albums worth of material, and we've already heard 2. 1 more album worth of material is out there from the GoldenCD era. 

I think its amazing what they already had in 2001. And I believe that had not Buckethead left, we actually might have had the album in 2004. That probably was a psychological and logistical hurdle that took time to overcome. 

An album of
CD

CITR

Atlas

OMG

Eyes on you

Hard School

TWAT

Perhaps

Silkworms

Madagascar

Blues

Better

Going down

already in 2001 would have put so much pressure of Axls back, and a clean slate to do whatever after that. But I fear, a lot of effort had been put into polishing and retaking. 

(And this is not taking into consideration half of the CD songs and half of the current leaks that could have been an ep or saved for 2nd album) 

I agree, but we dont know. But I dont think the rest of the band spent from 2004 to 2008 without writing anything. Even after that: the band thought there would be a new album in 2011. 

There's some quotes from people involved that they kept coming up with more new songs. Axl said in 2006 that Richard was working in a new song that wasnt even supposed to come out in the 1st album.

But yeah, the most prolific time was from 1998 to at least 2003. Still plenty of time to get more than those tracks in the leaked CDs. 

29 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

I agree, but we dont know. But I dont think the rest of the band spent from 2004 to 2008 without writing anything. Even after that: the band thought there would be a new album in 2011. 

There's some quotes from people involved that they kept coming up with more new songs. Axl said in 2006 that Richard was working in a new song that wasnt even supposed to come out in the 1st album.

But yeah, the most prolific time was from 1998 to at least 2003. Still plenty of time to get more than those tracks in the leaked CDs. 

I don't know. This is what Bumble said in 2011:

"There is enough music for another two albums, but these are all 10 year old recordings from the Chinese Democracy sessions. Those songs are not new songs and this current band, this relevant band that contains me and DJ and Richard and Frank on drums, we have yet to get in a studio together and sit down on the floor with guitars and just start writing. We have not done that. The only music that is going to be coming out at this point that I see from G’N’R is going to be from 10 years ago with players that have been gone for 5 years and maybe alternative mixes of songs."

He seems to imply that nothing was really written after 2001, at least nothing of note, and that certainly nothing had been written since he joined up to that point, as a band. It is possible individual members came up with stuff, etc., but the real bulk of stuff seems to date from those early, productive years, the same stuff that they kept reworking endlessly afterwards. I wouldn't really be surprised if very little was added to the vaults after Bucket left.

Edited by El Nono Pololo
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, El Nono Pololo said:

I don't know. This is what Bumble said in 2011:

"There is enough music for another two albums, but these are all 10 year old recordings from the Chinese Democracy sessions. Those songs are not new songs and this current band, this relevant band that contains me and DJ and Richard and Frank on drums, we have yet to get in a studio together and sit down on the floor with guitars and just start writing. We have not done that. The only music that is going to be coming out at this point that I see from G’N’R is going to be from 10 years ago with players that have been gone for 5 years and maybe alternative mixes of songs."

He seems to imply that nothing was really written after 2001, at least nothing of note, and that certainly nothing had been written since he joined up to that point, as a band. It is possible individual members came up with stuff, etc., but the real bulk of stuff seems to date from those early, productive years, the same stuff that they kept reworking endlessly afterwards. I wouldn't really be surprised if very little was added to the vaults after Bucket left.

Wow, that's really sad.