The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

47 minutes ago, deathrevan said:

Oh My God's already been released so I'd imagine that name is there to stay.  Silkworms wasn't released until after the name was changed.

Good point. Did you know: DJ Ashba played on the last released Oh My God?

Sixx: A.M. has a song with that name on their second album. :D

1 hour ago, SoulMonster said:

I wouldn't be that surprised if a new version of Oh My God is released. Axl just considered the previous version a demo. Not a big fan of the song, but it would be interesting to hear what has happened to it and what Slash will add to it, like a curiosity.

Oh My God has some of my favorite lyrics Axl's even written. I'd take a re release just on the hope that more people hear it. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, gavgnr said:

I think the releases will be determined by what Axl can sing live. I can’t see him having any issues performing Atlas, Perhaps or SOG. The General & OMG, not so much.

The releases will be determined by the songs Rose has competed vocals for.

So they will be Atlas, Perhaps, General and if they need more, OMG.

6 hours ago, Jw224 said:

Definitely think omg is coming. Was sent to bumble along with Silkworms so Axl was clearly planning on using it. 

Hard Skool wasn't and it got released. Going Down was also on that batch and it's very unlikely to get released now. 

As far as I know, they would rerelease OMG only because it should be bonus tracks along with the remix album. As this project went MIA in the 2010's, I don't think we should suppose anything regarding this original plan. 

BTW, now that I got to think about it, didn't Rose® also recorded vocals for Going Down AFTER the Village Sessions, meaning post-1999? 🤔

1 minute ago, Voodoochild said:

Hard Skool wasn't and it got released. Going Down was also on that batch and it's very unlikely to get released now. 

As far as I know, they would rerelease OMG only because it should be bonus tracks along with the remix album. As this project went MIA in the 2010's, I don't think we should suppose anything regarding this original plan. 

BTW, now that I got to think about it, didn't Rose® also recorded vocals for Going Down AFTER the Village Sessions, meaning post-1999? 🤔

I'd like to think it isn't getting released but I can just see it happening so clearly that I'm expecting it :D

Also yeah those vocals were most likely recorded after 99.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

OMG has everything that I dislike about New GNR.

I hope they stay as far away of this track as possible.

I disagree totally. I really don't like Chinese democracy the album but OMG is fucking awesome and a reworked version with Slash and Duff would be one of the best tracks since UIY albums.

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1
  • Haha 1
  • ABSUЯD 1

12 hours ago, oktayyaxl said:

Slash Tells Apple Music What’s Next…

Well, there’s a lot going on. I mean, there’s a lot of making up for 2020 right now because we’re able to go out and play. So I’m out with the Conspirators in the states through March and then I’m out with Guns N’ Roses from, I guess end of May or early June all the way through the end of the year doing a European tour in Australia and South America. And then doing the international tour with the Conspirators at the top of next year, so that’s Europe and Australia and Asia and South America. There’ll be a lot more stuff written for both bands during that long trek, so sometime, I would say probably new music would be coming around 2023, 2024.

New apple music interview..So no new music until 2023-2024 ? I think plans changed again.Bad news…

He said there will probably be a new single before the June tour.

12 hours ago, youngswedishvinyl said:

I’d assume he’s talking about SMKC here since that’s what he’s getting interviewed for and it doesn’t apply to Guns since the problem seems to be not being able to find time to record and we know that the Guns stuff is already recorded.

Yeah I think it's SMKC, next album in 2023 or 2024.

11 hours ago, jackparker123 said:

He's obviously taking about an album in 2023-24.

Slash has already confirmed they intend on releasing new music to tie in with the European tour in June, so I guess that will take the form of another EP with 2 new songs and 2 more live tracks.

As long as new music is slowly coming out I'm happy to wait for the album.

13 hours ago, El Guapo said:

Please, not Atlas. That's B-Side material at best, imo. :(

I don't really like the song but I'm assuming it will be the b-side on the next release, like Absurd was basically the b-side to Hardschool.

