The T.V. Show Thread

Georgy Zhukov

I didn’t know where to put this so it’s going in here. I’m not knowledgeable on Marvel or any of the movies they’ve done over the years, so I have nothing to compare this to. I watched The Incredible Hulk series with Bixby/Ferrigno in my youth and currently rewatching them all. I feel that despite the Hulk outs looking a bit dated among some other minor bit, Bixby’s portrayal of Banner makes it timeless and is some of the best acting I have seen. What’s the general consensus on it among you all that know your stuff? A few debates with a friend who has no fond memory of it at all because there was no nemesis and preferred to bury his head into the comics instead.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Dean said:

I didn’t know where to put this so it’s going in here. I’m not knowledgeable on Marvel or any of the movies they’ve done over the years, so I have nothing to compare this to. I watched The Incredible Hulk series with Bixby/Ferrigno in my youth and currently rewatching them all. I feel that despite the Hulk outs looking a bit dated among some other minor bit, Bixby’s portrayal of Banner makes it timeless and is some of the best acting I have seen. What’s the general consensus on it among you all that know your stuff? A few debates with a friend who has no fond memory of it at all because there was no nemesis and preferred to bury his head into the comics instead.

Loved The Incredible Hulk, as you said Bill Bixby was fantastic. Have you ever seen a short lived series he was in called The Magician?

Edited by lame ass security
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, lame ass security said:

Loved The Incredible Hulk, as you said Bill Bixby was fantastic. Have you ever seen a short lived series he was in called The Magician?

I loved that show too. I actually met Lou Ferrigno at a Horror convention and comic event. He was kind of quiet, but I found out later it was his birthday. I wish I had known, but he was pretty nice. We talked about Bill for a bit. I know someone from Brooklyn who used to work out at the same gym that Lou worked out. lol

I watched some of 60 Minutes with President Obama. He explained how the exchange of power between the old President and the new one should go. He was asked if he thought Trump would do this, he said something like miracles do happen or something like that, but who knows? It would be shameful if Trump doesn't do what every other President has done.

Fear the Walking Dead

Holiday Wars

Supermarket Sweep

The Undoing.

Walking Dead World Beyond

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

I loved that show too. I actually met Lou Ferrigno at a Horror convention and comic event. He was kind of quiet, but I found out later it was his birthday. I wish I had known, but he was pretty nice. We talked about Bill for a bit. I know someone from Brooklyn who used to work out at the same gym that Lou worked out. lol

Lou's also deaf so he probably struggles a little to communicate at times.

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished watching the six episode mini-docu series "How to with John Wilson"

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt10801534/

MV5BYjMxZmFkNzEtZTc3Mi00ZDI4LWJmNTctOTRk

I don't remembering laughing this hard in a long time.

It takes a few episode to get the rhythm and feel for the show.  It's not for everyone.  It's uber dry in its delivery and takes a comedic look at the absurdities of New York from the perspective and accounts of the city's outsiders.  

If you're into something different and like quirky oddball stuff, give this a try.  Strangely the first episode isn't the series strongest.  It's a non-linear so you can watch episodes in whatever order you want, though the last episode has a bit of summary aspect to the entire show.  

19 hours ago, lame ass security said:

Love me some Yukon Cornelius. 😄

I know each character is so unique. My mom watched it as a kid when it just came out and she and I would watch it every year and sing all the songs. Now I do the same thing with my daughter. You never get tired of watching such a cute movie. One of my all time favorite Christmas movies.

• Like 1

Season finale of "Warrior" If you're a fan of Bruce Lee you have to watch this show on Cinemax. it's based on the writings of Bruce that he did back in the 60's. It took all these years for his daughter Shannon to get it on tv. Johnathan Trooper who is the creator of Banshee bought the rights to this and made an amazing tv show out of it.

The lead actor is amazing. He must have watched every Bruce movie and studied and learned his moves. He does them perfectly.

This show is an amazing dedication to Bruce. All the characters/actors are just terrific. Bruce would be proud.

On 12/13/2020 at 4:25 AM, Dean said:

Did any of you watch that Bee Gees documentary last night on HBO?

I watch some of it. My mom loved this group. Saturday Night fever is one of the all time best soundtracks. All those songs were awesome.

Disco was huge in NYC back in the 70's. The music was awesome to dance to! I'm still a rocker at heart, but any music that makes you happy is good! I don't think the Bee Gees should have been put in that only category. These guys were super talented and wrote amazing songs for themselves and others.

• Like 1

ID "Fear thy roommate"

Watched all the new year's shows. I kept switching back and forth.

Cnn's Anderson Cooper and his friend Andy were drunk and so funny.

Loved Joel McKale and Ken Jeong.

On ABC J Lo rocked it as did MGK. Loved the pink suite and guitar.

NYC looked so quiet, but glad for so many first responders who got to be there this year!

Hopefully, next year will be a bigger crowd and a better year for us all.

Watched a "Barnaby Jones" episode the other day. 1979 .  Buddy Ebsen played the lead.  Guest stars, young Sean Penn,Madeline Stowe, Ed Harris.  Like watching those old shows and seeing actors who were unknown at the time.

• Like 1

On 1/6/2021 at 3:14 PM, JONEZY said:

Watched a "Barnaby Jones" episode the other day. 1979 .  Buddy Ebsen played the lead.  Guest stars, young Sean Penn,Madeline Stowe, Ed Harris.  Like watching those old shows and seeing actors who were unknown at the time.

My parents used to watch that show. Buddy Ebsen went from Jed Clampett to a private eye. lol

You know Buddy was the original Tin Man in the Wizard of Oz, but had to drop out because he had a very bad allergic reaction to the paint. He was also a good dancer back in his early days.

28 minutes ago, F*ck Fear said:

I'm currently rewatching 'Breaking Bad'. 

I remember why I loved this show. Just so good.

I'm already half way through season 4 and when it's all done I'll finally watch the Jesse movie.

Breaking bad is one series I can constantly watch over and over again. My biggest complaint about the series is Skyler. What a fucking bitch.

• Like 2