The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

On 4/29/2021 at 5:55 AM, SoulMonster said:

I think it is weird to refer to people being factual as being "pedantic". We should always strive for accuracy, in my opinion.

My question is, why would you refer to the AFD5 lineup as "original" when you know it wasn't? This deliberate decision to circumvent facts mystifies me. Someone earlier mentioned they did it to troll people, fine. Someone else had this convoluted explanation where they considered Guns N' Roses to be more of a concept than a band, and as such they could say it started with the AFD5 lineup, fine. Why do you do it?

In my opinion the people who constantly point out that the Appetite 5 technically isn't the original lineup are just know it all's who are trying to flex how knowledgeable they are. The other technical original members were in the band for a few months at the most. The original GNR that everyone knows, loves, and recognizes is Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff, and Steven. Plain and simple. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

Kinda hilarious the only single GNR has released since Slash's return (SOYL) was co-written by Tobias, and not Slash (the other SOYL co-writer was Izzy).

You can bet Tobias will be all over a new record also, which I would be incredibly pleased to see. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 19AT5 said:

As in playing on it?

Naa, as a songwriter much like what happened with Shadow. I'd be surprised if any parts from ex band members are kept this time around, but who knows?!

57 minutes ago, Euchre said:

Just to put something in perspective......Jimi Hendrix has managed 3 albums of new studio material in the last 11 years, that all charted Top 10 in the US, ...and he died 50 years ago.

Yep and from 66 to 69 he had released 3 studio albums.

4 hours ago, Kranich said:

Maybe we can try writin the new album here ourselves?  More likely to come into fruition.

All we need is Evader and a couple more horribly quality phone recordings of CD era tunes :P

Funnily enough, a few years ago when I still made music and my friend had a studio so we could record whenever we wanted I thought about making my own Cd2 going from the titles we knew and trying to make my own guns album.

Atlas in my head before the leak actually sounded a little like the real thing weirdly just slower in my head. I had a great idea for Elvis Presley and the Monsters of Soul that would have had lots of thick rhythm guitars with a really fuzzy distorted lead line that was horrible catchy. Like Iron Maiden meets disco and Thyme was gonna be a sort of satanic ballad with big sweeping strings in the chorus.

I was gonna do it in true guns style and have 4 guitarists on each track, sub bass as a Pitman tribute and maybe two drummers playing on each song for no reason. There would be annoyingly long intros to songs that should have been short and fast rockers. And the General would have been 8 minutes, naturally. 

Sadly my friend wasn't a Guns fan and had no interest doing this just for fun

Edited by rumandraisin
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, rumandraisin said:

Funnily enough, a few years ago when I still made music and my friend had a studio so we could record whenever we wanted I thought about making my own Cd2 going from the titles we knew and trying to make my own guns album.

Atlas in my head before the leak actually sounded a little like the real thing weirdly just slower in my head. I had a great idea for Elvis Presley and the Monsters of Soul that would have had lots of thick rhythm guitars with a really fuzzy distorted lead line that was horrible catchy. Like Iron Maiden meets disco and Thyme was gonna be a sort of satanic ballad with big sweeping strings in the chorus.

I was gonna do it in true guns style and have 4 guitarists on each track, sub bass as a Pitman tribute and maybe two drummers playing on each song for no reason. There would be annoyingly long intros to songs that should have been short and fast rockers. And the General would have been 8 minutes, naturally. 

Sadly my friend wasn't a Guns fan and had no interest doing this just for fun

Sounds like a lot of work with little reward, just like what Axl's probably thinking. :D

PS: I would like to hear your stuff. :)

Edited by El Guapo

I've heard a ton of interviews recently and the majority of bands with albums ready that are on major labels are being told not to release the album yet. So the labels are saying to wait until it can be promoted. 

So... no gnr album during 2020/2021, fine! But next year has to have a release. There's absolutely no reason why they wouldn't have an album ready by now. 

