Rolling Stone rip into GNR for announcing the 14th leg of the reunion tour

8 minutes ago, Towelie said:

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/guns-n-roses-reunion-las-vegas-2016-947513/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Quite a few digs in there.

Best bits:

"But if this tour has proven anything, it’s that a band can just tour forever and ever on their hits and people will keep coming."

No, I wont lol. I already know what they will play - the same as ever - and frankly it's become stale and boring af.

Edited by action

This sort of article is inevitable at this stage really. Others will no doubt follow, and probably be way more savage. 

The bit that stands out for me, and reassures me that even people outside of GNR are baffled by the same things I am is:  

They downgraded to arenas in America after the first leg of the tour in 2016, and filling 60,000 seat venues might seem like a tough task at this point, but they must have reason to think that the demand remains this high.

2 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

I think things could start getting pretty ugly pretty soon........

Honestly, I'm glad. If anything, it shows that hardcore fans in the forums aren't the only ones who were hoping GNR would make good on new music.  Everyone's getting tired of the runaround. 

Andy Greene is the man! :lol: And its the job of established publications to dole this out in todays media landscape - all the Trunks, new media, podcasters, etc arent going to speak this truth because it negatively impacts their chances for access to GNR.

Ooh, and I really hope Axl rants about this!! :lol:

• Like 3

Good. They deserve every ounce of criticism a this stage. 

Especially as fans were led to believe something significant was happening regarding new music. The tour being badged as a 'new chapter' /  'whole new show' just takes the piss. 

I bought my ticket for London before this Miami show.... starting to wish i had waited and would have given it a miss. 

Having traveled to Ireland, Portugal, Estonia and Finland over the years in addition to countless UK shows since 2006 including both nights in London at the Olympic stadium.... this Tottenham Stadium show will be my last outing unless they literally come to my city. Axl isn't it up to many of the old songs, set list is the same, the show, although its still acceptable is getting worse not better. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Towelie said:

How so?

Well - Rolling Stone is a very mainstream publication, and if that article reflects the mood of others in the mainstream, then all good-will built up will vanish quickly. 

It sort of shows were the common perception might be heading.....and articles like this aren't going to sell too many tickets to a massive stadium tour. There's also the fact that I would imagine the members of the band are very aware of what Rolling Stone write. Being poked fun at isn't going to go down well....

Edited by allwaystired
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

That's the worst thing, imo. If Axl comes out and says that there are no plans to release music, I'd be fine with that because then I wouldn't be holding my breath for an album. The runaround is the thing that pisses me off the most. 

Labeling this tour "the next chapter" is also insulting as fuck, as it's a weaselly, coy, little way of saying "Who know's what'll happen over the next six months!!" without making a definitive statement.  It's just so GNR. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

That's the worst thing, imo. If Axl comes out and says that there are no plans to release music, I'd be fine with that because then I wouldn't be holding my breath for an album. The runaround is the thing that pisses me off the most. 

Definitely. I hate spoilers and like a surprise or 2 but all this mystic surrounding the band is getting boring. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, bangit said:

Good. They deserve every ounce of criticism a this stage. 

Especially as fans were led to believe something significant was happening regarding new music. The tour being badged as a 'new chapter' /  'whole new show' just takes the piss. 

I bought my ticket for London before this Miami show.... starting to wish i had waited and would have given it a miss. 

Having traveled to Ireland, Portugal, Estonia and Finland over the years in addition to countless UK shows since 2006 including both nights in London at the Olympic stadium.... this Tottenham Stadium show will be my last outing unless they literally come to my city. Axl isn't it up to many of the old songs, set list is the same, the show, although its still acceptable is getting worse not better. 

Imagine hopping on the 'yellow-route' tram to centretainment to see GNR again hey?! Were you there last time...ridiculously hot day!