The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

Anything from 2016 could have been used, even with Axl in the chair. Again, this falls on the management, because if the reason really was Axl not liking the vids (speculation ofc), then if Nando's choice was different (down to earth), we can reasonably assume the "Selects" would have continued. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GNR_RNR said:

Nah I don't think that's the case. Reception of both selects was broadly positive.

5 hours ago, t-p-d-a said:

Off Topic: In 2016 he was absoluty amazing for his age. Some songs were absoluty great. Sweet Child & YCBM were always meh.. Even in 2017 Paradise City had alot of rasp. This excuse is bull$h!t. My opinion

Maybe they want save 2016 for a NITL live album? If that's the reason why they don't upload NITL Selects from 2016, I'm aboluty fine with this. Just imagine Welcome To The Jungle from 2016 proper mixed. Holy S. I still get goosebumbs from Nightrain live at Coachella.

so back to topic:
So Fernando said New Music is a thing? "Some of the new ones"? I hope it will happen next year... or he thinks that "Think About You" and "Breakdown" are "the new ones" ?

But they didn't choose anything from 2016, what they did upload wasn't very flattering in regards to his voice. Even though a lot of people liked the videos there were still a lot of negative comments regarding Axl.

1 hour ago, allwaystired said:

I'd go with that to be honest. Everyone I've shown them to has just mocked them, sadly, and they went down like a lead balloon here.....but a lot of that was to do with the shows they chose I think. There were far better eamples than those that could have been used. 

1 hour ago, jamillos said:

Anything from 2016 could have been used, even with Axl in the chair. Again, this falls on the management, because if the reason really was Axl not liking the vids (speculation ofc), then if Nando's choice was different (down to earth), we can reasonably assume the "Selects" would have continued. 

I agree. 

3 hours ago, GNR_RNR said:

This is an important fact that people on here tend to forget. 

The money GNR produce from touring and their back catalogue is infinitely bigger than what new music would generate. 

You know I hate to knock them out but they just aren't mainstream or the trend setters anymore.  Experienced musicians with the skills to make great music.  But the age factor works against them.  The stage got an up date, the video's are good but send them to a makeover. :lol:  How old are those clothes and that style?  Older men can be very attractive but they need to update those individual looks if they want to be considered in the group of current contenders.  Be their age but stop dressing like they did in their 20's.

45 minutes ago, cineater said:

You know I hate to knock them out but they just aren't mainstream or the trend setters anymore.  Experienced musicians with the skills to make great music.  But the age factor works against them.  The stage got an up date, the video's are good but send them to a makeover. :lol:  How old are those clothes and that style?  Older men can be very attractive but they need to update those individual looks if they want to be considered in the group of current contenders.  Be their age but stop dressing like they did in their 20's.

Yeah, it's  a bit cringy. I would like to see some changes as well. But that is really their thing, if they live it, more power to them. 

Not sure if it’s been mentioned here on the forum yet, but someone on discord just pointed out that five days ago Axl trademarked his own name (“Axl Rose”) for music, other audio, video, blogs, fashion, etc.

Not that it means anything. Just figured I’d share here, is all. Didn’t know what thread to mention this in, so I figured I’d mention it on this one just in case this ends up relating to new music, of some kind.

Edited by rocknroll41
  • Thanks 2

23 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Not sure if it’s been mentioned here on the forum yet, but someone on discord just pointed out that five days ago Axl trademarked his own name (“Axl Rose”) for music, other audio, video, blogs, fashion, etc.

Not that it means anything. Just figured I’d share here, is all. Didn’t know what thread to mention this in, so I figured I’d mention it on this one just in case this ends up relating to new music, of some kind.

That's a bit unusual, I think, for someone to trademark their own name for their music (it makes more sense for other products). Who knows what it means, if anything. Maybe he intends to start his own record company?

