POLL: What version(s) of the AFD reissue will you purchase?

What version(s) of the AFD reissue will you purchase?  

382 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I already have AFD. I've heard most of the other stuff and it's not worth listening to anyway. I don't need more knick-knacks and crap cluttering my house. And I definitely don't need to be paying exorbitant prices for it all. I'm too old for this shit at this point. I would have loved it when I was 15, but I couldn't have afforded it then. Now I could afford it if I really wanted it but I don't. 

None. 

• Like 2

I am getting a T shirt.

I will not buy music I have already bought. I couldn't care less about remastered shit.

I would buy the demos(with better audio quality) if they were sold separately, but they didn't do that, so I will pass.

I am not a sucker.

Edited by SWINGTRADER
  • Like 1

On 5/4/2018 at 1:20 PM, dally said:

Super deluxe and the LP. :heart:

That’s where I landed too. Frankly most excited for Axl’s archival photos and the LPs. Picking up everything else in the “Super Deluxe” to be supportive of an official release I guess (more of an Illusions/Chinese guy). 

Edited by AXL_N_DIZZY

Vinyl junkies, you'd probably be able to get an entire set of Guns N' Roses originals, including Live Like A Suicide, for far less than what they are asking for these brickwalled reissues? I know what I'd rather have - indeed I have the original Appetite and wouldn't trade it in for this garbage.  

If all the audio material isn't available in High Res on dowload platforms for a fraction of he price, I probably won't bother. The price is ridiculous, and the 2 CD version has no purpose to me.

Probably just a handful of tracks (Shadow, Heartbreak Hotel, Jumpin Jack Flash, Move to the city, Rosie) via Amazon Music/ itunes.

I'm not convinced the remastered Appetite is gonna sound better, waiting for reviews on that.
I really don't need all the gimmicks and stuff. No trickery! :D

Edited by El Guapo

On 05/05/2018 at 2:44 AM, RussTCB said:

Notta. None. Zip. Zero. Zilch. 

I know you’re annoyed about the vinyl thing Russ, but I’m surprised you’re not buying any of it?

I mean, we’re all pretty big Guns fans here aren’t we? We spend so much time bitching about lack of new releases, that surely even at least getting the remastered CD would be an option?

I’d like to think that if this thing sells well, that they’ll open the doors to more vault stuff, and that’s something I can definitely support. 

3 minutes ago, metallex78 said:

I know you’re annoyed about the vinyl thing Russ, but I’m surprised you’re not buying any of it?

I mean, we’re all pretty big Guns fans here aren’t we? We spend so much time bitching about lack of new releases, that surely even at least getting the remastered CD would be an option?

I’d like to think that if this thing sells well, that they’ll open the doors to more vault stuff, and that’s something I can definitely support. 

I'm not saying this to sound like a hipster, but I honestly couldn't tell you the last time I listed to an actual CD. 

I do all of my music listening in two ways: vinyl and streaming. 

I was prepared to spend $650 (a reasonable and justifiable price) for the Locked & Loaded set, just to get the 12" records. I don't care about the 7" records, but I very much wanted the 12" ones. Probably would've just given away the CDs, trinkets and whatnot from the box and just kept the LPs. 

Instead, they had to make the set WAY overpriced, which puts me on the sidelines. I have a fantastic sounding original pressing of AFD and it doesn't need to be spread out over 2 LPs anyways, unless it was cut at 45rpm which I doubt because it would've been mentioned by now. 

So, since I can't get all the LPs at a reasonable price and I don't need a remaster of just AFD on vinyl, where does that leave me? 

It leaves me with streaming the AFD remaster whenever I happen to listen to the album in the car and playing the demos, etc via streaming occasionally as well. 

In short, the price of Locked & Loaded moved me from being prepared to spend over half a grand to spending $0.

33 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Why would anyone pay to download something when you could just download it for nowt (as they say here) by torrenting the bugger? 

Because some people have morals and feel that is stealing....

Just now, tsinindy said:

Because some people have morals and feel that is stealing....

But you're not getting anything materially tangible in return! Just a bunch of MP3s on your gadget of choice.

If you are not bothered about having no material object for your money I theorise that there wouldn't be much to get morally worked up about, filching the thing. Especially with something like this which is just a bunch of archival demos and not a proper album. 

I've decided to pre-order the super deluxe, but on iTunes, so no booklet or discs or bluray. Just the 51 tracks. I think that's a decent deal for $30 USD. I realized that I dont need anything more than that,  after giving this whole thing a little more thought the other day.