The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

9 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

Then don't. And I don't mean that in some critical or abrasive way, at all. It is just that it is your choice to follow the band daily and if that isn't the right choice for you, then just choose differently. It is certainly more constructive than expecting the band to change. 

You are too defensive of the band all the time though. Its hard being a gnr fan when they do not operate like most fans would love them to. Remember people become fans and follow because they love their released music and not anything else. Of course those fans would love more music and get frustrated.

This band is mismanaged and hindered by its unmotivated singer and thats a real shame.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, vloors said:

You are too defensive of the band all the time though. Its hard being a gnr fan when they do not operate like most fans would love them to. Remember people become fans and follow because they love their released music and not anything else. Of course those fans would love more music and get frustrated.

This band is mismanaged and hindered by its unmotivated singer and thats a real shame.

I think I have addressed all of this, haven't I? I have no problems with fans wanting more from GN'R, I want that too, nor with fans being disappointed, that is only natural up to a point. But here we talked about a specific fan who suggested spending so much time here brought him down. And that's a very much a self-inflicted wound with a very easy solution. Not that I want him to leave, at all, I was just pointing out the absurdity of it.

Now I am going to "defend" the band again:

You claim the band is mismanaged, I would argue that the extremely successful reunion which led to one of the highest selling tours of all time, flies directly in the face of such a claim. I believe you think they are mismanaged because they don't manage the band in the direction that you want, but that is not what management is about, it is about managing the band in the direction the band wants. And from where I am sitting, they seem to do that very well.

You also claim Axl is unmotivated, I would argue that no singer who tours as extensively as he does at the age of 60, playing three hour shows and working his ass off, can be called "unmotivated". I believe you think he is unmotivated because he doesn't seem to be motivated into doing the things that you want, but that is not what that motivation means, it means having the energy and drive to do what oneself wants. And from where I am sitting, he really seems to be motivated in touring.

Did I really defend the band now or did I actually counter some arguments I felt weren't really thought through? I suppose it is about perspective. Personally, I think I am more about hitting down on lazy or erroneous arguments more than defending the band, it just happens that in this forum there is a lot of it and when people don't really get what I write they interpret it as defending the band more than defending rationality.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

I think I have addressed all of this, haven't I? I have no problems with fans wanting more from GN'R, I want that too, nor with fans being disappointed, that is only natural up to a point. But here we talked about a specific fan who suggested spending so much time here brought him down. And that's a very much a self-inflicted wound with a very easy solution. Not that I want him to leave, at all, I was just pointing out the absurdity of it.

You claim the band is mismanaged, I would argue that the extremely successful reunion which led to one of the highest selling tours of all time, flies directly in the face of such a claim. I believe you think they are mismanaged because they don't manage the band in the direction that you want, but that is not what management is about, it is about managing the band in the direction the band wants. And from where I am sitting, they seem to do that very well.

You also claim Axl is unmotivated, I would argue that no singer who tours as extensively as he does at the age of 60, playing three hour shows and working his ass off, can be called "unmotivated". I believe you think he is unmotivated because he doesn't seem to be motivated into doing the things that you want, but that is not what that motivation means, it means having the energy and drive to do what oneself wants. And from where I am sitting, he really seems to be motivated in touring.

Did I really defend the band now or did I actually counter some arguments I felt weren't really thought through? I suppose it is about perspective. Personally, I think I am more about hitting down on lazy or erroneous arguments more than defending the band, it just happens that in this forum there is a lot of it and when people don't really get what I write they interpret it as defending the band more than defending rationality.

So you genuinely think that Fernando is a good manager for GNR? Just wow.

I would also argue most band members past and present want to record and release music for the fans its just the one red head band member that wont. 

And this is one of the reasons why the band had been a revolving door of members over the years.

• Like 1

If a new album somehow happens does it feature much rasp from Axl or will it be mostly clean sounding vocals? Pulling off some limited rasp even in a studio setting seemed possible around 2016-17 but it feels like we'd get vocals that are just a polished version of what he currently does live.

17 minutes ago, mystery said:

If a new album somehow happens does it feature much rasp from Axl or will it be mostly clean sounding vocals? Pulling off some limited rasp even in a studio setting seemed possible around 2016-17 but it feels like we'd get vocals that are just a polished version of what he currently does live.

I’d be surprised if there are any lead vocals outwith the Chinese sessions on any potential release. 

Edited by Dean
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, mystery said:

Nah he'd layer a bunch and do multiple takes in order to get the rasp... if that was the sound he wanted. Rock the rock is a good example of how he might go about producing that sound

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GnR Chris said:

You guys, I’m starting to get a little concerned here, because there are only four Fridays left before the end of 2023.