I'm just glad we got to hear an early version of it with Brian May. I'm kinda curious if it's been overhauled like Absurd/Silkworms but I don't have much faith that two decades of pro-tools tweaks have improved it.

5 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Oh My God has some of my favorite lyrics Axl's even written. I'd take a re release just on the hope that more people hear it. 

I like Oh My God, it's a good song that suffers from bad mixing (kinda like Hardschool), but it was released, played live and abandoned over 20 years ago. If Axl really wants to release it, use it as the lead single for a CD box set in 10 years. But there's no reason for this lineup to re-release that song IMO.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Voodoochild said:

I believe Axl's background vocals on the first leak of the song (which was leaked before we got the Village leaks) was recorded after 1999.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

lash Tells Apple Music What’s Next…

Well, there’s a lot going on. I mean, there’s a lot of making up for 2020 right now because we’re able to go out and play. So I’m out with the Conspirators in the states through March and then I’m out with Guns N’ Roses from, I guess end of May or early June all the way through the end of the year doing a European tour in Australia and South America. And then doing the international tour with the Conspirators at the top of next year, so

keep moving the goalposts.  i would bet cash money that SMKC 5 comes out before the next GNR album.

38 minutes ago, Bitchisback said:

keep moving the goalposts.  i would bet cash money that SMKC 5 comes out before the next GNR album.

That's not even a question dude :lol:

It's more likely SMKC 6 and 7 are coming before another GNR record

Edited by Free Bird
  • GNFNR 1

21 hours ago, fabrph5 said:

releasing OMG again would be insulting and a sign of pure laziness.  I have it officially released on a cd from YEARS ago.  I would rather them do a cover song, then hear that mess again

He's got absolutely no problem insulting the fans, don't worry about that.

If people are genuinely prepared to hand over their hard earned money for a physical release of Silkworms, they why even try? 

7 hours ago, Free Bird said:

I don't know if Pele is ok with that.

I bet it doesn't.

13 hours ago, Voodoochild said:

We don't know that for sure, we only know what leaked. I believe Bumble recorded guitar parts for at least one other complete album (CD2) but I don't expect any of his parts to be intact.

• Like 1

Axl obviously did more vocals after 1999-2000 as he was still adding overdubs and new vocals through 2006-2007. It seems pretty silly to think he really just did CD overdubs and Shackler's and nothing else during that period.

15 minutes ago, Stro said:

Axl obviously did more vocals after 1999-2000 as he was still adding overdubs and new vocals through 2006-2007. It seems pretty silly to think he really just did CD overdubs and Shackler's and nothing else during that period.

It does.  He clearly did more than Shacklers.

Post 99, he did TIL2, Shacklers, Scraped, Better, General, Going Down backing vocals and whatever Blood in the Water was supposed to be (probably a line from General or an unfinished idea).

Outside of Better, he shouldn't have bothered.....

Edited by Pele

10 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

I believe Axl's background vocals on the first leak of the song (which was leaked before we got the Village leaks) was recorded after 1999.

2 hours ago, Sweersa said:

We don't know that for sure, we only know what leaked. I believe Bumble recorded guitar parts for at least one other complete album (CD2) but I don't expect any of his parts to be intact.

Exactly. The Village Goin Down  was clearly just some home recording brought to the table by Tommy and accepted by Axl and/or the band. And as we heard from the Bumblefoot version that also leaked, even Buckethead worked on the song from 2000-04 (the ending solo is a mix of Bucket and Robin leads, but mostly Bucket).

I also think that Scraped e Shackler's only began to take shape in its final form after Bucket left. Both songs evolved from original Bucket ideas, but with heavy input by Axl, Caram and the others (Bucket's outro solo seems to me by far the most 'comped' from all of his contributions on CD). I would think Axl recorded the vocals on the 2005-08 timeframe.