Word Mark AXL ROSE
Goods and Services IC 009. US 021 023 026 036 038. G & S: Audio and video recordings featuring music and musical performances; downloadable audio and visual recordings featuring and promoting music and entertainment; downloadable image files in the fields of music and entertainment; downloadable mobile applications featuring information and content relating to music and entertainment; downloadable musical sound recordings; downloadable musical video recordings; downloadable photographs; downloadable ring tones and graphics for mobile phones and computers
Standard Characters Claimed  
Mark Drawing Code (4) STANDARD CHARACTER MARK
Serial Number 90086827
Filing Date July 31, 2020
Current Basis 1B
Original Filing Basis 1B
Owner (APPLICANT) Rose, W. Axl INDIVIDUAL UNITED STATES 5950 Canoga Avenue, Suite 510 Woodland Hills CALIFORNIA 91367
Attorney of Record Jill M. Pietrini
Type of Mark TRADEMARK
Register PRINCIPAL
Live/Dead Indicator LIVE

Word Mark AXL ROSE
Goods and Services IC 025. US 022 039. G & S: Clothing, namely, bandanas, jackets, jeans, jerseys, loungewear, neckwear, overalls, pants, ponchos, shirts, shorts, sleepwear, socks, sweat bands, sweatpants, sweatshirts, tank tops, t-shirts, undergarments, and vests; and headwear
Serial Number 90086834
Current Basis 1B
Original Filing Basis 1B
Owner (APPLICANT) Rose, W. Axl INDIVIDUAL UNITED STATES 5950 Canoga Avenue, Suite 510 Woodland Hills CALIFORNIA 91367
Type of Mark TRADEMARK
Register PRINCIPAL
Live/Dead Indicator LIVE

Word Mark AXL ROSE
Goods and Services IC 041. US 100 101 107. G & S: Blogs in the fields of music, musicians, films, television programs, and entertainment events; entertainment information; entertainment services in the nature of live musical performances; entertainment services in the nature of providing entertainment information regarding musicians, musical sound recordings, music videos, music and licensed merchandise via a website; entertainment services, namely, providing a website featuring non-downloadable audio and video recordings of performances from music and film festivals; entertainment services, namely, providing non-downloadable music and music videos via the internet; music composition services for others; music publishing services; non-downloadable musical sound recordings; production and distribution of musical audio and video recordings; recording studio services; record production services; song writing services
Serial Number 90086840
Current Basis 1B
Original Filing Basis 1B
Type of Mark SERVICE MARK
Register PRINCIPAL
Live/Dead Indicator LIVE

Edited by Blackstar
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cineater said:

A band in their 50's are not going to be influential on the music scene. Doesn't mean the music can't be well received. Black Ice was a big album for ACDC, but that also went hand in hand with them putting songs in Iron Man 2.

The way GNR could gain the most 'relevance' at this stage of their carrer is by putting out a biopic in a similar vein to 'The Dirt' and by signing off their songs to be used in high profile movies. 

• Like 1

@Blackstar he did say at the China Exchange interview in 2016 that he wished the band would’ve just stuck to forming their own Indy label back in the day, rather than signing to a major label. So you might be right.

Wishful thinking on my part, but it’d be cool if he was planning to buy back the masters to the ChiDem leftovers from UMG so that he could use those for his own solo album instead, while GnR itself just focuses primarily on new music.

In all honesty tho, he’s probably just starting his own clothing label or something, and the music/ other audio/ video parts of the trademark are just him covering all his bases.

• Like 2

Yeah, I came across the trademarks this morning. These three different "classes" (descriptions) that @Blackstar posted are assigned to both "Axl" and "Axl Rose" (so, I guess 6 separate trademarks in total)? I know the value of trademarks and why companies do them, but I'm not sure why Axl himself would. Guns N' Roses, as its own band/brand makes sense obviously, but I don't really understand why an individual within the band would do it for themselves. 

I love Axl, but the idea of Axl Rose branded clothing is really weird to me, lol. 