Be concerned when we reach this same time of the year in 2061, then we'll have only two months before the ginger turns 100.

I bet my ass that then the third generation of TEAM BRAZIL will release the vault as they did with Prince, only for us to find out that there was only one song left there, tha McDaddy one.

54 minutes ago, mystery said:

On Chi Dem there's minimal to no rasp, and I bet most people didn't even noticed.

35 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

Nah he'd layer a bunch and do multiple takes in order to get the rasp... if that was the sound he wanted. Rock the rock is a good example of how he might go about producing that sound

The 99 vocals are already recorded.

3 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

This sounds like something someone would write on another popular message board.  You sure you arent him? Ever hear of 74 YO Alice Cooper? album (always good) almost every year, tours non stop.  Fans of bands want to hear new music, its why we like them.  There is nothing to defend.  GnR are happy doing the same tour until it stops making money.  Nothing wrong with that, I just hate being insulted with the non stop excuses that every other band deals with, and is able to release music

23 minutes ago, Legendador said:

Be concerned when we reach this same time of the year in 2061, then we'll have only two months before the ginger turns 100.

I bet my ass that then the third generation of TEAM BRAZIL will release the vault as they did with Prince, only for us to find out that there was only one song left there, tha McDaddy one.

On Chi Dem there's minimal to no rasp, and I bet most people didn't even noticed.

I know the vocals for the next songs are recorded. The question wasn't about that, it was asking if he could rasp on a new song and the answer is yes, proven also by Gold coast when he out of nowhere slipped into rasp mode for Civil war.

41 minutes ago, Legendador said:

I've heard it said that the amount of clean vocals on Chinese Democracy was a conscious decision on Axl's part to fit some of the songs and likely because his voice in general went through sime changes after 1993. There's songs with minimal or no rasp on Chinese but then there's some with a good amount like the title track, Better, Shackler's Revenge, and the intro to Street of Dreams. It was clear he still easily had the rasp but he used it more selectively.

1 hour ago, fabrph5 said:

This sounds like something someone would write on another popular message board.  You sure you arent him? Ever hear of 74 YO Alice Cooper? album (always good) almost every year, tours non stop.  Fans of bands want to hear new music, its why we like them.  There is nothing to defend.  GnR are happy doing the same tour until it stops making money.  Nothing wrong with that, I just hate being insulted with the non stop excuses that every other band deals with, and is able to release music

Alice Cooper is amazing and is always putting new music out there. Even if he only plays one song during the tour for that album, he knows the real hardcore fans want to hear new original music 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, vloors said:

Here we go again. 

Touring endlessly on a cash grab is not what real fans want to see forever.  That is always your excuse for stucking up for the "band". That they tour....

So yes I was saying its mostly the fault of a unmotivated singer that rather not write or record anything new, do any promotions and goes autopilot on a tour singing the same 30+ year old songs for a quick buck instead. 

This band has 4 real lps over 30 years which is pitiful.

Mismanagement - releasing toys, childens books, stickers, trucks, gnr air, anything but releasing new music because the singer cant be bothered.

I don't think you understood my post.

I have never said "real fans" want to see the band tour forever. I don't want them to your forever. But the fact that they do tour so successfully is credit to the management. 

And again, your "unmotivated" is intrinsically linked to not wanting to record and release new music, but my argument was that Axl shows motivation for other aspects of being in a band, like touring.

8 hours ago, jackparker123 said:

So you genuinely think that Fernando is a good manager for GNR? Just wow.

First off, I never said G'R management was good, don't twist it that way. What I said was that the successful touring speaks to the management's credit and suggests the band isn't "mismanaged". The caveat is if Fernando Lebeis does what he is asked to do, then yes, he is a good manager for the band. Not for us. But he isn't on our payroll.

Edited by SoulMonster

5 hours ago, fabrph5 said:

It seems you are trying to put together an argument for why Axl and the rest of GN'R should release music? I want them to release new music, too. What is the confusion here?

9 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

My $0.02. The band’s management has become adept at following a course that provides maximum revenue. Of course, in a manner of speaking, that could be deemed successful.

However, take a look at fan comments on FB and IG to the band’s announcement of the new London show. There’s a plethora of disgruntled comments regarding the lack of a new album and no thought of the 1000’s of Scottish fans who have been left high and dry.

So, whether or not you deem the band and its management to be successful clearly depends upon your interpretation of what success is. If you believe that maximum dollar return is the goal, then yes - the band and Tram Brazil are doing great. 

