The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

56 minutes ago, Pele said:

We already have it apart from The General and a few covers.

Nobody needs real doll . com again.

Axl without a doubt recorded vocals on songs that have yet to be heard or released between 2001-2008 ... There's no way he totally retired from recording that early in his life

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 2020_Intensions said:

Axl without a doubt recorded vocals on songs that have yet to be heard or released between 2001-2008 ... There's no way he totally retired from recording that early in his life

Of course there is doubt.

1 album in 30 years.

When he finally did have to release something, they had to pull it from old existing recordings.

So many stories from engineers, producers, session musicians etc that he was very rarely present at any recording sessions.

There is nothing left except General, Perhaps and Atlas.  The rest is an illusion to maintain interest in a nostalgia act.

22 minutes ago, CubanSkies Dummy said:

I really think that the lack of new material by Axl and his band make that some users go really mental in here (and other forums or so).

Didn't you literally invent your own album tracks, and then write fake reviews on the pretense that these songs actually exist?

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, 2020_Intensions said:

There's at least one finished album, not including the remixes, if you believe Axl.

Hardschool, Absurd, Atlas, Perhaps, The General, and Going Down were probably intended for that, with State Of Grace and OMG being possibilities. So there's probably another 4-8 songs we haven't heard - Soul Monster, Cuban Skies, Tonto, Zodiac, Quicksong, Seven, and maybe a few others? There's probably more that we've never heard of, like Eye On You.

Just now, Gordon Comstock said:

There's at least one finished album, not including the remixes, if you believe Axl.

Hardschool, Absurd, Atlas, Perhaps, The General, and Going Down were probably intended for that, with State Of Grace and OMG being possibilities. So there's probably another 4-8 songs we haven't heard - Soul Monster, Cuban Skies, Tonto, Zodiac, Quicksong, Seven, and maybe a few others? There's probably more that we've never heard of, like Eye On You.

Parts of Eye on You were surgically removed and added to Hardskool so I doubt it'll ever be released.

What I wonder is if the Blood in the Watah sample came from another song or if it was specifically recorded for the shelved remix album.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Coma16 said:

Parts of Eye on You were surgically removed and added to Hardskool so I doubt it'll ever be released.

What I wonder is if the Blood in the Watah sample came from another song or if it was specifically recorded for the shelved remix album.

I almost mentioned Blood In The Water and some other stuff but figured I'd rambled enough :lol:

I know Eye On You was stripped for parts and discarded but at some point it was a completed song just sitting in the vault. For all we know, State Of Grace suffered the same fate. My point was there's probably several completed songs that have never been mentioned.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Coma16 said:

Could have came from anything really.

It could be a line from The General.

My best guess is there were a few songs that actually progressed beyond instrumental - and they were likely Monstrosity and Tonto, where incomplete vocals and vocal melodies were worked on.  It was probably lifted from one of those.

37 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I almost mentioned Blood In The Water and some other stuff but figured I'd rambled enough :lol:

I know Eye On You was stripped for parts and discarded but at some point it was a completed song just sitting in the vault. For all we know, State Of Grace suffered the same fate. My point was there's probably several completed songs that have never been mentioned.

Yeah - IMO, I think it's fairly obvious when he was close to deadline to release the new songs he's agreed as part of the tour, he instructed Caram to put them together from what they had (which was basically Village Sessions and a few bits and pieces from 05-06)

15 hours ago, Pele said:

Of course there is doubt.

1 album in 30 years.

When he finally did have to release something, they had to pull it from old existing recordings.

So many stories from engineers, producers, session musicians etc that he was very rarely present at any recording sessions.

There is nothing left except General, Perhaps and Atlas.  The rest is an illusion to maintain interest in a nostalgia act.

Didn't you literally invent your own album tracks, and then write fake reviews on the pretense that these songs actually exist?

The lack of desire to release or the manifestation of songs does not prove said songs dont exist ... Axl could have an entire completed album or two or three ... Perhaps he lost interest in releasing? That's where my money has been since 2018 ... 

5 hours ago, 2020_Intensions said:

The lack of desire to release or the manifestation of songs does not prove said songs dont exist ... Axl could have an entire completed album or two or three ... Perhaps he lost interest in releasing? That's where my money has been since 2018 ... 

You think lost interest in releasing.

I think lost interest in writing/recording.

Lost interest in releasing doesn't really make sense, as they released 2 singles last year.  IMO (due to his lack of interest in writing/recording) he's had to pull from 22 year old sessions.

Edited by Pele
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, 2020_Intensions said:

I don't know if he's lost interest in releasing music but he might not think it's "worth the hassle". CD's release was a clusterfuck that he probably doesn't want to repeat. CD2 was "done" a decade ago - it wouldn't surprise me one bit if Axl still thinks GNR deserve multi-million dollar videos and huge promotion, which no label is gonna give him, so it's a stalemate.

I don't think Axl lost interest, but it became difficult to him. He wanted to tour Chinese Democracy in the US first, but he only achieved this in 2011 due to Azoff's controlling position (Axl and Azoff sued each other after the release of CD). Axl also wanted, insisted, that all current band members should be featured on the next album, and although Bumble and Frank had added their parts, DJ had not. There are also rumours and hints from interviews that recent members instead wanted to record new songs, but it seems like Axl was stil focused on getting CD2 out, but again, that might have meant adding another guitar (DJs, or replacing an older guitar player with DJ, which could cause other problems). There might be other reasons, too. 

Axl's dedication to the old songs is clear, with no new songs being worked on yet Slash having added guitar to lots of songs. It seems like the idea is to take songs where Axl has a majority writing credit and replacing most former band members contribution with that of Slash and Duff, at least if we are to go by Hard Skool and Absurd. I hope I am wrong and that the next music that is released will feature previous band members more, and honor their contribution and dedication. But it seems difficult to squeeze Slash's guitar onto tracks that are already full of guitars. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

I don't think Axl lost interest, but it became difficult to him. He wanted to tour Chinese Democracy in the US first, but he only achieved this in 2011 due to Azoff's controlling position (Axl and Azoff sued each other after the release of CD). Axl also wanted, insisted, that all current band members should be featured on the next album, and although Bumble and Frank had added their parts, DJ had not. There are also rumours and hints from interviews that recent members instead wanted to record new songs, but it seems like Axl was stil focused on getting CD2 out, but again, that might have meant adding another guitar (DJs, or replacing an older guitar player with DJ, which could cause other problems). There might be other reasons, too. 

Axl's dedication to the old songs is clear, with no new songs being worked on yet Slash having added guitar to lots of songs. It seems like the idea is to take songs where Axl has a majority writing credit and replacing most former band members contribution with that of Slash and Duff, at least if we are to go by Hard Skool and Absurd. I hope I am wrong and that the next music that is released will feature previous band members more, and honor their contribution and dedication. But it seems difficult to squeeze Slash's guitar onto tracks that are already full of guitars. 

I don't buy the 'dedication to the old songs' theory.

I've heard people say 'Silkworms obviously meant a lot to him' which is why he released it.

He released it because it's a song he actually completed vocals on.  That's why it got released.  Which is the exact same reason HardSkool was released.

And is the exact same reason if they pull this crap next yeat - Atlas and Perhaps will be the songs.

The 'dedication to the old songs' exists because the alternative is writing/recording new ones.  This is why they kept re-recording the same garbage leftovers like Silkworms and OMG  - because he'd done his bit.

2 hours ago, GoodOlJohnnyK said:

You know what to do. *You know what to do.*

May Eric and Johnny Frotto both RIP. 

Having said that, I think it’s clear as day that there’s a 0.0% chance that there will be any new GNR albums in 2022.  

1 hour ago, WhazUp said:

And High Pitch Erik!  Considering Axl nowadays sounds like him singing YCBM :P

“Who’s High Pitch this is Axl”…

• Like 1

I think Axl is out of creativity,  btw isn't that unusual when becoming older. Rest of the band members keep releasing their own stuff and Axl just... well continuing touring and selling band merch. At this point i really don't think there's ever gonna be a new full length album.. and for the first time in my life I actually don't care that much.. GN'R should've come back together in 2006 or released a single and an album in while the hype was still ON 2017/18

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Towelie said:

Well, I don't think Axl would've put out Absurd if he didn't still dig it. 

Yes these are old songs, but they are also good songs (I was one of the few fans championing Silkworms since day one, but even outside of that polarising song, most fans agree that HS, Atlas and Perhaps are quality) and I for one am pleased they are getting a proper release. Would I prefer to see Axl actively working on/releasing newly recorded material? Of course. But somethings better than nothing and more than we've had 2009-2020, so I'll take it.

All subjective but they aren't good songs.

This is a collective of people who are or were fans of his ability, and the general consensus is that Silkworms is terrible, Atlas is forgettable and HardSkool/Perhaps would have made decent enough filler on UYI.  (This is a general broad consensus - no need to chime in and say I'm wrong because you think Silkworms is great, or Perhaps sucks etc).

That's the opinion on a fan site for the band.  Actual music fans in general will be far less favorable.

In fact, if a lot of people saw a garage band of 14 year old kids and they did 'Silkworms' you'd be embarrassed for them - let along the guy who wrote Nov Rain and Estranged.

He 'digs it' because he finished it.  And he is running out of options.

There were 2 'decent' ones left.  HardSkool and Perhaps - so he's likely pairing them with the shit ones (Silkworms and Atlas).

Question for anyone/everyone - if the next 'new' release is Perhaps/Atlas double single, will you accept the vault is pretty much empty or will you STILL believe he has a load of unreleased finished material?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Pele said:

All subjective but they aren't good songs.

This is a collective of people who are or were fans of his ability, and the general consensus is that Silkworms is terrible, Atlas is forgettable and HardSkool/Perhaps would have made decent enough filler on UYI.  (This is a general broad consensus - no need to chime in and say I'm wrong because you think Silkworms is great, or Perhaps sucks etc).

That's the opinion on a fan site for the band.  Actual music fans in general will be far less favorable.

In fact, if a lot of people saw a garage band of 14 year old kids and they did 'Silkworms' you'd be embarrassed for them - let along the guy who wrote Nov Rain and Estranged.

He 'digs it' because he finished it.  And he is running out of options.

There were 2 'decent' ones left.  HardSkool and Perhaps - so he's likely pairing them with the shit ones (Silkworms and Atlas).

Question for anyone/everyone - if the next 'new' release is Perhaps/Atlas double single, will you accept the vault is pretty much empty or will you STILL believe he has a load of unreleased finished material?

Oh please, there’s still people here who get fooled by every disguise of the Trix rabbit. 

1 hour ago, Majestic Beast said:

I think this band will release a new album,maybe double and then will tour till their death officialy as a band.No more excuses left of delaying years of stuff.

Thinking he'll be able to somehow find an albums worth of material is mad enough - a double is pure insanity.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Majestic Beast said:

I think this band will release a new album,maybe double and then will tour till their death officialy as a band.No more excuses left of delaying years of stuff.

I was expecting a double album too, long before the pandemic.