North America 2021 rescheduled/cancelled/new tour dates discussion thread

I guess due too insurance reasons they have too re book new dates even The Boss said he was willing too tour his new album with his ESB he's leaving it too 2022 like everyone will want too tour nx year im 40 nx year could have a great summer if concerts go 

My Facebook newsfeed has had a bunch of people in the 20-30 year old range like me showing off or bragging about getting the vaccine. I'm in Michigan, USA. Some are nurses or somehow in the medical field, while others are not.

I continue to post photos of my cat.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, BangoSkank said:

Oh yeah - I checked the NJ show one earlier today and it is SHOCKING how many were still available. I remember thinking it was rough last year too.

Yes, please share. I've been wondering what predictions officially are with this.

I'm not surprised by the NJ show. It's really up to Governor Murphy as to when MetLife Stadium will be reopen to the public. We've been hit hard with Covid. Governor Murphy announced today that NJ has had 6,000 cases of Covid. The highest number since  the first wave.  My childhood friend and I decided to keep our tickets when refunds were being offered.  Hopefully, the concert will happen at some point. 

UK shows without a doubt won't be happening here this summer. It's not even clear if children will be back in full time school by then and our chief medical officer is talking about some restrictions still being necessary next winter so rock concerts are a non starter for the moment.

I think Ticketmaster/bands continue to book shows and sell tickets for a couple of reasons a) as PR to remind everyone they still exist and b) keep the revenue turning over so there's still an industry to return to in a few years.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Natty said:

I don t see stadium gigs happening anywhere but Australia before fall/winter.

But I truly hope we will get club shows back by May/June. 

As for GNR I think it will be only Aussie tour and New Zealand but who knows if this pays off shipping the stage etc for such a small amount of gigs ? 🤨

Im thinking the Australian/NZ dates will be the first shows. Then the rescheduled europe or US shows straight after before xmas or the same dates originally scheduled in 2021 but 2022.

Tge vaccine here in oz is to be given to elderley and health workers from next month and ongoing. But those undrr 50, working and in good health will be the last to receive it and may not get it until 2022.

Edited by Sydney Fan

1 hour ago, Sydney Fan said:

Im thinking the Australian/NZ dates will be the first shows. Then the rescheduled europe or US shows straight after before xmas or the same dates originally scheduled in 2021 but 2022.

Tge vaccine here in oz is to be given to elderley and health workers from next month and ongoing. But those undrr 50, working and in good health will be the last to receive it and may not get it until 2022.

I don't see large concerts happening in 2021 still! Remember we won't have the vaccine to everybody this year! The chance of infecting someone will not be diminished up to at least 2022/2023.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Gavin82 said:

The summer is 5 months away who knows only time will tell 

5 months is nothing...that will go by so fast. Yesterday I think it was we had our highest death count from COVID yet. Plus now that the new super contagious variant of it has hit the states, it just does not look good. I am sorry but I would be absolutely shocked if there were stadium concerts in the US this year. 

• Like 1

On 1/7/2021 at 12:06 PM, allwaystired said:

Out of interest I just had a look on Ticketmaster how the LA show is selling......it's absolutely shocking. You'd think the show had only just gone on sale.....and that's WITH the illusion of false demand that Ticketmaster create to try and drive sales. 

I knew they weren't selling well, but it really is quite eye opening when you actually look at it. I just picked this show at random to look at, with it being LA and everything. 

https://www.ticketmaster.com/guns-n-roses-2021-tour-los-angeles-california-08-19-2021/event/0A0058FEB5B10D79

EDIT: 

Ok, curiosity got me, and THIS show is something else altogether! Covid or not, there's no way you could let a stadium show go ahead with that few tickets sold, surely? You'd lose a fortune. 

https://www.ticketmaster.com/guns-n-roses-2021-tour-commerce-city-colorado-08-16-2021/event/1E00583CD3B64DEE

The sales are truly abysmal, and it was going that bad already so they can't even blame Covid.

New music or some serious price drops need to happen. Preferably both! Plus the same people willing to shell out the big bucks in 2016 to see the freshly reunited line-up are hardly going to be willing to do the same again for another endless touring cycle. The Selects aren't doing any favours either.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, James Bond said:

The sales are truly abysmal, and it was going that bad already so they can't even blame Covid.

New music or some serious price drops need to happen. Preferably both! Plus the same people willing to shell out the big bucks in 2016 to see the freshly reunited line-up are hardly going to be willing to do the same again for another endless touring cycle. The Selects aren't doing any favours either.

I think once touring can be done in a safe way, there are going to be alot of competition for ticket sales amongst bands and artists. Considering ACDC have released an album there is one band that people will be wanting to see.

• Like 1

Did anyone seriously think the US shows would happen this year? :lol:

People have already seen the Axl/Slash stadium tour reunion show. Interest was already low before the pandemic, and every band is gonna be competing for the same ticket money once touring is back to normal. Since ticket-buyers will have options, they'll probably look online at some of the most recent performances before dropping a couple hundred on a ticket. Anyone who watches the Selects is likely to pick another option... those videos are honestly the worst promotion they could've done for future shows.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

People have already seen the Axl/Slash stadium tour reunion show. Interest was already low before the pandemic, and every band is gonna be competing for the same ticket money once touring is back to normal. Since ticket-buyers will have options, they'll probably look online at some of the most recent performances before dropping a couple hundred on a ticket. Anyone who watches the Selects is likely to pick another option... those videos are honestly the worst promotion they could've done for future shows.

Showcasing Mexico 2020 probably wasnt the greatest idea.

22 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Couldn’t agree more about the selects. This is where Fernando shows he is an amateur. However, I was hopeful about summer shows.

22 minutes ago, StayofExecution2020 said:

People still believe what those lunatics are saying over there?

It's a weird board for sure with the Fat Axl crap...but there a couple of posters that seem legit and were on the ball with the leaks a couple of years ago

Edited by fowlerisgod
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, fowlerisgod said:

Rumors on another board that Izzy and Adler are back in...

Those rumours are a constant. As pointed out before, both Fortus and Frank have mentioned looking forward to the November dates, so not even worth speculating on in my view.

I'm sure there will be someone who 'has a source', as ever. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, marlingrl03 said:

5 months is nothing...that will go by so fast. Yesterday I think it was we had our highest death count from COVID yet. Plus now that the new super contagious variant of it has hit the states, it just does not look good. I am sorry but I would be absolutely shocked if there were stadium concerts in the US this year. 

Yeah that's what I ment its only 5 months away its nothing whats going too change by then 

• Like 1