Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

Those larger types of hollow bodies are part of the Izzy sound.  Fortus used them often in NuGuns and at start of NITL he mentioned how its now become an even bigger part of his sound with the new lineup.  He also stated using it for a lead role on Wichita Lineman.  In back ground we see to other 'classic Izzy' role guitars.  

This could only mean one thing....

.... Richard Fortus is recording a solo album in the type/sound of early Guns.  John Corabi on vocals. 

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Sosso said:

How high are the chances that they will release a EP with new material before the summer tour?

Let's believe in any new music until one is released. :lol:
Anyway @Sosso I know you love Robin and Buckethead, but what do you think of DJ Ashba? I've been meaning to ask you that :lol:

to keep it in the topic in this thread, I think Richard and Slash could be sharing music to each other. Who knows if it's for GN'R or maybe Slash has finally scored Richard for the Conspirators. :lol:

Edited by GoForJMark
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, GoForJMark said:

Let's believe in any new music until one is released. :lol:
Anyway @Sosso I know you love Robin and Buckethead, but what do you think of DJ Ashba? I've been meaning to ask you that :lol:

He was very friendly to the fans, but good PR is not enough to be a guitarist for GN'R. I liked him better in SIXX:AM. 

His entry was also one of the reasons why I slightly lost interest in the band. He was also one of the reasons why I realized that the mysterious side of the CD era was finally over.

Edited by Sosso
  • Like 3

On 14/01/2018 at 3:29 PM, 6lake sa66ath said:

“Tracking” on what though?

GN'R.

Richard has been in the band for 16 years. It is said his studio contributions are massive.

The album "Chinese Democracy" was mostly already written before he joined. 

But his contributions has been massive on studio for every post-Chinese Democracy material.

He most certainely has written more than Izzy ever did in Guns N' Roses. And with much, much more lead parts, solos and riffs.