North America 2021 rescheduled/cancelled/new tour dates discussion thread

On 1/7/2021 at 6:08 PM, Draguns said:

I'm not surprised by the NJ show. It's really up to Governor Murphy as to when MetLife Stadium will be reopen to the public. We've been hit hard with Covid. Governor Murphy announced today that NJ has had 6,000 cases of Covid. The highest number since  the first wave.  My childhood friend and I decided to keep our tickets when refunds were being offered.  Hopefully, the concert will happen at some point. 

I still haven't bought them (especially now). I kind of found them too highly priced at the time and was waiting for them to come down. I do remember tickets not moving even before the pandemic so I have to think this will hurt them even more. Though maybe people will be eager to go to a show. Either way, like you said, it's up to Murphy and I don't see any universe where this happens in 2021. 

On 1/8/2021 at 7:08 AM, Legendador said:

Awesome, thank you.

I'm guessing GN'R and their management are thinking the tour will be a cash cow again once Covid is over. 

It'll be quite the opposite, actually. Massive amounts of people aren't going to be in a hurry to be in stadium crowds. If and when people go to shows, they're REALLY going to have to want to see the show in question. 

The pathetic and sad pre Covid ticket sales already proved this cash grab nostalgia tour had already ran its course. Coming out of Covid, there's going to be even less interest in it. 

Oh and this is your (apparently much needed reminder) that there is no such thing as a real "GN'R insider". 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I'm guessing GN'R and their management are thinking the tour will be a cash cow again once Covid is over. 

It'll be quite the opposite, actually. Massive amounts of people aren't going to be in a hurry to be in stadium crowds. If and when people go to shows, they're REALLY going to have to want to see the show in question. 

The pathetic and sad pre Covid ticket sales already proved this cash grab nostalgia tour had already ran its course. Coming out of Covid, there's going to be even less interest in it. 

Oh and this is your (apparently much needed reminder) that there is no such thing as a real "GN'R insider". 

I still do have the tickets for the postoned dates of Lollapalooza here in Brazil, and GNR is yet to be confirm again in the line-up! That's the only thing that will probably make me get out of the house to see them for the fourth time during this 4 year old tour! You're absolutely right!

But one thing you didn't took into consideration is that this tour is not thought or aimed to hardcore fans like us, it is for the general public that buy Greatest Hits and go get a better during Double Talking Jive, because is too heavy, too loud.

4 years, 300+ shows with THE SAME SETLIST! Unbelievable how the most dangerous band in the world became the most boring one.

People here are very naive if they think teh entire world will be vaccinated up to the end of 2021.

All projections aim to late 2024 at least for the entire world to be vaccinated (There's a Harvard study about that).

When you are vaccinated you become imune of getting the disease, but you're still a vector to those who did not get the vaccine, so social isolation in different capacities will continue until them.

Not even in the US the entire north american population will be vaccinated until 2022, so people are dreaming and high as a kite if they think we are about to see the return of stadium concerts or large gatherings, or even medium or small concerts.

Forget it!

7 minutes ago, Legendador said:

I still do have the tickets for the postoned dates of Lollapalooza here in Brazil, and GNR is yet to be confirm again in the line-up! That's the only thing that will probably make me get out of the house to see them for the fourth time during this 4 year old tour! You're absolutely right!

But one thing you didn't took into consideration is that this tour is not thought or aimed to hardcore fans like us, it is for the general public that buy Greatest Hits and go get a better during Double Talking Jive, because is too heavy, too loud.

4 years, 300+ shows with THE SAME SETLIST! Unbelievable how the most dangerous band in the world became the most boring one.

Yes, the tour is aimed at casual fans and that's why the ticket sales were so awful prior to Covid. All the causal fans who were even remotely interested in seeing the show, saw it already. 

The awful pre Covid ticket sales for this leg prove that the casuals aren't interested anymore. The ticket sales won't get any better coming out of Covid. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Legendador said:

People here are very naive if they think teh entire world will be vaccinated up to the end of 2021.

All projections aim to late 2024 at least for the entire world to be vaccinated (There's a Harvard study about that).

