The "Axl's Voice" Thread - Please Keep All Discussion Here

1 hour ago, tremolo said:

I didn’t say people here knew him here, the language barrier is very hard to break, and he never tried to launch his career outside Latin America and Spain. And despite what you think, he is a true artist who has captivated at least 3 generations with his music. He breathes art, he’s been extremely prolific despite everything he’s been through.

My point of comparison wasn’t there, though, it was about how being old and edgy doesn’t really work, and how only a few ones can pull it off.

I understand you comparison and realise me that you be Argentinian no? Never suspicted this ,i refered that just Southamerican members would know who is Charly Garcia ,plus i find he enough pathetic,Argentinian press and fans forgive he much more that Axl .

2 minutes ago, RONIN said:

Fears of Axl's vocal demise appear to have been premature friends....the redhead is still in the game :axl92:

He is. I mean, it's far from perfect, but I would even so far go on to say that tonight he sounds better than at the start of 2017. If he builds on this he might sound pretty good as the tour goes on

• GNFNR 1

15 minutes ago, Pedrolg said:

He is. I mean, it's far from perfect, but I would even so far go on to say that tonight he sounds better than at the start of 2017. If he builds on this he might sound pretty good as the tour goes on

One thing I've learned being a fan of Axl and GnR - you can't count this guy out. He'll take you to the edge of oblivion and then bring it back from the brink - we've seen it time and again. I still hope they close out this tour at the end of the year though. That voice of his was not made for heavy touring - especially at his age. I can't see GnR becoming road warriors like Metallica - Duff and Slash perhaps, but not Axl.

And another stint of Axl/DC? Vocal cremation imho No way in hell is Axl pulling that off without damage. But then again...Axl has proven to be nothing if not unpredictable. :lol:

Edited by RONIN
  • Like 2

Guys, now that he's sang Shadow of Your Love, do you realize this is the first time since 1993 he's ever done the na-na-na-nah thing anywhere else other than in WTTJ? I mean, je used to do it in Nice Boys, but only in the old days iirc (and even if he did it rarely with NuGuns, he definitely didn't with the Reunion). This is so cool...

52 minutes ago, tremolo said:

No, I’m not from Argentina, but i love it there.

Charly gets his way because he earned that privilege after a long successful career. Axl was acting like a cunt after releasing one album.

This is a surprise, you are of US? How you know CH Garcia❓

2 minutes ago, tremolo said:

I live in Canada, but I’m originally from Chile :)

Oh, is reasonable,i thinked that you are southamerican, because someone outside Argentina, Chile or Uruguay is impossible know he,i think that Soda Stereo was huge in Chile and all Latinamerican ,much more that Charly,call my atenttion the not has many critic as Axl has ,because he sound in his best day worst that Axl in his worst day ,but he have free pass..he sound horrible, thanks for you reply☺

Just listened to some 84/86/87 versions of Shadow and tonally Axl is super close at times. A little rough draft at times given this is 30 years later, but its far closer than I expected it to sound.

IMO vocally that is the best vocal performance side his 2nd ACDC run, he mailed that in pure vocal terms.

1 hour ago, tremolo said:

Back on topic:

I’m glad Axl gave a better performance today, it was a huge improvement from Berlin. I’m not sure what was that all about, but it’s good to see him put the effort. I find that his magnetism really comes out when he is confident and sings with conviction. I wish he was more consistent.

I am thinking it all got to do with him knowing the Berlin show sucked, not only because of him but because of the sound in the stadium. Everybody complained in their official Facebook account, so there is no way they didn't read it or got the messages through someone else and well, sometimes when so many people raise their voices, the companies listen to them, haha.

Also, I learned that he went to soundcheck yesterday, which is odd for Axl! He never goes to soundcheck so often! Clearly, something strike up with him. Hopefully, he doesn't sleep on his laurels and continues to get better at all songs.

P.S.: lol I didn't know you were from Chile, I am from Argentina. Saw GN'R last year at Estadio Monumental :P and oh yeah, Charly rocks!! :headbang:

2 minutes ago, Carne_asaDA said:

If ya'll think Axl's voice is bad now, his early 91 UYI tour voice was horrendous. (Before he switched to the blue mic.) 

I honestly don't like his 90s live voice it was quite bad. Just screeching and way too much rasp. 

1 minute ago, IncitingChaos said:

Axl doesn’t appear to like the melodies on Slither haha 

overall he did decent on Slither especially after the solo, SOYL was pretty good! Could improve the beginning but it was good! 

The rest of the set is like 2017 and I hated 2017 vocals. 

I always like your opinions regarding Axl's vocals and tend to agree with them. I would agree that it was pretty much 2017 level all around, but I think it was more like mid-2017 (if there is such a thing lol). As in, it was stronger than the first few shows of 2017 in general. Perhaps if Axl keeps building on this he can reach something close to 2016, or at least 2016 after NA.

10 minutes ago, Pedrolg said:

I always like your opinions regarding Axl's vocals and tend to agree with them. I would agree that it was pretty much 2017 level all around, but I think it was more like mid-2017 (if there is such a thing lol). As in, it was stronger than the first few shows of 2017 in general. Perhaps if Axl keeps building on this he can reach something close to 2016, or at least 2016 after NA.

Agreed I feel it was a nice building show. I wonder how much of download will be pro shot though