Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

54 minutes ago, Silent Jay said:

Duff said last year he was taking bass lessons too. Now he can play more smoothly with his thumb.

Thumbs? :P That's a very unusual method, I look forward to seeing this in practice :D 

7 hours ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

It says a lot when the current drummer of one of the biggest bands of all time decides (or was told) to take drum lessons.

All musicians are in a constant state of learning, no matter if they are considered the world's best at their instrument, or are jamming in their bedrooms to records.  I told think anyone "told" him to get lessons, all musicians like getting different perspectives from respected people in their craft

On ‎1‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 10:33 AM, AxlRoseCDII said:

It says a lot when the current drummer of one of the biggest bands of all time decides (or was told) to take drum lessons.

My brother is a drummer and still takes drum lessons to learn different drum teqniques. There are tons of things to keep learning. I commend Frank for doing this.

If doctors and dentist can continue to learn new things for their patients, then musicians can always learn new things too.

• Like 3

Ayn Rand is a Libertarian writer.  She's often dismissed out right by Liberals.  And theres good reason for this.  I've often been shamed by others for enjoying a complicated form of almost relating to some of what she puts forward.    *cowers preemptively*

My first book of hers was What Art Is.  I agree with her definition of art.  So from there I had a more giving interest in her thoughts.  Much of which repel me.  But that said, I can see how Axl, a Dem sympathizer, could still see something of himself in Atlas Shrugged.  

Once, in line at grocery check out, I witnessed an affluent male (almost certainly a Liberal Prof) shaming a teenage checkout clerk for been named after one of the characters.  So I'm happy to not be strictly in line with that type of asshole.

Blah blah blah: that was funny of Fortus!

Edited by soon