The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

50 minutes ago, CubanSkies Dummy said:

I don't know. I don't want "trashy" songs on the brand new album like Absurd, Here Today, Perhaps, Roll On 2 You or even Atlas Shrugged.

But it's hard to know, really.

All things considered, I want a brand new EP.

But you've completely made up 'Here Today' and 'Roll On 2 You', so there not going to be on an album are they?

Also, you loved 'Here Today'!

"Lovely track; maybe even epic song. Think of a mix between "Misunderstood" and "Crazy" by Aerosmith. I don't know. Just freakin' magic. It's a song of love, sure but it hurts... Still hurts. Beach, sunrise/sunset. I don't know how to describe it. I really love it. 10/10."

Why are you saying it's trashy now?  You said it was epic last week and gave it a perfect score.

Edited by Pele
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Pele said:

Not quite:

Interviewer: "Have you recorded a new GNR album?

Slash: "We're, uh, working on thinking about talking about considering making something happen, but, we're still ironing out going about how to think about it.  All things considered, it's just not clear how you, you know, uh, go about doing a physical release all things considered, so we are thinking about options on that possibility."

Interviewer: "Have you recorded a new album with Miles Kennedy?"

Slash: "Who's Miles Kennedy?"

Fixed...

24 minutes ago, KURT19 said:

Because you spelled his name wrong :jerkoff:

And Slash would somehow hear from the question the misspelling and ask 'who is Miles Kennedy'?

How is that possible?

Edited by Pele

34 minutes ago, Pele said:

And Slash would somehow hear from the question the misspelling and ask 'who is Miles Kennedy'?

How is that possible?

Does it even matter? It's possible just to show you you misspelled his name.

Not that it bothers you in any way, with all the bullshit you're spreading 

• Like 3

At this point, I’ve almost stopped caring about new Guns material anyways. Axl clearly doesn’t want to release anything and that’s that. Getting the leaks + the handful of singles last year feels kinda like some closure on CDII for me. Just not worth waiting around for anymore

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

At this point, I’ve almost stopped caring about new Guns material anyways. Axl clearly doesn’t want to release anything and that’s that. Getting the leaks + the handful of singles last year feels kinda like some closure on CDII for me. Just not worth waiting around for anymore

Agreed, the Village leak was closure on Chinese Democracy.  It was nice to hear what they worked on.

The people who think the next release will be closure, as it will contain finished versions of those instrumentals are in for a huge disappointment IMO.

26 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Yeah, I'm the same. Not waiting on anything new from them in general. If/when something comes out it'll be cool but it's clear they have no clear plan when it comes to organising stuff like that and there's really no sense in caring enough to let that bother you at this point. I'm also not at all interested in whatever UYI stuff they're gonna do, will probably check it out on spotify but not something to get excited about for me. 

1 hour ago, tommyrai said:

I thought frank was on hardskool only absurd name checks brain

Yeah, Brain is only credited for Absurd. Slash said they worked around the drums to remake the songs. So Frank had obviously already recorded drums for HS, and hadn't for Absurd, so they just used Brain's.

1 hour ago, Jw224 said:

Yeah, Brain is only credited for Absurd. Slash said they worked around the drums to remake the songs. So Frank had obviously already recorded drums for HS, and hadn't for Absurd, so they just used Brain's.

Exactly.  It's my belief that the agreement as part of the tour guarantee was to deliver 2 'new' songs featuring Axl/Slash/Duff.

The easiest thing to do was to get Slash and Duff to record over the latest versions of Silkworms and HardSkool.

Whoever was on drums on the last version was irrelevant, they just kept those.

2 hours ago, Jw224 said:

Did the credits surface then? Last I heard it was still speculative.....

32 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Did the credits surface then? Last I heard it was still speculative.....

Brain is credited on Absurd, yes. It's clearly Frank on Hard Skool. The drums are totally different.  So unless there was a crappier, more simple take of the old drums, that they for some reason decided to use, we can assume it's Frank.

Edited by Jw224
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Jw224 said:

Brain is credited on Absurd, yes. It's clearly Frank on Hard Skool. The drums are totally different.  So unless there was a crappier, more simple take of the old drums, that they for some reason decided to use, we can assume it's Frank.

Do you have a link to them? I was curious as to whether Buckethead was credited or not.....

9 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Do you have a link to them? I was curious as to whether Buckethead was credited or not.....

I just checked and it seems they've removed his credit haha. It was definitely in the Spotify credits when it was first released. Also I don't think Bucket was credited. Someone else might have a screenshot but I currently don't.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jw224 said:

I just checked and it seems they've removed his credit haha. It was definitely in the Spotify credits when it was first released. Also I don't think Bucket was credited. Someone else might have a screenshot but I currently don't.

Ok, no worries! Thanks for looking. Just curious really. 

Even finding out who plays on the tracks is difficult! We never found out conclusively if it was Adler or Frank on SOYL even. 

5 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Ok, no worries! Thanks for looking. Just curious really. 

Even finding out who plays on the tracks is difficult! We never found out conclusively if it was Adler or Frank on SOYL even. 

They're still in the description under the Absurd video on youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qx3RfdAdCpQ

Written by Guns N’ Roses

Produced by W. Axl Rose N’ Caram Costanzo

Recorded and Mixed by Caram Costanzo

Brain Mantia - Drums

• Like 2