Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

Steven Adler is EXPENDABLE. What mean Expendable? In the words of John Rambo: It's like when you're invited to a party and you don't show up and it doesn't really matter. Steven was great on Appetite, but the guy is not on the same level as the rest of the band anymore. It's sad and I feel for the guy but he abused himself for 25+ years and it has taken a toll. The poor guy is not ready for prime time any more and it seems like the band feels the same way. 

Izzy Stradlin' on the other hand is not expendable. He's the secret weapon of Guns N' Roses. All efforts must be focused on bringing him back into the band and tossing out Frank and Fortus.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, RONIN said:

Steven Adler is EXPENDABLE. What mean Expendable? In the words of John Rambo: It's like when you're invited to a party and you don't show up and it doesn't really matter. Steven was great on Appetite, but the guy is not on the same level as the rest of the band anymore. It's sad and I feel for the guy but he abused himself for 25+ years and it has taken a toll. The poor guy is not ready for prime time any more and it seems like the band feels the same way. 

Izzy Stradlin' on the other hand is not expendable. He's the secret weapon of Guns N' Roses. All efforts must be focused on bringing him back into the band and tossing out Frank and Fortus.

I agree with you about Adler, think its time to move on as i never thought he would be in band, if anything, a few songs be played at a few gigs (Maybe the L.A Gig) 

Again, Izzy was the same for me, only play a few songs for some gigs. Fortus for me is a much better guitarist and i would only get Izzy involved if they release new music.

19 minutes ago, SSHGUNS said:

I agree with you about Adler, think its time to move on as i never thought he would be in band, if anything, a few songs be played at a few gigs (Maybe the L.A Gig) 

Again, Izzy was the same for me, only play a few songs for some gigs. Fortus for me is a much better guitarist and i would only get Izzy involved if they release new music.

It's about chemistry and feel dude -- Izzy just gels with Slash better than any other guitarist on earth. He's also vital to the band's songwriting.

Fortus may arguably be a better technical guitarist but how good does he work with Duff and Slash? How good are his songwriting skills? 

If we are going by pure skills, Axl already tried that in 1999-2002 by recruiting freese, Buckethead, etc who were all incredible session players -- but as he found out, technical ability doesn't make a band.

Duff,Axl, Slash, and Izzy sitting in a room writing songs will always beat what the '02 band could do. Chemistry can't be denied.

For the record, Buckethead is an epic talent as are Brain and Freese. The rest of nu guns were meh imho.

Edited by RONIN
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, RONIN said:

I couldn't agree more. I can't see how they would go about fitting Steven into the set, not without it causing disruption to the flow, I don't think he's going to be there at all. I can handle that and would really prefer Matt to be brought back than Adler, but he's not even been asked, so Frank it is then. 

Izzy not being there is a huge downer for me, it would kick them into another gear him being there. I hope they sort something out with him soon.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RONIN said:

It's about chemistry and feel dude -- Izzy just gels with Slash better than any other guitarist on earth. He's also vital to the band's songwriting.

Fortus may arguably be a better technical guitarist but how good does he work with Duff and Slash? How good are his songwriting skills? 

If we are going by pure skills, Axl already tried that in 1999-2002 by recruiting freese, Buckethead, etc who were all incredible session players -- but as he found out, technical ability doesn't make a band.

Duff,Axl, Slash, and Izzy sitting in a room writing songs will always beat what the '02 band could do. Chemistry can't be denied.

For the record, Buckethead is an epic talent as are Brain and Freese. The rest of nu guns were meh imho.

I agree with that, its not all about technique and  chemistry has to be right  but Fortus has only played a few gigs with Slash and they also look like a good combo. 

Also other reports suggest that they would unplug izzy amp when they played live, when he came back in 93.  I would love to see him part of the band but think Fortus is the correct guy to have if he is doing nothing with the reunion but i still believe we will see him some gig down the line with this tour. 

On 21/6/2016 at 2:05 PM, Frey said:

Not really. All of these have been around for a long time. 

We need real news damnit. Can't believe the tour is about to start and all we get are boring videos of cables and equipment.

Yes many i had seen before, but there was some i had not, but yes where is the news on the tour?!

10 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

That is just bullshit. That may be true for some but most people that aren't happy with Frank and Fortus is because of the sound. It would be a lot easier to accept  members that weren't part of the classic lineups if the band sounded great. Sadly, they just don't to many...

No sir, not bullshit we want some of the old too, not new people etc. We want to get both

Guns N Roses sounded great in Las Vegas and Mexico!

I have a dream, that one day, we will rock together, dance together, sing together, party together, and Use your illusion 3 will be released, and a world tour that will last 2 years, with guest appearance, like Steven, Izzy, Gilby, Matt, Sebastian Bach etc!

hyyy.jpg

ddwwwww.jpg

uuu.jpg

Edited by lassie
  • Like 3

45 minutes ago, lassie said:

I have a dream, that one day, we will rock together, dance together, sing together, party together, and Use your illusion 3 will be released, and a world tour that will last 2 years, with guest appearance, like Steven, Izzy, Gilby, Matt, Sebastian Bach etc!

hyyy.jpg

ddwwwww.jpg

now thats a stage...!! not what we got here on Not In this lifetime... you see how it is long and wide and reaches out to the furthest person in the crowd? that's what i want!!

Great post by the way!! you truly evoked the UYI tour emotions by writing that accompanied by these two awesome pictures!!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Black Sabbath said:

Damn can people wait for the first show to happen before bitching about the stage looks and presentation

This.

Plus those pics of the UYI stage look like the same thing we're getting now except we're getting WAY better screens. Only thing missing is the giant UYI banners on either side, which I can totally live without seeing as we're getting much bigger & better screens.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

I just hope they change up the videos/lights and effects from the last 6 shows. 99% of the shit was pretty damn cheesy looking...

That's definitely a fair point. Plain Guns logo with shots of the band would suffice.

I just can't believe people are bitching about the size of the stage. Don't like Frank or Fortus? Melissa too much? Fair enough. But I mean, the stage not being big enough? It's not about the size of the boat...

Seriously they are pushing 55. You won't be seeing them jumping off ramps and  sprinting from one end of the stage to another lol

good point about the stupid effects. They zero no purpose and are actually quite distracting. Lights are enough. Good idea show the different logos and a few classic pictures. We don't need shots from someone flying through the clouds or drag racing!

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

This.

Plus those pics of the UYI stage look like the same thing we're getting now except we're getting WAY better screens. Only thing missing is the giant UYI banners on either side, which I can totally live without seeing as we're getting much bigger & better screens.

I think it would be awesome if on the inside portion of the stage they had all the Guns N Roses album banners hanging kinda like they did in 06 with the Chinese stuff. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, scooby845 said:

now thats a stage...!! not what we got here on Not In this lifetime... you see how it is long and wide and reaches out to the furthest person in the crowd? that's what i want!!

Great post by the way!! you truly evoked the UYI tour emotions by writing that accompanied by these two awesome pictures!!

Thanks mate :-) Love the UYI tour, and those big banners, have always loved them too. They were special