"General Musings" " Thread for all of "Thoughts On" all GnR things in the universe.

21 hours ago, BucketEgg said:

happy birthday to axl's cat!

axl hasnt tweeted about it this year. maybe elon's twitter bullshit finally got too much

Oh now I know where that Axl's grumpy face expression in every and each fan photo comes from! Or maybe the cat cought it from him? 

• Haha 2

I’m in my local pub tonight and there’s a YouTube video on the TV which is 1990s greatest hits(it’s a loose phrase).
And I’ve heard sweet child of mine, welcome to the jungle, paradise city, November rain, estranged and don’t cry in just under two hours. 

• Like 2

Four or five times in the past few years when I've mentioned to someone that I'm going to a GNR gig, their response has been something like "Eh, it's not the same without Slash" or "Are they back together?". Anyone else meet people who still don't know about the reunion? This is where the lack of promos like interviews hurt.

Edited by Amir
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Amir said:

Four or five times in the past few years when I've mentioned to someone that I'm going to a GNR gig, their response has been something like "Eh, it's not the same without Slash" or "Are they back together?". Anyone else meet people who still don't know about the reunion? This is where the lack of promos like interviews hurt.

Yes, i met lots of casual people saying "oh they're still around? i havent heard from them in 20 years" or so. 

• GNFNR 1

7 hours ago, Amir said:

Going back a few years now, but it was still two years into the "regrouping"...

At Download in 2018 I was in a queue to buy a T-shirt when I overheard two lads saying they weren't interested in sticking around for Guns N' Roses that night because it wasn't 'the real band', there was 'no Slash' etc. I told them Slash had been back for two years and they were dumbfounded.

On the flip-side, the reaction to Glastonbury this year seems to suggest that most people don't realise (or care) that there was a 20+ year gap with no Slash.

• GNFNR 1

3 hours ago, Amir said:

Why the heck is this rehearsal on setlist.fm??? https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/guns-n-roses/2009/los-angeles-sports-arena-los-angeles-ca-5bbdbf0c.html

No Axl + no audience = not a GNR gig.

Basically a rehearsal with a small audience like it says and probably shouldn't be listed there though its an interesting footnote. 2008-09 is such an interesting and unexplored period with the release of ChiDem, new band members, and Axl disappearing publicly from late summer 2007-December 2009.

It ultimately doesn't matter because they're currently hugely successful but it was a massive missed opportunity that they didn't have full promotion for Chinese Democracy or a tour in late 2008-early 2009.

Edited by mystery
  • GNFNR 1

16 hours ago, Amir said:

Why the heck is this rehearsal on setlist.fm??? https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/guns-n-roses/2009/los-angeles-sports-arena-los-angeles-ca-5bbdbf0c.html

No Axl + no audience = not a GNR gig.

Whoa I never heard of this before. They played every song off of CD too except for Riad

I wonder if anyone sung 

This would be fascinating to see

I love how this Guns N'Roses Fan Website has Sub Forums that reference Guns N'Roses songs  such as Anything Goes, The Jungle, Look At Your Gameboy. 🤭 I love how the reactions themselves are references to Guns N'Roses too, the Dolphin 🐬 being the equivalent of a "I love this post," is the reference to Estranged where Axl jumps off a cruise ship and a Dolphin rescues him and he finds peace, 😀 the 🌹 being a "Thank you," reaction being a reference to Axl Rose, 😀 and the man smiling with a sunglasses and a bandana being another reference to Axl Rose, is an absurd reaction, literally, being the equivalent of a "This post is just plain weird," 🤭 . I love how there are some Emojis that reference some Guns N'Roses Members themselves! 🤭 :axl92:(Young Axl) :axl:(Older Axl)  :slash:(Slash) and :duff:(Duff or Steven)

😀

Most Guns N'Roses Fan Websites don't go all out like this! 😀

On 7/20/2023 at 8:19 AM, Bitchisback said:

Whoa I never heard of this before. They played every song off of CD too except for Riad

I wonder if anyone sung 

I'm getting a 404 on the link. But it's probably the 2009 rehearsal gig, it's shot from one camera so Axl can watch. Ron sings some parts

On 7/20/2023 at 8:19 AM, Bitchisback said:

I wonder if anyone sung 

It's out there somewhere

7 hours ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

What the hell happened to Axl on Locomotive? It wasn’t great in 2019 but sounded way better than 2023. He’s basically mickeying parts he should be able to hit just fine with baritone. It’s really hard to listen to, honestly.

Did you listen to Locomotive performance from Bucharest? IMO, the best so far (2019-2023).

Axl sang the verses with a lower voice, except for the 4th verse for some reason. And it sounded great.

Josh Freese has posted pictures previously of that period which makes me wonder if he ever took any of Axl?

From what's been said of this period, the band members were left on their own a lot of time with Axl only showing up a few times a week a lot of times in the early morning hours.

On 7/22/2023 at 8:50 AM, We love Axl Rose said:

Did you listen to Locomotive performance from Bucharest? IMO, the best so far (2019-2023).

Axl sang the verses with a lower voice, except for the 4th verse for some reason. And it sounded great.

Damn good performance on the verses. I'm glad you recommended it to me haha

• Like 1

Okay so I need help in clearing something up that I believed I had right but maybe I don’t and I think after 20 years as a GNR fan I have the history of the band down from the early days. 

That being said I need to get it clear in my head. The hell house as it was called. The house on north Gardner street where the band were photographed in front of many times, and the really small space next to the alley way seem in some articles I read at the weekend seem to show pictures of both but they can’t be the same place. 

it’s the one thing I am not 100% confident on.