"What Movie Did You Watch?" - 2020 Edition

It's a Wonderful Life (1946)

Homespun Christo-American small town values epitomised. I love it. 

Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1978)

Glorious schlock.

The Invisible Man (2020)

Murder-psychological horror - not your usual Invisible Man offering, operating as a sort of window on domestic abuse/control.

Rogue Trader (1999)

Ewan McGregor film about Nick Leeson, the guy who brought down the venerable Barings Bank in 1995. Decent. 

District 9 (2009)

Alien film that operates as a metaphor for racism and apartheid.

Edited by DieselDaisy
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Glorious schlock.

The Invisible Man (2020)

Murder-psychological horror - not your usual Invisible Man offering, operating as a sort of window on domestic abuse/control.

Rogue Trader (1999)

Ewan McGregor film about Nick Leeson, the guy who brought down the venerable Barings Bank in 1995. Decent. 

District 9 (2009)

I've always loved Invasion Of The Body Snatchers, especially Goldblum and Nimoy. I had never seen District 9 until I caught the last hour or so the other night, I was pretty blown away.

• Like 1

On 12/26/2020 at 2:31 PM, DieselDaisy said:

Two on corrupt America,

All the President's Men (1976)

Wall Street (1987)

Bit of a double bill myself. Been playing boardcgames with the family so watched Clue (1985) and Murder by Death (1976).

On 12/25/2020 at 3:26 PM, DieselDaisy said:

Glorious schlock.

The Invisible Man (2020)

Rogue Trader (1999)

District 9 (2009)

I saw the new Invisible Man.  I thought it was a good updated version of the old movie.

I watched Svengoolie's Valley of the Dragons. Not very good, but I love when Sven talks and tells you about the movie and the actors. And then kerwin comes on. lol

On 12/25/2020 at 9:54 PM, lame ass security said:

I've always loved Invasion Of The Body Snatchers, especially Goldblum and Nimoy. I had never seen District 9 until I caught the last hour or so the other night, I was pretty blown away.

I actually love the original Invasion of the Body snatchers from the 50's. I think since it was the first one, it really freaked me out.

• Like 2

The Lost Boys 2 The Tribe

Before the Fire

21 hours ago, Coma16 said:

The Godfather Part III. It was worse than I remembered....

Not the best, but I did enjoy how the Vatican was in with the Mafia. Not surprised by that since Roman Catholics are all about money.

I was raised Catholic and I know how money hungry they all are. If they don't get the money upfront they wont do you have favors.

Did you see the one they just released? it was supposed to be a little different.

3 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

The Lost Boys 2 The Tribe

Before the Fire

Not the best, but I did enjoy how the Vatican was in with the Mafia. Not surprised by that since Roman Catholics are all about money.

I was raised Catholic and I know how money hungry they all are. If they don't get the money upfront they wont do you have favors.

Did you see the one they just released? it was supposed to be a little different.

It was on my box from a few years ago so pretty sure it isn't a newer version.

Also watched Cop Land last night. Solid film.

Crimes and Misdemeanors a few nights ago. First time viewing it and really enjoyed it.

17 hours ago, Coma16 said:

It was on my box from a few years ago so pretty sure it isn't a newer version.

Also watched Cop Land last night. Solid film.

Crimes and Misdemeanors a few nights ago. First time viewing it and really enjoyed it.

cop land with Sly was awesome.

I watched "The Leech woman" on the Svengoolie show. lol I love him.

I watched some Lifetime movie about a crazy neighbor. Not bad but I was getting so annoyed at that crazy neighbor. lol

"The Monster" unknown actors but a really good movie. The monster was awesome looking.

Basically a movie about a mom and daughter traveling to stay with her dad, but shit happens along the way. It had a slow build, but so worth it.

21 hours ago, metallex78 said:

Watched Wonder Woman 1984, and thought it was a great, fun, no brainer, action film. Came home to read reviews completely ripping it apart saying how bad it is. And the thing is, I can’t disagree, but I still really enjoyed it. 

I think my daughter's dad was taking her to see this movie. She loves Wonder Women.