The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

3 hours ago, Basic_GnR_Fan said:

Yes I believe he used the stems from guitar hero.

My biggest critique of the Megadeth remixes were the vocals. Apparently they lost some of the original vocal takes and they had to replace them with updated vocals or alt takes, neither of which were nearly as good.

I’ll say this much - that lad is clearly very skilled at working with the stems. I might not agree with each choice for the songs but it’s light years ahead of some of the old Guitar Hero mixes that were about.

The Death Magnetic stuff sounds great - that’s absolutely one album which was utterly killed by shite production.

• Like 2

On 8/31/2021 at 1:55 AM, betterman said:

Can it be that Slashs album will be delayed?

No delay, album and tour is set for 2022. 

On 8/31/2021 at 2:12 AM, jamillos said:

At this point, anything can happen. Guns’ EU tour starts in June. If Slash wants to tour his record, I guess he’ll have to use the time until then. If Guns want to release anything – and surmising the record must have been finished by now, ffs – there is no reason not to release it by June. Then again, the plan may be completely different. Maybe all we’ll get is HS with no proper video again, and a new cover played live. Maybe Axl will be recuperating his voice, while fiddling about with "final touches". Fuck knows. 

Yeah SMKC tour will probably be spring 2022 before the summer GnR run. 

On 8/31/2021 at 11:28 AM, Blackstar said:

Related to the above, but probably unrelated to new music: Duff said in an interview in 2018 that GnR will get full ownership of AFD from the label in 2022, because it'll be 35 years since its recording and release.

Do you have a link for this interview?

23 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Yes, that's the most interesting part in Tommy Stinson's quote. It might mean that Tommy had heard that material, and even that there was an attempt for some of it to be used by NuGnR. According to Marc Canter, Axl told him in 2001 that Slash could play on CD if he apologised and the songs Axl wanted Slash to play on were songs dating from the old lineup that Slash had a hand on. There's also the Fortus interview in 2014 where he said they'd been working on songs Slash had helped "plant the seed on".

Here is the Axl quote:

Axl: I think that some of the riffs that were coming out of [Slash] were the meanest, most contemporary, bluesiest, rocking thing since Aerosmith's Rocks. The 2000 version of Aerosmith Rocks or the 1996 Aerosmith Rocks by the time we would have put it out. I don't know if I would have wanted to even do a world tour at the time but I wanted to put that record together and could we have done it? Yes. It's not something I would want to approach (without Slash) because at the time there was only one person that I knew who could do certain riffs that way. We still needed the collaboration of the band as a whole to write the best songs. Since none of that happened, that's the reason why that material got scrapped.

https://www.a-4-d.com/t4785-2002-08-12-gnronline-press-release-guns-n-roses-launch-chinese-democracy-tour-in-china-axl

It would be cool if they're revisiting some of that material then.

I feel like Black Friday would be a good time to release something, another single or the full album. That's what I'm hoping for anyway.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

To start with probably, I'm sure they'll hit SA, Europe, etc later, maybe in the fall if there's no GnR dates there. My guess is they'll do another run in 2023 as well.

They will tour until GN'R ends 

I’ve found it pays to look at what Myles Kennedy is doing for clues about GNR’s plans. The second half of 2022, Myles is recording a new Alter Bridge album. Evidently his solo tour is going on until then as he’s just been announced to be playing Download festival. Could it be that the SMKC album has been postponed due to the new Guns record? I’m honestly not seeing any room in the schedule for SMKC from either camp and the only way, IMO, Slash wouldn’t be touring and releasing an album with them would be if Guns had their own album plans and that became priority.

3 minutes ago, Dangelus said:

I’ve found it pays to look at what Myles Kennedy is doing for clues about GNR’s plans. The second half of 2022, Myles is recording a new Alter Bridge album. Evidently his solo tour is going on until then as he’s just been announced to be playing Download festival. Could it be that the SMKC album has been postponed due to the new Guns record? I’m honestly not seeing any room in the schedule for SMKC from either camp and the only way, IMO, Slash wouldn’t be touring and releasing an album with them would be if Guns had their own album plans and that became priority.

Didn't they say something like "early next year"? It could be January, and Slash could tour it till June, when Guns start. The question is whether that's enough for a tour (I think it's usually about 20 shows, so that should be ok) and whether he doesn't need any rest between, what with the family etc. But he's a beast. 

2 minutes ago, jamillos said:

Didn't they say something like "early next year"? It could be January, and Slash could tour it till June, when Guns start. The question is whether that's enough for a tour (I think it's usually about 20 shows, so that should be ok) and whether he doesn't need any rest between, what with the family etc. But he's a beast. 

That’s true, but Myles is touring his solo album currently as well. It would seem a bit strange for him to drop that to tour a new Slash album only to get back on the solo tour for a random couple of shows before getting straight back to Alter Bridge.

I’m very possibly wishful thinking though - I accept that!

• Like 1

On 8/31/2021 at 10:08 PM, Voodoochild said:

There are some melodic and key changes that may be from Axl himself and Paul Tobias, the dynamics seems a bit like IRS to me.

Years ago I was told Oklahoma sounds a bit like IRS from someone who heard a mix of it with vocals.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, TheGeneral said:

I've read that ABBA are probably going to announce a new album after 40 years in a couple of hours.

Let's just get excited for that.

I think it’s a hologram tour plus 5 new songs.

Anyways - all it proves is if ABBA can release new stuff then anything is possible in he music world (although the release of Absurd proved that too)…..🤣

11 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

I think it’s a hologram tour plus 5 new songs.

Anyways - all it proves is if ABBA can release new stuff then anything is possible in he music world (although the release of Absurd proved that too)…..🤣

I've heard about that hologram tour aswell and I guess it's true (although: why?) but some online magazines reported that since it took them so long to release those song they now have a full album up their sleeves.

We'll see. Don't care if it's 5 songs or an entire album, just excited for what it will sound like.

Who would've thought that ABBA would release new songs before GNR?

1 hour ago, TheGeneral said:

I've heard about that hologram tour aswell and I guess it's true (although: why?) but some online magazines reported that since it took them so long to release those song they now have a full album up their sleeves.

We'll see. Don't care if it's 5 songs or an entire album, just excited for what it will sound like.

What if ABBA does the same and release their "Abdurd" as first sigle? Song that doesn't have any hooks or melodies

2 hours ago, TheGeneral said:

Looks like you were right - 10 song album on its way. 👍

Over to you GNR…..

7 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

Looks like you were right - 10 song album on its way. 👍

Over to you GNR…..

Yeah, well, you know, they're  looking very seriously into the their options regarding something, but with the state of the world and life happens and all that their hands are basically tied and stuff. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, Dangelus said:

5 hours ago, jamillos said:

Myles is off from mid December to early June, GnR is off late November to early June, so plenty of time for SMKC album release and tour. It's not been postponed. Depending on how long Myles is in the studio with AB, it's not unreasonable to guess that SMKC will probably resume touring later in 2022 or in 2023. They're going to do at least one NA run and one trip through SA, Europe, etc because Slash likes hitting all those places and doing a full tour. I'm guessing they might do European festivals summer of 2023 and maybe some more NA dates as well. I don't know anything for certain (although I think it's safe to assume that spring 2022 dates are being talked about and booked and will be announced when the album is) and I'm basing this off of what they did for the LTD tour around GnR dates but I feel pretty confident in my prediction.

• Like 1