11/08/18 - Jakarta, Indonesia

alfierose

I don't think Axl's voice is gone, it's just that he's been touring almost non-stop since 2016. I know they've had breaks and everything but going from no live performances in 2015 to non-stop touring in 2016/2017 is going to take a toll on anyone's voice. Pile on that he was doing 3+ hour sets, 3 times a week for most of 2017. I'm not defending Axl's obvious lack of preparation, I'm just trying to point out the pressure he's put on his voice over the last 2 years. 

3 hours ago, LikeADog93 said:

Glad I saw them when I did (August 2016). Axl’s voice is terrible and the band looks bored and uninspired. I knew that this incarnation of GNR would eventually run its course and lose its appeal. Only having 3 original members and playing the same setlist for over 2 years straight has gotten old. They’ll only be able to continue if they release new music or get Izzy and Steven back in the band. Unfortunately, neither are likely to happen. 

2016 was a magical year.  Listening to the videos of the Dodger Stadium show I went to, seeing him belt out TIL is a totally different thing than these last couple of shows.  

Part of me wonders if Axl's voice is hard to control naturally?  Like he was amazing in 2010, and then 2011 he totally lost all that power.  By the end of 2014 he was sounding a bit better, and by 2016 he was back to incredible.  And now he is back to being shaky.  Considering how even back in the 90's his voice went through various periods of change I wonder how crazy it must be to sing the way he does for his vocal chords.  It isn't like someone like Eddie Vedder where Eddie uses his natural range and doesn't need to go up high like that which allows him more ease with vocal consistency

• Like 2

I just listened to nightrain and thought it sounded really good.  Heard plenty of rasp and power.  His voice will get better as they do a few more shows, it always does. They do need to stop the endless touring at some point though and release some new music.  

5 hours ago, ChristmasFnatic said:

Dont worry, in a couple of nights, you shall see video of Locomotive I will upload!!!

That said, how can I post pics here from my phone? I will be taking pics from the show and cant see option to upload straight. Videos Ill upload when Im home(esp of Locomotive, Bad Apples, etc).

I hope you get this miracle , then i will shut up:lol::headbang:

These videos are tough to watch. I suppose if I was Indonesian, I’d be be grateful to witness Axl and Slash together. US and Western Europe gets spoiled with amazing tours. 

That said, it hurts to watch your fav band and singer in this condition. Hope something changes soon

TIL leads me to believe Axl has a legit issue. He looks and sounds like he is literally in pain and hurting from singing. I know that's a demanding song but damn. I've never been big on the whole Mickey thing but close your eyes and you hear Mickey Mouse. This is ridiculous. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, ironmt said:

Anyone that was there able to give an update on how the attendance was?

The promotor haven’t say anything, but I’m guessing around 60-70k people. One hour into the show I noticed more people coming in.

Still not fully packed. If all the stadium filled they’re supposed to be 100k+ people

Edited by tifalucis
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, tifalucis said:

4PLeeny.jpg

zY3wvvgh.jpg

It's weird seeing Izzy and Steven's skulls on a shirt that includes NITL dates that neither of them have any part of. It's like the Izzy and Steven skulls are just mere "symbols" now, more than anything. Almost like the band treats the AFD lineup like some sort of "myth," if that makes sense.