• Like 1

Here we are, approaching page 1000 of a "new album", so it definitely is incredibly surprising when someone points out the absurdity of it every now and then. 
But I guess every forum needs a guy to pretend not to understand and to maintain iteration of the classics:
"Some people are never satisfied."
"They don’t owe you anything."
"Maybe you should move on to some other band."
"Complaints, complaints."

This schtick is so cheesy. 

• ABSUЯD 1

6 minutes ago, gavgnr said:

My $0.02. The band’s management has become adept at following a course that provides maximum revenue. Of course, in a manner of speaking, that could be deemed successful.

However, take a look at fan comments on FB and IG to the band’s announcement of the new London show. There’s a plethora of disgruntled comments regarding the lack of a new album and no thought of the 1000’s of Scottish fans who have been left high and dry.

So, whether or not you deem the band and its management to be successful clearly depends upon your interpretation of what success is. If you believe that maximum dollar return is the goal, then yes - the band and Tram Brazil are doing great. 

Yes, exactly, the management must be evaluated based on what they have been told to do by the band, not by what we want them to do. Because, as I said before, we don't pay their salaries. Their job is to realize the goals of the band, not our goals. 

I highly doubt Axl has been pushing for a new release for a long time and it is the management that is holding it up by procrastinating, thwarting his communication, and generally throwing spanners in his works of working on new vocals and lyrics. I am extremely sure Axl has stated that he wants to continue touring and the management has facilitated this.

Again, this doesn't mean I think the management is great. But I don't think it is fair to claim that GN'R is being "mismanaged". I believe the do as they are told, and the recent success of the touring (which is almost a bit unheard of when it comes to GN'R, with smooth shows, starting on time, no controversies, no riots, no cancellations) suggests they are far from mismanaging the band.

I think quite a bit of fans confuse things and think it is the management's stated purpose to help a band release new music, or do whatever we fans want. Again, it isn't. They are on a payroll to facilitate the artist's objectives.

And a last disclaimer, the fact that I don't agree with someone saying the band is being "mismanaged", and that this suggests a confusion as to the role of the band or a downplay of the recent touring success, doesn't mean I think the management is "good" or "great". They definitely have learnt how to manage touring but there is more to management like communication, and I don't think Team Brazil has always communicated in ways that have been advantageous to the band. Sometimes their clunky and unprofessional communication has hurt the band, although hardly significantly.

Just now, jamillos said:

Here we are, approaching page 1000 of a "new album", so it definitely is incredibly surprising when someone points out the absurdity of it every now and then. 
But I guess every forum needs a guy to pretend not to understand and to maintain iteration of the classics:
"Some people are never satisfied."
"They don’t owe you anything."
"Maybe you should move on to some other band."
"Complaints, complaints."

This schtick is so cheesy. 

not really fair what you're doing here. You're reducing it to slogan levels of silly when you and others here have been given detailed explanations for years now on why some people don't agree with your opinion and your need to repeat the same shit Pele style cause you just can't accept that not everyone wants to keep posting the same thing over and over again. You do your thing and others should be free to do theirs ie try and enjoy what we do have. It's ok to do that from time to time you know.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Rovim said:

not really fair what you're doing here. You're reducing it to slogan levels of silly when you and others here have been given detailed explanations for years now on why some people don't agree with your opinion and your need to repeat the same shit Pele style cause you just can't accept that not everyone wants to keep posting the same thing over and over again. You do your thing and others should be free to do theirs ie try and enjoy what we do have. It's ok to do that from time to time you know.

There’s no "me and others"; I don’t belong in any group, I do me. Only started these types of discussions this year, btw. 
I never had a problem with anyone disagreeing with me, especially since I’m not some clenched maniac, whether in constant negativity or constant positivity. The problem is when someone puts words in your mouth and uses strawman crap to, as you say, post the same thing over and over. I don’t do that shit, but I surely have noticed it around. 

Just now, jamillos said:

There’s no "me and others"; I don’t belong in any group, I do me. Only started these types of discussions this year, btw. 
I never had a problem with anyone disagreeing with me, especially since I’m not some clenched maniac, whether in constant negativity or constant positivity. The problem is when someone puts words in your mouth and uses strawman crap to, as you say, post the same thing over and over. I don’t do that shit, but I surely have noticed it around. 

you and others as in people that share some of your views of the band. I won't get into specifics about the rest of your post as it's not about sides. All I'm saying is that everytime you presented your argument, opinion, whatever, you got a detailed explanation for why others disagree with you. Didn't see anyone put words in your mouth either.