Axl Political Social Media Post Discussion Thread

2 hours ago, Swampfox said:

When you announce that you've made a decision to pick a woman of color months ahead it kind of limits you.  I wonder how it would have gone over if he said I'm picking a white man.  Would that be racist?  If Harris was white I guess she wouldn't have qualified for the job.

if biden didnt mention picking a poc and left to his choice rather than pleasing the DNC, he would have picked yang of butigieg. I reckon biden would have preferred someone young that he could "mould" to a JFK equivalant and transition the presidency over time.

Im surprised romney didnt switch to the DNC,   and  throw his hat in the ring.

Edited by Sydney Fan

10 hours ago, DurhamGirl said:

KKamala Harris has

- Supported LGBT rights

- created an Environment unit to presecute environmental crime

- reduced three strikes to violent crimes only (I think it should be scrapped)

- worked at reduciing gun violence by giving longer sentences when guns are involved (contentious for Americans I know but as a Brit with a fear of guns this pleases me)

- worked at reducing internet sex crrimes, especially when minors involved

- tried to prosecute a police chief for cover up but ruled not enough evidence (for those who think she is pro police whatever they do)

- wants to reform the health service

downside is her stance on soft drugs (my opinion anyway)

Of course one could find stuff that would make for a negative opinion but I, in the UK, dont know enough about her but am well pleased with above

Kamala Haris

called Joe Biden Racist

Put over 2,000 people in jail for non violent pot charges.

Threatened to arrest truant parents

has lied about her policy positions

said she believes Joe Biden’s Accusers

Did not want to free an innocent man from death row until orders by the courts

I can go on and on. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

Close. She was speaking about the women who came forward about Bidens inappropriate and unwanted touching. She and Biden both believe them and Biden has apologized. (Luckily for the fool, everyone needs to social distance, so he wont be put to the test!)

She did not say the same about the more serious accusations facing Biden.

20 minutes ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

Kamala Haris

called Joe Biden Racist

I can go on and on. 

And yet the Trump campaign also called her "radical left". So which one is it? Because it can't be both :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

And yet the Trump campaign also called her "radical left". So which one is it? Because it can't be both :lol:

Well she is. That’s what lying about policy positions is😉

She is also the second most “liberal” senator next to Bernie

44 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

Yes it is doesn’t have to flat out say it. she basically said it because he opposed busing

Lol Snopes

Edited by Gibsonfender2323

15 minutes ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

Well she is. That’s what lying about policy positions is😉

What? "Lying about policy positions" is radical left? :lol:

"Lying about policy positions" is called opportunism.

And calling out someone for lying about being progressive, because some of their track record is far from that, and at the same time labeling them as real "radical leftist" is both opportunistic and nonsensical.

35 minutes ago, Tourettes2400 said:

Context:

While there is some common ground over $100 billion for schools and new funds for virus testing, Democrats also want other emergency funds that Trump rejects, including to shore up the U.S. Postal Service and election security ahead of the November election.

“Democrats have compromised,” Pelosi and Schumer said, noting that they dropped their initial $3 trillion-plus proposal by $1 trillion and expect Trump’s team to raise its $1 trillion offer by a similar amount to $2 trillion. “However, it is clear that the Administration still does not grasp the magnitude of the problems that American families are facing.”

https://www.mercurynews.com/2020/08/12/for-americans-waiting-virus-relief-no-new-aid-in-sight/

1 hour ago, DurhamGirl said:

Excellent tweet from Axl...its not that they dont get it but that they dont care.

I don't know if I care if they care.  :lol:  Before the pandemic things were pretty good.  People had jobs, the stock market was a good place for retirement funds.  All I could say about Washington was, are they doing anything up there?  Seems like all they are doing is trying to get Trump out of office or block his every move.  And god damn it that just makes that man talk more. :lol:  I view Washington, all of them, as more interested in playing politics then any of them having an interest/care in the little guy other than getting his vote.  And they lie their asses off to get it.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

Kamala Haris

called Joe Biden Racist

I can go on and on. 

Someone else posted a video, which proves that she didn't call Biden  a racist. Even Fox News fact checked Trump on that claim: https://thehill.com/homenews/media/511596-foxs-cavuto-fact-checks-trump-camp-claim-that-harris-called-biden-racist-she 

“By the way, the quick clarification I want to get," Cavuto said. "The president seems to be saying that Kamala Harris had called Joe Biden a racist. She never did."

4 hours ago, cineater said:

I don't know if I care if they care.  :lol:  Before the pandemic things were pretty good.  People had jobs, the stock market was a good place for retirement funds.  All I could say about Washington was, are they doing anything up there?  Seems like all they are doing is trying to get Trump out of office or block his every move.  And god damn it that just makes that man talk more. :lol:  I view Washington, all of them, as more interested in playing politics then any of them having an interest/care in the little guy other than getting his vote.  And they lie their asses off to get it.

What Trump did was put the market on steroids for two years by cutting regulation. The United States was officially in a recession in February 2020, which was before the lockdown. Much like 9/11 and the housing bubble, Covid sped up the recession. 

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Draguns said:

What Trump did was put the market on steroids for two years by cutting regulation. The United States was officially in a recession in February 2020, which was before the lockdown. Much like 9/11 and the housing bubble, Covid sped up the recession. 

Interesting commit as I usually hear that we doing well because of what Obama did and Trump was riding on his coattails.  

