The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

16 minutes ago, Legendador said:

I really think the band lost its momentum and then Fernando says there's a new record, Beta says there's a new record, Fortus says there's tons of material, Slash says nothing was recorded. Feels like they don't know what else to say to keep fans interested, but I tend to believe in Slash, which is sad.

Slash didn't say nothing has been recorded. He said they haven't sat down to write new music from scratch, but have reworked a lot of already existing songs.

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, estrangedtwat said:

In the world of GNR, anything is possible.

Remember this cryptic message from htgth back in 2007:

demolition: To all the haters : I'm sorry for you not sorry for me. You don't know who you can trust now or who to believe.
Remember these words when the album comes out.
I'm out of here

We all had a laugh at that guy.  Riiiiight.  Whatever dude.

Then we got to hear "Sorry" for ourselves.....

I vaguely recall that. Who was he, some random forum dude or was he involved in the album (technician, engineer etc?).

1 hour ago, Pele said:

Do you think this guy has heard Zodiac 13 with vocals like he claims (despite not offering a single line of words)?

If he says he has heard it, then I believe it. He is not a typical troll as others here. I am not so sure he has claimed to have heard it himself, though, and that opens the door to simply being wrong. Not that I claim he is. 

Edited by SoulMonster

On 11/11/2021 at 7:25 AM, SoulMonster said:

The idea that the band would all sit in a room together and write songs like they did occasionally in the 80s, is unlikely. People who don't spend time together can't be expected to write songs together that way. And the idea that Axl would come down to rehearsals to work our brand new songs seems highly unlikely to me. Even in the 90s, Axl and Slash worked separately. Axl brought in songs that Slash got to add his stamp to, and the other way around. It is the same thing now, only that all the songs are from Axl.

Some fans also object to the songs being old and that it doesn't work when Slash add guitar tracks to older songs. But this is also not new to GN'R. Some of the songs off Appetite and Lies were Hollywood Rose songs that Slash (and Duff) added their input to, and reworked. Many songs on UYIs were old, too, and some were again Axl songs that Slash and Duff got to rework.

That this is the approach now, too, especially considering that Axl has all these songs that obviously means a lot to him, shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone. 

This post wins the internet for today. Absolutely bang on the money. 👍

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Legendador said:

There's Paul Stanley from Kiss and Roger Daltrey of The Who saying, today, there's no point of a new record for both bands, because no one cares anda fans just wanna hear classics, for emotional reasons or whatever.

It sounds more like an excuse for lack of desire or creativity, and that's fine, they're older guys, but in my opinion it doesn't make any sense for a fan to not want to hear new music from their favorite band, there's nothing more exciting than that, unless this one sucks and you say "okay, stop here, you're ruining your legacy".

38 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

I never said I have heard or have it, but it's out there for sure, as is a lot of material.

Cool mate - I didn’t think you had based on what you have said before…..just saw some comments a few posts back that confused me. 🤣

If Zodiac 13 with vocals is out there……🤯🤯🤯🤯

Edited by DTJ80

No teams. The division of people in the last year or so seems to be enough as it is. Anyway, if some alien asked me what I generally remember from this thread (cause that's what aliens ask, right?), I'd say something like Axl hasn't been singing in the shower since 1999 or something. We need new music, folks. Or at least a goddamn NITL leg #34328. Anything.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jamillos said:

No teams. The division of people in the last year or so seems to be enough as it is. Anyway, if some alien asked me what I generally remember from this thread (cause that's what aliens ask, right?), I'd say something like Axl hasn't been singing in the shower since 1999 or something. We need new music, folks. Or at least a goddamn NITL leg #34328. Anything.

The band just ended touring and just released two new songs. At the moment we can't really blame the band's inactivity for our squabbling. Now it is on us :lol:

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Sweersa said:

I never said I have heard or have it, but it's out there for sure, as is a lot of material.

You responded to someone earlier saying that you said you've heard it and didn't correct them or say you didn't say that lol. This vague stuff is really annoying to read. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, estrangedtwat said:

In the world of GNR, anything is possible.

Remember this cryptic message from htgth back in 2007:

demolition: To all the haters : I'm sorry for you not sorry for me. You don't know who you can trust now or who to believe.
Remember these words when the album comes out.
I'm out of here

We all had a laugh at that guy.  Riiiiight.  Whatever dude.

Then we got to hear "Sorry" for ourselves.....

Yes I do.  I know who that was.

9 hours ago, Popcorn crew said:

So for the next 5 years (500 pages) we will have Team (solo) Pele vs Team Others. Can wait 😁

One thing we won't have is a new album to discuss

3 hours ago, Jw224 said:

You responded to someone earlier saying that you said you've heard it and didn't correct them or say you didn't say that lol. This vague stuff is really annoying to read. 

Pure desperation trying to hang on to the belief that these songs actually exist.

He's a good poster and I don't want to argue - but of course he hasn't heard it.

He's tried to imply he has but now seemingly admits he hasn't.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Jw224 said:

Well, at least you can.

On 11/12/2021 at 7:09 PM, gavgnr said:

Well that shit needs to find its way home to papa 😅

That would be quite a Monstrocity. 

• Like 1