Korn wrote an entire new record from scratch and recorded it, while the entire band was in different states. Metallica have written at least 10 new songs over zoom and got together in person to flesh out ideas. Slash has had the conspirators come to LA to work on parts. There's clearly so many more examples of acts that are dying to make new music. When gnr come back if they don't also come back with a firm plan for an album release, then they are absolutely not interested in releasing music. 

There will be some who say "let them finish up their touring commitments, then they'll get in the studio, album will be next year" I call BS on that, there's no more waiting next year is 14yrs since the last guns record... that's a long time, longer than the time they were working on Chinese AND they already have the fucking songs recorded 🤣 gnr are just fucked

18 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

I've heard a ton of interviews recently and the majority of bands with albums ready that are on major labels are being told not to release the album yet. So the labels are saying to wait until it can be promoted. 

So... no gnr album during 2020/2021, fine! But next year has to have a release. There's absolutely no reason why they wouldn't have an album ready by now. 

Korn wrote an entire new record from scratch and recorded it, while the entire band was in different states. Metallica have written at least 10 new songs over zoom and got together in person to flesh out ideas. Slash has had the conspirators come to LA to work on parts. There's clearly so many more examples of acts that are dying to make new music. When gnr come back if they don't also come back with a firm plan for an album release, then they are absolutely not interested in releasing music. 

There will be some who say "let them finish up their touring commitments, then they'll get in the studio, album will be next year" I call BS on that, there's no more waiting next year is 14yrs since the last guns record... that's a long time, longer than the time they were working on Chinese AND they already have the fucking songs recorded 🤣 gnr are just fucked

If they can't or won't release a real new studio album next year it will all fall apart surely. Fans and casuals WILL lose interest quickly. It's super boring already. Tickets won't sell cause they have nothing exciting to offer. They are not the Rolling Stones.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

If they can't or won't release a real new studio album next year it will all fall apart surely. Fans and casuals WILL lose interest quickly. It's super boring already. Tickets won't sell cause they have nothing exciting to offer. They are not the Rolling Stones.

Even the stones have a new record recorded and ready to go.

19 hours ago, vloors said:

Even the stones have a new record recorded and ready to go.

Hell even Tool managed to put one out in 2019, when Tool beats you to releasing material you know you are in a dire situation lmao

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kranich said:

Stones are pretty damn amazing. Must be the best aging band of all time.

Mick still sounds great too unlike many singers in their late 70s.

Im looking forward to the new album with all new material. The last covers album blue and lonesome sounded great

44 minutes ago, vloors said:

Im looking forward to the new album with all new material. The last covers album blue and lonesome sounded great

Yeah the new song with Grohl is also great.

Hope they will do one more tour since i only saw them once and that is the that you want to see multiple times. The things that Mick does on stage. Fuck me man, no frontman can do better.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/8/2021 at 8:23 AM, Tom2112 said:

Weezer already released two records in 2021. The Struts just released one at the end of 2020. Foo Fighters had a new record. Plenty of bands are releasing records. It's a copout for GNR to delay a record into 2022 if they're blaming coronavirus.

• Like 4

Just now, GnR Chris said:

Weezer already released two records in 2021. The Struts just released one at the end of 2020. Foo Fighters had a new record. Plenty of bands are releasing records. It's a copout for GNR to delay a record into 2022 if they're blaming coronavirus.

Not to mention Taylor Swift's two albums, an AC/DC album, Eminem, Lady Gaga etc etc. Basically, all the big artists you can think of. 

I asked this before and didn't get a response really......who are all these bands that AREN'T releasing music because of Covid? I'm yet to hear of one that had an album planned and haven't released it. 

Anyway.....that argument could vanish like a puff of smoke in about two months if the America tour happens. 

Edited by allwaystired
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, vloors said:

Mick was smart enough to sing in what is pretty much his speaking voice. It didn’t suffer much, plus the dude is still in great shape.

• Like 2