The T.V. Show Thread

Georgy Zhukov

On 8/10/2022 at 5:30 AM, EvanG said:

Really? I agree that the later seasons couldn't compete with the first two or three, but that's because it was impossible to top the quality of those first seasons. But even later seasons where very well and intelligently written with fantastic acting from great actors, and nothing soap opera about it in my opinion. But there you go, to each their own, I guess.

The first two seasons were sooooo good.  Loved the last season, the finale was so poetic, I consider it a masterpiece. 

Currently enjoying Candy.  

• Like 1

On 9/4/2022 at 12:57 PM, lame ass security said:

Just caught an SNL rerun with Billie Eilish hosting, she was fantastic.  I really didn't know much about her music but she's an amazing singer.

I agree not really a fan of her music, but she was very funny. Her brother was funny too.  Never would have thought it, but she was good.

The skit where she was twerking with the patient in the bed was so funny.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

PBS had a 3 part special about the US and the Holocaust. I learned about the Holocaust in school and my mom had many Jewish friends in NY, but lots of other things came out that were so wrong.  So many Jewish could have been saved if the US and the world let them come into their countries.  Even big wigs like Ford and Hollywood did business with Hitler and blamed the Jews like he did. it took seeing those camps and what the Nazis did to over 6 million Jews, Catholics and gays and others who the Nazis didn't to realize what hell Hitler put on innocent people. Makes me sick that even Americans believe Hitler blaming the Jews.

And most of all, since the world is still fucked up and we seem to move from one race of people to blame to others, in over 80 years we've learned nothing. Shameful.

22 hours ago, EvanG said:

I don't think they were after Catholics. Hitler was Catholic himself...

Killed anyone that wasn't a German that including Christians and gays.

Hitler wasn't even German he was born in Austria. The whole pure blood German wasn't him.

Saw the last episode last night.  More than 2 million Jews were killed even before the Nazis built those camps. 6 millon were killed in the camps either gassed or burned. The scenes of the real dead was shocking and heartbreaking. Soldiers cried openly by seeing these scenes. After the war movie theatres showed the real footage that the Nazis filmed for any  American (which were many) who never believed this could happen, but it did. My mom and grandma knew a man who was in a camp and had the number on his arm. He owed a laundry in their neighbornhood. He never talked about it nor did anyone ask. There was no need do.

so many survivors say we need to see this and learn it so it could never happen again, but then at the end they showed footage of how so many Jews are still hurt during the years after the war and the attack on the Capital on January 6, men carrying Nazi flags.  How can you admire or want a regime like the one Hitler made. Come on. Do people think it's okay to have this hatred in their heart?

Anyway, ashamed that many in Congress at that time hated the Jews and closed America's borders to keep out the Jews. They have blood on their hands too. The Jewish people have never been the same and I doubt anyone who's not Jewish could understand it.

If we don't become more tolerate we can't call ourselves civilized.

1 hour ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Not quite. If you weren't part of any of the minority groups the Nazis were after, and if you obeyed the rules when the Nazis occupied your country, you didn't have too much to fear.
Of course there are many exceptions, it was a war, but they didn't kill just anyone.

Edited by EvanG

Dude if you were a Jew your faith was sealed no matter what you did. The Nazis killed over 2 million Jews before they went into the camps. So over 8 million or more Jews died by the end of the war.

They were sadistic freaks. Hitler was the biggest freak and he found many just like him. Human beings can be the most horrible things on the planet and unfortunately shit is still happening to people today.

And to make matters worse, South America allowed those Nazi bastards free reign to their countries without any problems. I'm grateful to the Jews who kept after them and got some of the most rotten ones to trial. They still find them for the few that are still alive.

Even the Germans turned a blind eye.  They can never make up for the horrors that happened there. 

And even America and England let this happen until they had no choice but to realize what was really happening in those camps. By then it was too damn late.

On 9/23/2022 at 12:34 PM, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Hitler wasn't even German he was born in Austria. The whole pure blood German wasn't him.

Saw the last episode last night.  More than 2 million Jews were killed even before the Nazis built those camps. 6 millon were killed in the camps either gassed or burned. The scenes of the real dead was shocking and heartbreaking. Soldiers cried openly by seeing these scenes. After the war movie theatres showed the real footage that the Nazis filmed for any  American (which were many) who never believed this could happen, but it did. My mom and grandma knew a man who was in a camp and had the number on his arm. He owed a laundry in their neighbornhood. He never talked about it nor did anyone ask. There was no need do.

so many survivors say we need to see this and learn it so it could never happen again, but then at the end they showed footage of how so many Jews are still hurt during the years after the war and the attack on the Capital on January 6, men carrying Nazi flags.  How can you admire or want a regime like the one Hitler made. Come on. Do people think it's okay to have this hatred in their heart?

Anyway, ashamed that many in Congress at that time hated the Jews and closed America's borders to keep out the Jews. They have blood on their hands too. The Jewish people have never been the same and I doubt anyone who's not Jewish could understand it.

If we don't become more tolerate we can't call ourselves civilized.

I don't think most of the world is civilized. Shit like this is still happening all over the world and still we turn a blind eye to it as long as it doesn't touch us. Very sad.

30 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Dude if you were a Jew your faith was sealed no matter what you did. The Nazis killed over 2 million Jews before they went into the camps. So over 8 million or more Jews died by the end of the war.

Please, ''dude'', spare me your little history lesson. I don't think there's anything you can teach me on this matter. You think I am defending the Nazis? I was merely reacting to the false facts you made in this thread.

Edited by EvanG

22 hours ago, EvanG said:

Please, ''dude'', spare me your little history lesson. I don't think there's anything you can teach me on this matter. You think I am defending the Nazis? I was merely reacting to the false facts you made in this thread.

The Jews had to wear gold stars on their chests. Do you think they could have laid low and hid? Nope.

Check the history. Over 8 million Jews all together were murdered by the Nazis. And the German people knew and didn't do a damn thing.

But also Europe and the US and for that I'm very ashamned. Hating a race of people is just wrong.

3 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

The Jews had to wear gold stars on their chests. Do you think they could have laid low and hid? Nope.

Check the history. Over 8 million Jews all together were murdered by the Nazis. And the German people knew and didn't do a damn thing.

But also Europe and the US and for that I'm very ashamned. Hating a race of people is just wrong.

What does that have to do with the false facts you made? 
You claimed that the Nazis killed everyone who wasn't German. False. That is what I called you out on. Nothing else.
And now you are going on about stuff that everyone already knows.

• 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, marlingrl03 said:

I am still watching the 1st season. Too many shows to watch lol. My brother is a huge Chucky fan and he told me he tried to watch it but they didn't show enough Chucky for his liking!

I know it seems there are tons of new tv shows every night now. Not to mention cable channels and peacock. Not enough hours in the day to watch everything I want to watch. lol

That's odd because I remember Chucky being on his show a lot and so far this season he's back with a vengeance.

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, jimisbatman said:

Thanks for that I'll look into it. Just started Gangs Of London, awesome show 

I just watched the first episode last night, great show! I do feel the cast is dominated by males, but hopefully that changes as the series progresses.

Edited by Coma16
  • Like 1