The T.V. Show Thread

Georgy Zhukov

On 6/29/2021 at 3:49 AM, Oldest Goat said:

Boardwalk Empire

5/5

Nothing beats The Sopranos but this show comes as close as possible. Everyone involved should be proud.

True Detectives

Season 1=5/5 fucking incredible.

On season 2 now. What the fuck happened. Vince Vaughn and Rachel McAdams can't act. Colin Farrell's character was my spirit animal and they just killed him off...

All 3 seasons of True Detective are great. But it’s 1,3,2 for me ranking the seasons. 3 is maybe as good as 1

Started watching a show called Raising Hope. It's a comedy that aired on Fox back in 2010. 

I remember it being popular and friends watching it when it was originally aired but I never got around to watching it. 

I randomly watched the pilot episode the other day and it was WILD but very funny. My wife and I will probably work through it little by little. If it stays funny and interesting, it'll be a nice little series to side track all of the murder investigations my wife always wants to watch. 

5 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Started watching a show called Raising Hope. It's a comedy that aired on Fox back in 2010. 

I remember it being popular and friends watching it when it was originally aired but I never got around to watching it. 

I randomly watched the pilot episode the other day and it was WILD but very funny. My wife and I will probably work through it little by little. If it stays funny and interesting, it'll be a nice little series to side track all of the murder investigations my wife always wants to watch. 

Hmm, murder investigations, very interesting. You better sleep with one eye open bro.😄

• Haha 1

What We Do In The Shadows (2019) it's a vampire comedy. Recommended.

The Good Lord Bird (2020 mini series) - Ethan Hawke is killing it. The rest of the cast is great as well. Historical dramedy.

Edited by Rovim

I've been watching episodes of The Electric Company. It was a show from 71 to 77 that taught us youngins how to read. Used to watch it in school. Educational but was very much like a kid version of Laugh-In. One of Morgan Freeman's first acting gigs as well. Here's the complete collection I own. A soundtrack album, Best of Vol 1 & 2 (box sets) Best Of The Best Of, Greatest Hits & Bits.

HEY YOU GUUUUYYYYSSS!!

7H9PlcD.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, Gunner Gilby said:

My favorite series is Dr Who. Both classic era (63 - 89 plus 96 TV movie) and continuation series (2005 - present).

MacGyver is great too. The original Richard Dean Anderson version.

Blake's 7 is a criminally underrated series too.

Richard Dean Anderson used to be on General Hospital in the 80's.  He then lef to do MacGyver.   

7 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Richard Dean Anderson used to be on General Hospital in the 80's.  He then lef to do MacGyver.   

Lol. Yeah I know he used to be in General Hospital. I think his three best roles were in MacGyver, the Stargate tv shows and Legend (a little known one series western)

Watched "The Walking Dead" preview show. The series begins it's last year next Sunday August 22. Looks to be one crazy season.

The Reapers are the next bad group. According to the producer Angela, this group were bad guys before the walkers, so I'm sure they have no problems killing anyone alive or dead. 

Also there's another group that captured Eugene. Not sure how this group is, but there's supposed to be over 50,000 people in this group, with a woman at the head.

No talk about if Rick will show up before the series ends?

On 8/14/2021 at 7:26 PM, Gunner Gilby said:

Lol. Yeah I know he used to be in General Hospital. I think his three best roles were in MacGyver, the Stargate tv shows and Legend (a little known one series western)

Well, he was a doctor on GH. lol Anyway, I'm not surprised he left GH to do other stuff.  He was very successful after leaving GH, but I tell you any actor will tell you working on the soaps is very hard and I'm sure it helped him go on to better things.

1 hour ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Well, he was a doctor on GH. lol Anyway, I'm not surprised he left GH to do other stuff.  He was very successful after leaving GH, but I tell you any actor will tell you working on the soaps is very hard and I'm sure it helped him go on to better things.

Oh for sure. He was a young actor, it was regular work and a spring board to bigger things.

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, jimisbatman said:

Thanks, always loved the sopranos. Thinking about giving The Wire another spin. 

The Wire is the only show that may be better than The Sopranos overall.

Sad to hear that Michael K Williams died (RIP). He was of course the legendary Omar in The Wire but had a small one episode role in The Sopranos too,

• Like 1