"What Movie Did You Watch?" - 2020 Edition

On 11/23/2020 at 12:06 PM, JONEZY said:

Gunfight in Abilene, 1967.  Bobby Darin, Leslie Nielsen.

Pretty standard western, odd to see Leslie Nielsen playing a serious role. He was a serious actor before Airplane, Naked Gun stuff.  

Yeah, he was a total straight actor and a damn good one. Then he discovered his comedic side and the rest is history.

On 11/23/2020 at 2:17 AM, Powderfinger said:

I think it’s better,  rare that it happens. I don’t mind the 3rd either, but it’s not in the same league as the first 2. 

Isn't Copolla re-doing the 3rd one?  I think they're all important insofar as the story isn't properly told until Michael dies an old man in that chair. 

• Like 1

Just now, lame ass security said:

Still pissed I don't get that anymore.😄

I know I love this show. Svengoolie is very entertaining and I love all the old horror movies he shows and he tells you such cool stuff about the movies and the actors. My mom loves this show too. She watched all those movies with her brother and dad when she was a kid. Those movies are still fun to watch.

I don't get the El Rey channel anymore which is so stupid since Robert R does all his shows from Austin Texas. You would think the cable channels would have a good relationship with him.

1 minute ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

I know I love this show. Svengoolie is very entertaining and I love all the old horror movies he shows and he tells you such cool stuff about the movies and the actors. My mom loves this show too. She watched all those movies with her brother and dad when she was a kid. Those movies are still fun to watch.

I don't get the El Rey channel anymore which is so stupid since Robert R does all his shows from Austin Texas. You would think the cable channels would have a good relationship with him.

Yeah, I would watch Svengoolie then Star Trek. Yeah, I don't get El Rey anymore either.

Just now, lame ass security said:

Yeah, I would watch Svengoolie then Star Trek. Yeah, I don't get El Rey anymore either.

I hate that we don't get a chance to decide if we want to pay more for certain channels and they just drop the channel without notifying you before hand.

My parents have changed cable companies so many times because of this. Now they're on their last cable company, so they have to stick with this one now. lol

• Like 1

14 hours ago, lame ass security said:

We Bought A Zoo(2011) Matt Damon, Scarlett Johansson.   Man, this movie has heart and it's a true story. Has a great soundtrack too.

Did you ever see " The Zookeeper's wife"? It's about a husband and wife who owned a zoo in Germany during WWII and the Nazi's took over the zoo. My God! I cried so much during that movie. Everytime I learn something new about what those Nazis did during the war it makes me sick. It was a very good movie, but since it was a true story, I cried a lot whenever it had to do with the animals. So sad.

But on the other hand, the wife did help lots of innocent Jews get out of the country.

Never saw "We bought a zoo" though.

I did watch a lifetime movie called "Dear Christmas" It was with Jason Priestly and Melissa Joan Hart. It was a cute Xmas movie and true love. lol  It was a nice family movie. 

23 hours ago, lame ass security said:

My mom was a kid with the first Star Trek. She still loves watching that show, though so many of the actors have died since then. It was ahead of it's time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Did you ever see " The Zookeeper's wife"? It's about a husband and wife who owned a zoo in Germany during WWII and the Nazi's took over the zoo. My God! I cried so much during that movie. Everytime I learn something new about what those Nazis did during the war it makes me sick. It was a very good movie, but since it was a true story, I cried a lot whenever it had to do with the animals. So sad.

But on the other hand, the wife did help lots of innocent Jews get out of the country.

Never saw "We bought a zoo" though.

I did watch a lifetime movie called "Dear Christmas" It was with Jason Priestly and Melissa Joan Hart. It was a cute Xmas movie and true love. lol  It was a nice family movie. 

My mom was a kid with the first Star Trek. She still loves watching that show, though so many of the actors have died since then. It was ahead of it's time.

I haven't seen the movie that you mentioned but it sounds really good.

On 7/21/2020 at 12:17 AM, lame ass security said:

Has anyone seen The Painted Bird? I've just been reading about it and was curious.

I saw The Painted Bird recently. It was brutal in a manner that imo didn't feel entirely justified. There was a lot of animal cruelty as well which I didn't know to expect. The ending was good.

Did you ever end up seeing it and what did you think of it?

• Thanks 1