POLL: What version(s) of the AFD reissue will you purchase?

What version(s) of the AFD reissue will you purchase?  

382 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 minutes ago, bjasmund said:

Earlier today, Fernando commented on an IG post there is one special box. It contains a Golden Opportunity. 

Like Willy Wonka's golden tickets? Maybe you get to spend a day in the vault.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Iron MikeyJ said:

I'm going to get the digital downloads of the whole thing for $30. I am also getting the new Appetite vinyl. Mostly because my current Appetite vinyl has been damaged by my 2 year old son. He LITERALLY took a bite out of the outer cover (he had an appetite for it apparently, lol). Just the other day, he snatched it up and ripped the inner sleeve all up... darn kid, lol. The actual record is fine, but case and sleeve are a different story, lol. Its really my fault, its the first one in my record (because i listen to it the most, lol). It not an original one, its one of the reissues from a few years ago. I actually would rather him mess that one up than my gnr lies or some of my old school original pressing vinyls. So I figure now is a good time to replace it.

As I've said in other threads, MP3 is how I will listen to it the most, so as long as I have the actual music, that's good enough for me. I like vinyls for physical copies. CD's serve no purpose for me anymore.

That's a gofundme story right there.

My son ate my copy of AFD <obligatory sad face photo> please gofundme to buy the boxset. 

Seriously, I've read more ridiculous requests on that site! :lol:

54 minutes ago, Iron MikeyJ said:

I already have it, (the first version I had was on cassette from the 80s). Which that's my point, the versions that exist are not very good quality wise. It's the only way we could hear it, so We accepted it. I'm sure the quality on this new one will be MUCH better. 

OK, so you had Whole Lotta Rosie on cassette in the 80s.  But you do know that a lot of us have the actual Live From The Jungle EP, right?  And it's the exact same track that's gonna be on this set?  It's not going to sound any better.  It's going to be exactly the same.

6 hours ago, scooby845 said:

None.

Not because I don't like it, but because I don't wanna pay for 2 CD deluxe edition because you do not get all the B-Sides and unreleased tracks.

Super Deluxe is a bit pricey for me.

Digital may be the way to go then? You get all the tracks.

Since I pay Apple Music every month I will have access to all the material for the 4 cd´s 

anyway I ll love to buy the 1000 USD box set just because of the vinyls, but its impossible for me to pay that much 

I might get the 2 CD version and download the rest of the material digitally

I wish there was like a 30 dollar CD version that included all of the musical material, Steven Wilson does great packages of bands like Jethro Tull with CDs and DVDs and 5.1 mixes and I wish GNR followed that kind of model 

3 hours ago, estrangedtwat said:

OK, so you had Whole Lotta Rosie on cassette in the 80s.  But you do know that a lot of us have the actual Live From The Jungle EP, right?  And it's the exact same track that's gonna be on this set?  It's not going to sound any better.  It's going to be exactly the same.

Maybe, maybe not. I think it'll be remastered. I guess we shall see. 👍

I chose Super Deluxe. I was willing to do $650 but $1000 not so much.

If It goes down a bit I'll get Locked n Loaded. If it stays 1000 I'll go with Super Deluxe. I want the book for sure.

I may also end up with some of it digitally as well. 

15 hours ago, donny said:

2 cd deluxe edition. a remastered AFD plus a second 18 track disc for £15. thats what i call cheap. deffo having one. i will wait until the tracks i have missing from the other discs are on youtube(probably day after release) and just download the ones i like, for free :) 

i'm tempted to buy the 1K box to. no intention in keeping it but i can see a 2-3K value in that broken down and sold in parts. alot of money to be made :) 

You Ebayer motherfucker.... :axl: