The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

2 hours ago, Pele said:

Rose barely pretends he's got an album in the works anymore - he just doesn't really admit outright he hasn't.

It's always something.

Here's what he said to DJ Mark Ronson recently: "To be honest with you, I don't really know if we're going to do another Guns N' Roses record. This was a sort of way of giving everyone a chance to decide what they wanted to do, and I guess we'll see."

Rose later said, in the interview, "I'm just saying that we do like music, and if we're not going to make music, we probably shouldn't be in the business. It doesn't mean that we're going to stop, it just means that we're going to take a break from it and maybe do something else."

He went on to say, "We all sort of...I don't know how you'd put it, we've all been in a serious rut. There's no real edge anymore, and so for us to put out something that was going to be fun, exciting, and possibly strange to the music world, it's been a while since we've really done that."

There are two albums of unreleased material recorded during the original recording of "Appetite for Destruction" (1987) and released in 1997, called "Cocked & Loaded" and "The Spaghetti Incident?"; Rose was originally planning to release them in 2017.

The 1987 tapes were used to create an unreleased remix of the "Not in This Lifetime..." album, titled "Not in This Lifetime... Again!"

During the VH1 Classic series "Rock and Roll Road Trip", Rose said the last day of recording for "Appetite for Destruction" was Wednesday, April 15, 1987. He and the band were going through the final stages of completion on the album, taking pictures and dropping cans of fixative on the album to make it appear that it was black.

On May 5, 2015, a picture of the band rehearsing with Slash, Duff McKagan, and McKagan's son Spencer was posted to the official Guns N' Roses Twitter account. It was later revealed that the group was planning a reunion with Richie Sambora as a guitarist.

This reunion tour began in November 2016, with Axl Rose acting as the frontman.

By this time, singer Richard Fortus had been fired, after clashing with Axl. Axl Rose fired Duff McKagan shortly thereafter due to his touring with Velvet Revolver, and Fortus, Slash and Gilby Clarke were put on hold, although Clarke returned in late 2017 to rejoin the group. At the end of May 2018, original drummer Steven Adler confirmed he will be touring with Guns N' Roses in 2019.

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, goldentobacco said:
It's always something.

Here's what he said to DJ Mark Ronson recently: "To be honest with you, I don't really know if we're going to do another Guns N' Roses record. This was a sort of way of giving everyone a chance to decide what they wanted to do, and I guess we'll see."

Rose later said, in the interview, "I'm just saying that we do like music, and if we're not going to make music, we probably shouldn't be in the business. It doesn't mean that we're going to stop, it just means that we're going to take a break from it and maybe do something else."

He went on to say, "We all sort of...I don't know how you'd put it, we've all been in a serious rut. There's no real edge anymore, and so for us to put out something that was going to be fun, exciting, and possibly strange to the music world, it's been a while since we've really done that."

There are two albums of unreleased material recorded during the original recording of "Appetite for Destruction" (1987) and released in 1997, called "Cocked & Loaded" and "The Spaghetti Incident?"; Rose was originally planning to release them in 2017.

The 1987 tapes were used to create an unreleased remix of the "Not in This Lifetime..." album, titled "Not in This Lifetime... Again!"

During the VH1 Classic series "Rock and Roll Road Trip", Rose said the last day of recording for "Appetite for Destruction" was Wednesday, April 15, 1987. He and the band were going through the final stages of completion on the album, taking pictures and dropping cans of fixative on the album to make it appear that it was black.

On May 5, 2015, a picture of the band rehearsing with Slash, Duff McKagan, and McKagan's son Spencer was posted to the official Guns N' Roses Twitter account. It was later revealed that the group was planning a reunion with Richie Sambora as a guitarist.

By this time, singer Richard Fortus had been fired, after clashing with Axl. Axl Rose fired Duff McKagan shortly thereafter due to his touring with Velvet Revolver, and Fortus, Slash and Gilby Clarke were put on hold, although Clarke returned in late 2017 to rejoin the group. At the end of May 2018, original drummer Steven Adler confirmed he will be touring with Guns N' Roses in 2019.

What on earth? I have no idea what this is all about. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, goldentobacco said:
It's always something.

What the hell is this?

1 hour ago, Pele said:

What the hell is this?

On Monday I attended the “MTV Movie Awards” in Los Angeles, California and was stunned by the performance of “Breathe.” I think that it is clear to everyone that the video, the staging, and all of the costumes were for the sole purpose of ridiculing, mocking and ridiculing Axl Rose. The production is so obviously a setup for the purpose of mocking Rose, that when I first saw it, I could not help but laugh hysterically.

Now I have seen Axl Rose in person several times in the past, but the few times I did see him in concert, he was a totally different guy. This guy on the video is a fucking lunatic! I will bet that the makeup, the clothes, and all of the props are purchased, rented, stolen, or something bought from a costume store in Hollywood and used for this “performance” so that it would look like Rose was part of the cast of a major motion picture.

I get a sense that Rose is getting some sort of a thrill out of mocking the world and I am sure that he feels good as he sees the video playing in the background on television and on a cell phone, but, this type of behavior is dangerous and it is dangerous to the entire world, because if all the world comes to be known as “just a bunch of idiots,” then what sort of an effect will it have on the world?

Axl Rose is a very dangerous man and I have no doubt that he is going to be in jail within a few weeks because of what he has done and what he is doing to the world. I have made my last entry into this forum for the time being, but, I am going to be spending some of the coming weeks writing about how Axl Rose and his band and crew are going to destroy the world.

• Haha 2

On 12/27/2021 at 5:37 PM, Kranich said:

How is this thread even alive at this point????

Without this thread the forum is essentially dead. And let’s be honest here, where’s all the fucking supposed music that’s been in the making for decades? I think we’ve been poked enough from the band all of the years to keep calling them out. I have no problem with posters who do so repeatedly. 

• Like 2

I dreamed about winning a contest and meeting Duff after a gig in a very small auditorium last night.  I asked him about new music.  He never directly replied because he was too busy yelling at his handler for making him autograph two round drumsticks to give to me.  I shook my head, took the sticks, and left.  They were black Ahead Lars Ulrich signature sticks.

Frank is out.  Duff is the drummer on the new album. Confirmed.

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, oneway23 said:

"We're, uh, working on thinking about talking about considering making something happen, but, we're still ironing out going about how to think about it.  Axl's got some great stuff he's played me, though!"

"Buy my new record."

There you go.  A year's worth of GN'R interviews.

I personally want an Axl Interview. so he can tell us that we have been lied to

• Like 1
  • Haha 1