But I did a fact check.  From the New York Times:  The committee that declares that blames the coronavirus for the recession.  Doesn't blame Trump's policies.  Have to admit I just read the headlines, not the whole story.

WASHINGTON — The United States economy officially entered a recession in February 2020, the committee that calls downturns announced on Monday, bringing the longest expansion on record to an end as the coronavirus pandemic caused economic activity to slow sharply.Jun 8, 2020
Edited by cineater

7 hours ago, cineater said:

Interesting commit as I usually hear that we doing well because of what Obama did and Trump was riding on his coattails.  

But I did a fact check.  From the New York Times:  The committee that declares that blames the coronavirus for the recession.  Doesn't blame Trump's policies.  Have to admit I just read the headlines, not the whole story.

WASHINGTON — The United States economy officially entered a recession in February 2020, the committee that calls downturns announced on Monday, bringing the longest expansion on record to an end as the coronavirus pandemic caused economic activity to slow sharply.Jun 8, 2020

I work at Bloomberg LP. As a result, I'm very aware of the economy and financial markets. This is how I knew that we were in a recession since February.  My opinion is that President Obama set us up with a good economy.  The economy then went into hyper mode as a result of the tax law in 2017 and the cutting of regulations.    

• Like 3

On 13/08/2020 at 6:51 AM, DurhamGirl said:

KKamala Harris has

- Supported LGBT rights

- created an Environment unit to presecute environmental crime

- reduced three strikes to violent crimes only (I think it should be scrapped)

- worked at reduciing gun violence by giving longer sentences when guns are involved (contentious for Americans I know but as a Brit with a fear of guns this pleases me)

- worked at reducing internet sex crrimes, especially when minors involved

- tried to prosecute a police chief for cover up but ruled not enough evidence (for those who think she is pro police whatever they do)

- wants to reform the health service

downside is her stance on soft drugs (my opinion anyway)

Of course one could find stuff that would make for a negative opinion but I, in the UK, dont know enough about her but am well pleased with above

I think Kamala represents a decent VP pick but she comes with huge baggage (as most VP picks do). 

You can look at this pick as an attempt to coax back moderate voters imo, it just happens to have come at a time when Dem voters have record low trust in police and courts.

Best case she acts as a ballast to the centre of the party, worst case she loses voters from the middle and the left.

• Like 2

On 14/08/2020 at 9:29 PM, Draguns said:

I'm not going to argue with you. This is the second time you have made a joke about a person with a disability.  It's clear that you have some type of resentment towards people with disabilities. I just hope you can get past it before karma gets  to you. Everyone will have a disability at some point in her/his lifetime. Keep that in mind. 

You’re on a discussion board following a band that sings songs about taking drugs and promoting treating women like sluts. So remember that while you’re getting all high and mighty. Get a sense of humour dude. It’s not too late... 

Edited by DownUnderScott
  • GNFNR 2

8 hours ago, DownUnderScott said:

You’re on a discussion board following a band that sings songs about taking drugs and promoting treating women like sluts. So remember that while you’re getting all high and mighty. Get a sense of humour dude. It’s not too late... 

I'm  not getting all high and mighty. As someone with  a physical disability, I'm tired of  people judging me and others based on our physical looks. Furthermore,  your response as to having a sense of humor is a typical response. If I speak up then that's the type of response I get. If I don't speak up then others will find it ok  to make fun of people with disabilities and judge. Lastly, I know the band. That doesn't excuse your immature "joke". Rather than respond take the time to listen. I'm done with this. 

• Like 4

On August 16, 2020 at 2:28 PM, Draguns said:

I'm  not getting all high and mighty. As someone with  a physical disability, I'm tired of  people judging me and others based on our physical looks. Furthermore,  your response as to having a sense of humor is a typical response. If I speak up then that's the type of response I get. If I don't speak up then others will find it ok  to make fun of people with disabilities and judge. Lastly, I know the band. That doesn't excuse your immature "joke". Rather than respond take the time to listen. I'm done with this. 

As a physically disabled person myself, I commend you for making us visible and pushing back sometimes. :headbang: Like, sometimes some of us cant even get into buildings that we need to get into in the course of life and responsibilities. Its a daily grind. People dont get it yet. We need to be further centred so that able people can come to understand the issues better.

I had a shocking interaction with a neighbour recently. Someone I like and admire. Im not in a chair, but I dont want to disclose my info so I will use the analogy of a chair. I asked for some advice from them, and their response was essentially, "Well, stand up out of your chair and walk a few km and then climb the steps and ride the exercise bike. That should resolve your issue." Like it was that obviously disconnected from the reality that they were literally looking at as they spoke. I tried to rein them in by tilting my head sideways as a prompt that they went making sense and that had no effect. They saw me make the gesture and then said goodbye, and excused themselves with more encouragement as a parting greeting. Smh. 

Like, this is a good dude. If thats where he's at with this, I think this might take a minute to fix. And you are leading the way with this important work. I salute you. rock3

• Like 4

On 8/13/2020 at 11:22 AM, Gibsonfender2323 said:

Kamala Haris

called Joe Biden Racist

I can go on and on. 

Yeah, she is first grade cunt. However, she is partially black and that is what the DNC has set forth to back Biden. It’s funny the DNC announced months ago it would be a women of color, which they meant partially colored. They would never back a full Black person. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...