Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

15 minutes ago, The Matinator said:

The world needs you now more than ever Axl, write a Donald Trump diss track like only you can! I want Civil War meets Get In The Ring!

its not hard to think what the lyrics of any next GNR music will be based on. I think Axl has plenty of inspiration for writing material at the moment!!!!!

10 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I don't get all the "don't talk politics, just make music" stuff here. As if one is preventing him from doing the other. Or if he makes music and does interviews he will be "allowed" to tweet about politics once in a while?

Because politics it's the only thing he is talking about. I wish he could mix politics with other issues fans care about, for example a new album

3 minutes ago, Padme said:

Because politics it's the only thing he is talking about. I wish he could mix politics with other issues fans care about, for example a new album

Yeah, I understand that. But it's his personal twitter account and he can do what he wants with it. And if he "shuts up" it won't change anything, right?

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

4 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Yeah, I understand that. But it's his personal twitter account and he can do what he wants with it. And if he "shuts up" it won't change anything, right?

He can post whatever he wants. And we can also say whatever we want about what he is posting on twitter

My two cents: Apparently, some people keep forgetting that Axl is a human being. He is not just some music machine whose only job here is to please you. He has other life and thoughts outside of GN’R and music in general, right?
In a similar way, people say they’ll have had 6 months to create something – but that’s not real, because you’re counting December as well, and there is no way they immediately started working on something, as they’d only returned home from a 2-year long tour, and one would expect some resting going on there. So 5 months at the most. Why don’t we cut those guys some slack? 
When Axl wants to say something about new music, he will do so. I guess I understand his "silence", because we all remember all the pestering back then a la "when is the new album coming out" etc. (however understandable it may have been). I suppose he wants to avoid anything like that happening again. 
Anyway, if you guys think that they could have written, composed, rehearsed, recorded, mastered, and produced a brand new album during those few rare months off during the tour, you must be living on a different planet. There simply was not enough time. Remember the 3-year Illusions tour? The majority of the material had been written prior to that too, hadn’t it? 
This is not to say that they couldn’t have worked on something – we know they have – but all I expect this year is possibly one or two new tunes to be played live or a NITL dvd released later on, and I’m being very optimistic here. 
Use some context and have a little... Patience, guys. One would presume GN’R fans would have gotten used to it by now. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

It might be childish but why dont we organize a hashtag like #gnrnewalbum and flood fernando's social media with it? Put a little message along it like "We want some news" and maybe we'll get something lol

I shouldnt be expecting anything but after the "2018 will be even greater" thing I got myself hyped again. Fuckin bastards.

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1