The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

Been listening to the Village-sessions lately. I need to hear these songs completed with the Robin/Bucket-band. There are some really great songs.

Zodiac, Mustache, Oklahoma, State of Grace. Amazing stuff!

Can someone please make it happen! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, surforia said:

Just give me The General with an epic Slash solo, and then I can die in peace.

I used to think this too, but without hearing it, the song becomes this mythical thing that wouldn't live up to the hype many forum members attribute to it. Like when AS was heard, which I love by the way, many forum members didn't rate it, but was touted as this amazing epic beforehand. 

And wasn't monster elvis of soul touted as a vemionious postcard..... And even though we haven't heard it, people were curious and dying to hear it, when Adsurd was liked by axl, veminous in nature, and sucks big time. Think I've gone off track here

43 minutes ago, jimisbatman said:

I used to think this too, but without hearing it, the song becomes this mythical thing that wouldn't live up to the hype many forum members attribute to it. Like when AS was heard, which I love by the way, many forum members didn't rate it, but was touted as this amazing epic beforehand. 

And wasn't monster elvis of soul touted as a vemionious postcard..... And even though we haven't heard it, people were curious and dying to hear it, when Adsurd was liked by axl, veminous in nature, and sucks big time. Think I've gone off track here

Yeah, when songs are touted and talked about for decades, there’s going to be insanely unrealistic expectations for them. I think if we ever hear Oklahoma, The General, Soul Monster, they’ll be received much less than if they just released around 2010. Entirely the bands fault though.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, jimisbatman said:

Got it, I'll let Axl's cleaner know. 

P. S, you missed the Elvis song off your list. 

Yes! The Elvis-song is also very good.

I also see potential in Curly Shuffle. 

There is definitely enough ideas and songs for another album on the same level as CD. I cannot wait to hear more stuff.  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, BucketEgg said:

happy new year!

to celebrate, here's a fake album cover representing this thread

(text reads: MYGNRFORUM  LOST IN DELUSION I)

lostindelusion1.png

(Painting used was Theseus and the Minotaur, by Maestro di Tavarnelle)

Maybe 2023 will be the year for new stuff! :awesomeface:

Ha - that’s awesome!

• Thanks 1

Perhaps, State of Grace, Eye on You and Atlas Shrugged mostly don't do much for me.  I mean, I think they represent an interesting creative endeavor, but certainly nothing that really moves me emotionally. I relistened to Atlas twice...it kinda sucks.  

Edited by Tyson
  • Like 1

The release of the Use Your Illusion albums is closer to the Beatles hiring drummer Pete Best for their first Hamburg residency than it is to today.  It would be a couple years before the Beatles got another drummer and started recording albums.

The release of Spaghetti Incident is closer to the release of the second Rolling Stones’ album, which had three songs written by Jagger/Richards.

The day Axl Rose was born is closer to the day Bing Crosby was born in 1903 than to today.  Bing was over a decade older than Frank Sinatra and Sinatra was over a decade older than Elvis.  When Axl was born, Elvis was still in his 20s.  Very soon, Axl’s birth date will be closer to the 1800s than to now.

And what has he done?  Another year older, a new one just begun.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

17 hours ago, Gimpy Hewitt said:

I can’t believe there’s people on here who thought that searching a song name and GNR coming up in the results surely meant that an album is coming. The algorithm really got y’all.

You just gotta keep believing 😂

Screenshot-20230101-142152.png

For real though, if they don't deliver some new music next year then I'm done. Wouldn't have this expectation if they hadn't talked about it.