Edited by GNRfanJen
  • Like 1

Word Mark AXL ROSE
Goods and Services IC 009. US 021 023 026 036 038. G & S: Audio and video recordings featuring music and musical performances; downloadable audio and visual recordings featuring and promoting music and entertainment; downloadable image files in the fields of music and entertainment; downloadable mobile applications featuring information and content relating to music and entertainment; downloadable musical sound recordings; downloadable musical video recordings; downloadable photographs; downloadable ring tones and graphics for mobile phones and computers
Serial Number 90086827
Current Basis 1B
Original Filing Basis 1B
Type of Mark TRADEMARK
Register PRINCIPAL
Live/Dead Indicator LIVE
Word Mark AXL ROSE
Goods and Services IC 025. US 022 039. G & S: Clothing, namely, bandanas, jackets, jeans, jerseys, loungewear, neckwear, overalls, pants, ponchos, shirts, shorts, sleepwear, socks, sweat bands, sweatpants, sweatshirts, tank tops, t-shirts, undergarments, and vests; and headwear
Serial Number 90086834
Current Basis 1B
Original Filing Basis 1B
Type of Mark TRADEMARK
Register PRINCIPAL
Live/Dead Indicator LIVE
Word Mark AXL ROSE
Goods and Services IC 041. US 100 101 107. G & S: Blogs in the fields of music, musicians, films, television programs, and entertainment events; entertainment information; entertainment services in the nature of live musical performances; entertainment services in the nature of providing entertainment information regarding musicians, musical sound recordings, music videos, music and licensed merchandise via a website; entertainment services, namely, providing a website featuring non-downloadable audio and video recordings of performances from music and film festivals; entertainment services, namely, providing non-downloadable music and music videos via the internet; music composition services for others; music publishing services; non-downloadable musical sound recordings; production and distribution of musical audio and video recordings; recording studio services; record production services; song writing services
Serial Number 90086840
Current Basis 1B
Original Filing Basis 1B
Type of Mark SERVICE MARK
Register PRINCIPAL
Live/Dead Indicator LIVE

.....Chinese Democracy vault dump starts now?

default_weed2.gif

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

In all honesty tho, he’s probably just starting his own clothing label or something, and the music/ other audio/ video parts of the trademark are just him covering all his bases.

Yeah. It's interesting, though, that he registered three separate trademarks and the description of one of them alludes to a record label.

16 minutes ago, Blackstar said:
Clothing, namely, bandanas, jackets, jeans, jerseys, loungewear, neckwear, overalls, pants, ponchos, shirts, shorts, sleepwear, socks, sweat bands, sweatpants, sweatshirts, tank tops, t-shirts, undergarments, and vests; and headwear

Oh good grief. Sounds like the floodgates are about to open.....

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, GNRfanJen said:

Yeah, I came across the trademarks this morning. These three different "classes" (descriptions) that @Blackstar posted are assigned to both "Axl" and "Axl Rose." I know what trademarks are and why companies do them, but I'm not sure why Axl himself would. Guns N' Roses, as its own band/brand makes sense obviously, but I don't really understand why an individual within the band would do it for themselves. 

I love Axl, but the idea of Axl Rose branded clothing is really weird to me, lol. 

Well, who doesn't like white biker shorts and yellow raincoats? Could be huge! 

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, GNRfanJen said:

Yeah, I came across the trademarks this morning. These three different "classes" (descriptions) that @Blackstar posted are assigned to both "Axl" and "Axl Rose" (so, I guess 6 separate trademarks in total)? I know the value of trademarks and why companies do them, but I'm not sure why Axl himself would. Guns N' Roses, as its own band/brand makes sense obviously, but I don't really understand why an individual within the band would do it for themselves. 

Other people use their name as a brand for clothing etc., Slash for example, without trademarking it - let alone for the music they release. It's weird that Axl trademarked his own name.

-------

@rocknroll41 maybe there should be a separate thread for this?

Edited by Blackstar

Why are wealthy folk never content with what they have...its almost obscene and cannot make one happy, this constant scrapping around for another million.  One day homo sapiens will change and the world will become a fairer, equitable and kinder place, one can dream.

Edited by DurhamGirl
  • Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

1 minute ago, DurhamGirl said:

Why are wealthy folk never content with what they have...its almost obscene and cannot make one happy, this constant scrapping around for another million.  One day home sapiens will change and the world will become a fairer and kinder place, one can dream.

The change has already been happening, because it's inevitable, and whatever is happening now is not sustainable. The thing is, it doesn't happen over night; nothing of such nature does... 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Other people use their name as a brand for clothing etc., Slash for example, without trademarking it - let alone for the music they release. It's weird that Axl trademarked his own name.

To the best of my knowledge posthumous branded clothing, say Jimi Hendrix, is trademarked? Axl could be just be in the process of updating his will to include where his name will go to? Things like that often get messy, so it would be one way to try and keep everything tidy. I dunno.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, soon said:

To the best of my knowledge posthumous branded clothing, say Jimi Hendrix, is trademarked? Axl could be just be in the process of updating his will to include where his name will go to? Things like that often get messy, so it would be one way to try and keep everything tidy. I dunno.

Yes, this makes sense. I hadn't thought about it.

• Like 1