Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

39 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

He gives vague answers like that Bc he honestly doesn’t know how he’s going to feel in 6 months or a year. He could give us updates everyday but he’s never been like that. He’s always going to straddle that line. I‎t makes I‎t easier to say he never actually promised anything. 

I’d love an update or something regarding music but we all know Axl’s a strange guy by normal standards...absolutely no way of telling how his mind clicks or why he doesn’t do this or that. 

I doubt we get new gnr music in this decade 

How come he doesn't know how he is going to feel when CD is already 10 years old? If he doesn't have motivation now but he might have it later. Then he could say just it.  And if we won't have a new album this dacade somebody should say it. At least with that, Richard is going to keep talking about an album that it won't happen

4 hours ago, Padme said:

Recording with the line up shouldn't be an issue. Now he has Slash and Duff. They could even bring Izzy. If Axl doesn't want to do it, fine. All I'm asking him to do is to explain why.

I don't see what legal problems he could face if he explains that no record companies out there care about his music. And with the huge success the reunion is. Why any record company would not care about a GN'R album? Even if that is the case, these days there are streaming platforms.  To some degree they have been repeating the comedy of the pre CD days. How many times have Richard said they are working on a new album? Axl himself gave answers like definite maybe. And he also he came up with that silly comment, they were looking very serious what to do in that regard. Well then instead of these saying nothing comments. Axl could be a lot more clear on the matter.

I believe that you didn't understand what I wrote..In both points "a" and "b" I was referring to the period between 2010-2014. I´m not sure if in that period the record company was too excited to release new songs from them. And yes, IF this has been the case, there are rather contractual clauses where certain types of statements are not allowed...We have already made similar assumptions in the absence of statements coming from Adler. Remember? About streaming plataforms..It´s not that simple, If they were under contract with the label, they can not simply drop songs on their own.

Anyway, back to the subject...If Axl says he has no interest in releasing new songs, he will be criticized. If he says they has nothing definite yet, he will be criticized. If he says he's only interested in the money billed on the tour, he'll be criticized...The only statement that would satisfy us would be confirmation that there are plans for a new album. Anything that comes out of what we want to hear..the criticisms would come out! There is no escape! As I said before, it would only change the angle of where the criticisms would come from.:lol:

4 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

My spidy sense is telling me that despite everything we'll definitely maybe get to hear some day...perhaps soon...new material - in 2018!

#ICanFeelItInMyLoins #CanYou?

Or maybe 2081?👺

There was a time when people criticize Axl for not being more political.  He even said in response in an interview it wasn't really his thing.  That's changed.  He's in the (political) jungle people and you know what happens when he goes there.

Given that axl just pulled off the 4th biggest tour in the world i don't think he'll care much if some trump supporters are butt hurt. Axl was an obama supporter, he's clearly a democrat therefore he feels like he always felt and he will always speak his mind. If you don't like, dont come to the shows and go support trump, Its a free world out there. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The Real McCoy said:

I saw two shows on the tour, and I’ll certainly go see them again if they come around again. I don’t know the guys personally, and I won’t crucify them for their political beliefs, but I’d be lying if I said it didn’t bother me a bit. 

So its not 'alienating half there fan base and harming business' like you just said then.

2 hours ago, The Real McCoy said:

I saw two shows on the tour, and I’ll certainly go see them again if they come around again. I don’t know the guys personally, and I won’t crucify them for their political beliefs, but I’d be lying if I said it didn’t bother me a bit. 

We’ll have to agree to disagree on that opinion.

:shrugs:

1 minute ago, The Real McCoy said:

Which is what he’s always done. I wouldn’t want nor would I expect Axl to change at this point for anyone. They’ve just never been so vocal about it in the past. GNR was never a politically motivated band.

However, this is why I don’t like nor listen to, say, Pearl Jam or Springsteen. Too politically radical for my tastes.

Maybe it's because Trump is extremely polarizing, even more than the Bush's. When rumors came up about him running for president I thought it's just a cheap joke.

With a lot of his doings and his utterances he provides his opponents with a target. So that might be a reason for some people to commenting his actions when they normaly wouldn't. 

• Like 2

Axl's opinions would mean something if he can translate them into music and action, not a tweet.  Axl's no better than Big Donald if he's just going to be a twitter guy, the two would likely get along just fine :lol:

8 hours ago, Free Bird said:

Maybe it's because Trump is extremely polarizing, even more than the Bush's. When rumors came up about him running for president I thought it's just a cheap joke.

With a lot of his doings and his utterances he provides his opponents with a target. So that might be a reason for some people to commenting his actions when they normaly wouldn't. 

I agree. I didn't like the Trump pinata at all. I don't like the laughing at Trump because he drinks like a toddler. That's all incredibly cheap imo. I don't like the American talkshows where he's been  mocked constantly either, for that same reason.

But at this point I feel Trump is like an annoying spoilt kid trying to test its boundaries until someone can't bear it anymore and stops it. Sometimes too much is too much. I can't fault Axl for that tweet and I don't think it's too political. It's one tweet. (Or well, two.) He's not become a protest singer.

I can understand it would bother Trump supporters. I'm not from the us, but it would bother me if Axl was a Trump supporter tbh.

34 minutes ago, Lio said:

Maybe it's for Classless Act? Didn't they tag it very special recording or something?

Yes, they did.  They also said in one of their livestreams last week that they'd be recording.  What should we make of that?  CA and Slash? :lol:

25 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

Axl's taking the picture. London just stole it and uploaded it. :lol:

I like the way you think. :lol:

5 hours ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

- Axl's taking the picture.

- Sends it directly to Izzy "meme style" "Having fun in the studio!"

- Izzy sends it back to Steven.

- Steven decides to make it public cause feels missin' the train.

Made some edits :P

• Like 1