When you are vaccinated you become imune of getting the disease, but you're still a vector to those who did not get the vaccine, so social isolation in different capacities will continue until them.

Not even in the US the entire north american population will be vaccinated until 2022, so people are dreaming and high as a kite if they think we are about to see the return of stadium concerts or large gatherings, or even medium or small concerts.

Forget it!

Can you spread COVID-19 if you have the vaccine?

The vaccine cannot give you COVID-19 infection, and a full course will reduce your chance of becoming seriously ill. We do not yet know whether it will stop you from catching and passing on the virus, but we do expect it to reduce this risk.
31 Dec 2020

• Wow 1

7 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Yes, the tour is aimed at casual fans and that's why the ticket sales were so awful prior to Covid. All the causal fans who were even remotely interested in seeing the show, saw it already. 

The awful pre Covid ticket sales for this leg prove that the casuals aren't interested anymore. The ticket sales won't get any better coming out of Covid. 

But don't you think a new record + a new concert format could stir things up?

11 minutes ago, swishtz said:

Can you spread COVID-19 if you have the vaccine?

The vaccine cannot give you COVID-19 infection, and a full course will reduce your chance of becoming seriously ill. We do not yet know whether it will stop you from catching and passing on the virus, but we do expect it to reduce this risk.
31 Dec 2020

Covid can be in any surface, not only spread man-to-man! You could be imune but carry it around in your cellphone for exemple, if someone that's not imune uses your phone the chance of getting it are the same. You could pass it on a hand shake on a shoulder bump, and that's not how the vaccine works. It doesn't desinfect you on the outside, only on the inside! hahah

4 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Yes but GN'R are never going to do either of those things. 

Great point! So don't you think maybe it's time to let go? LOL

I'm sadly lettling go of the band. Love them, but I became bored.

Edited by Legendador
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Legendador said:

Covid can be in any surface, not only spread man-to-man! You could be imune but carry it around in you cellphone, if someone that's not imune uses your phone the chance of getting it are the same.

Great point! So don't you think maybe it's time to let go? LOL

I'm sadly lettling go of the band. Love them, but I became bored.

Very few transmissions are from surfaces, anyways dont want to derail the thread into a Covid one

21 hours ago, fowlerisgod said:

It's a weird board for sure with the Fat Axl crap...but there a couple of posters that seem legit and were on the ball with the leaks a couple of years ago

Even if they were, it just means they had some sources among/about hoarders, which is very different from having sources  inside/near the band. And they have nothing of the latter, as has become evident multiple times when their supposed "inside information" have been proven to be total bullshit. At most, they may have "information" from "sources" whose "sources of sources" are people who are out of the loop now and don't know shit.

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, swishtz said:

Very few transmissions are from surfaces, anyways dont want to derail the thread into a Covid one

Based on what you're saying that? Why do you think we're using hand sanitizers and alchool gel?

Just for the fun of it?

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

I disagree, if this Covid thing comes to an end I think it will be a huge boom for the concert and sporting events industry as people will want to go out and party after being trapped in their homes for over a year, I just don't think it will be this summer, I think 2022 will be the boom year

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, k12 said:

I disagree, if this Covid thing comes to an end I think it will be a huge boom for the concert and sporting events industry as people will want to go out and party after being trapped in their homes for over a year, I just don't think it will be this summer, I think 2022 will be the boom year

Concerts in general, yes but I believe people will be more discerning with which events they go to. So nostalgia / cash grab tours like GN'R won't see any surge IMO. 

Well, since GNR never got another Dallas or any Texas date, maybe 2022 would be better and GNR can add more US dates to that tour.

My GNR Arlington date was cancelled outright and I guess they couldn't get a new date for that venue. It was going to be in the new Rangers Globe life stadium, but I guess that date wasn't available again.

1 hour ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Well, since GNR never got another Dallas or any Texas date, maybe 2022 would be better and GNR can add more US dates to that tour.

My GNR Arlington date was cancelled outright and I guess they couldn't get a new date for that venue. It was going to be in the new Rangers Globe life stadium, but I guess that date wasn't available again.

With the terrible sales of the existing dates (and they really are very very bad-just have a look) there's no way they will add more.