2018 CD Leaks Discussion Thread **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**

What a great sense of timing for the selection of stuff leaking.  It seems real thought is being put into the order it is being given to us which builds anticipation and excitement.  It is finally fun to be a die had Gnr fan.  Bravo!

I remember back in like 2003 when that very first IRS leak happened, the bad quality Eddie trunk one. 

Those were exciting times, even 2006 with the leaks of better, twat, the blues, etc.   

but maybe now I'm just older and don't give a fuck about a few different drum sounds on shit I heard over 10 years ago lol

bring on the general and atlas or a new album altogether.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Azifwekare said:

I get where you're coming from, but in the end, Duff still got your money, and you missed out on a show. You let him gain while you lost.

I don’t see it that way. Yes, Duff got my money for the ticket (40€) but it would have been a massive and expensive trip to go to Cologne at a very hot day. 

In the end I decided that I am not willing to invest one holiday, a stressful and an expensive travel with additional costs for food and beverage etc for a Duff McKagan show in 2019.  A year ago I would have done so, as well as I have done it with nearly every GNR related show in Germany within the last 25 years.

On Monday, Instead of traveling through the country to hear three GNR songs live, I had a nice holiday with my girlfriend and yes, finally I watched TV at night. I don’t regret it in any way. 

And by no means my decision was caused by some discussion on the internet (like someone above stated). It simply was the result of how my relationship to GNR (and their members) changed within the last years because of how they tread their fans. In other words: Other things going on in my real life are more important to me than a Duff Mckagan show. Hence, I have no problem to skip a Duff McKagan show even if I have already bought a ticket. 

8 minutes ago, default_ said:

Oh well, metadata on the new leaks match the ones on the snippets from yesterday. 

I said it was all part of a big thing and people said I was being a fool cause anyone can add metadata. And there we go! 

I'm one of those doubters. That's my bad G. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dean said:

For what it’s worth, should any official party be reading this thread in a very aggressive state following all of this getting out:

I would happily pay good money for a deluxe box set, or anything similar, if it contained all of this material, ideally as a bonus to a potential new album. Forget the rings, bandanas and misc. tat, this is the sort of thing that would sell and keep the majority of the fan base happy.

Quoted for truth

4 minutes ago, ryanf23 said:

Has it been confirmed what song the lyrics for Blood in the Water came from?

I was under the impression that the lyrics were recorded for that song specifically and the instrumental parts were taken from other songs, but I could be wrong.

5 minutes ago, Jw224 said:

Hardschool sounds less harsh in this new leak than the original? Or is it just a placebo I am experiencing? 

Well It's 320kbps so it should be a lot crisper 

53 minutes ago, SilverMachine said:

I feel really sorry for Axl. He was right. The songs were there and pretty much ready.

I understand why he got Brain, Bumblefoot and Richard to overdub parts to make them part of the team, but I think that's largely been to the detriment of the songs. 

Freese's drums are superb throughout and getting Brain to overlay ended up making things patchwork - there's a band feel to these tracks - a push and pull - that just isn't there on the released versions - its so much more cohesive on these demos.

Getting rid of May's parts was unforgivable. 

Im listening to what has leaked so far.....its a fuckin joke, some of these could have been  singles. The production seems more powerful than on the 08.

Still dont like the first solo in hardschool. 

Fuck you jimmy Lovinne.

Having a listen to prostitute, i prefer slashs outro when they did this live to the original outro that was intended.

Also the piano bit in the blues sounds like the piano part in the top gun movie when goose dies.

Edited by Sydney Fan
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

50% fuck you Jimmy Iovinne, 50% fuck you Bob Ezrin. 

100% it turns out Axl was right the whole time.

Honestly, in my opinion the songs are the same (and I still don't care for them too much). It does prove it was completely unnecessary to keep polising them though. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

50% fuck you Jimmy Iovinne, 50% fuck you Bob Ezrin. 

100% it turns out Axl was right the whole time.

I wouldn’t put it past Iovine/UMG to bring in Ezrin solely to have him say it. He didn’t care how good/completed the songs were. They wanted a Slash involved project as it would have sold. 

Maybe that’s why the project was finally named Chinese Democracy. It was something that sounded like a good idea but won’t happen 

• Like 3

Just now, CoBrA2168 said:

Can someone post a list of what exactly has leaked since yesterday? I realize Hard School leaked over the weekend, and then there was a ~1 min clip of snippets from various songs, but it sounds like a bunch more came out yesterday??

Twat

2 versions of Prostitute

The blues

Chinese democracy

Going down

IRS

Catcher in the Rye

Hardschool

Riad

• Like 1