Miami 2020 - November Rain - One of the worst versions ever.

13 minutes ago, vloors said:

Dude cant use the sick card for 90 percent of the bad performances from 2018 to 2020.

Every other singer works hard to stay fit and consistant

Yep.

Jagger is almost 80 and can put on a good show, so axl has zero excuses to stay in shape and put on a good performance.

If he has given up, or not feeling inspired, thats their issue for chasing the money. The tour should never have gone past 2017 anf they should have had more of a game plan. If they had worked on a new album in early 18, then tour new album, they would have created more demand and have the setlist to only have the classics and new songs. No covers and no 3 hour shows. Considering axls voice i dont know why they kept doing this.

Edited by Sydney Fan
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Axl hasn't given half a shit about this song in years lol. Can't even blame him for it really, but man that was a lousy performance...

If he hates performing the song and doesn't put effort why not say "let's make it an alternate for a leg" absence makes the heart... and all that. I know this is one of those jey songs for gnr, so they have to play it! But if it means hearongbthe song sang well I'd happily not hear it as regular. 

I reckon they must have Melissa feeding his IEM with vocal multitracks from UYI, the only explanation for why he consistently sings like this😄

Edited by Tom2112

6 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

If he hates performing the song and doesn't put effort why not say "let's make it an alternate for a leg" absence makes the heart... and all that. I know this is one of those jey songs for gnr, so they have to play it! But if it means hearongbthe song sang well I'd happily not hear it as regular. 

I reckon they must have Melissa feeding his IEM with vocal multitracks from UYI, the only explanation for why he consistently sings like this😄

That's what they should have done on the Up Close And Personal tour and stuff like the Apollo Theatre show, but yea they kinda 'have to play it' in a stadium/arena gig. It might be cool if they did something like a down-tuned Skin N' Bones version, start with just Axl and Slash then bring the band in for the outro, but Axl sings it all in a lower voice. It might be less jarring to the audience at first if they re-arranged the song, than if he just sang lower over the normal version.

Tbh if I had to sing the same ten minute soppy love song about a woman I fell out of love with over 20 years ago a million times, I would not do it with enthusiasm either

I think he would have a better chance of pulling it off at the Superbowl though, singing a couple of songs is not as demanding as doing a three hour set, he could go all out for 15 minutes and it might sound ok

Edited by Nice Boy

6 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

Yep.

Jagger is almost 80 and can put on a good show, so axl has zero excuses to stay in shape and put on a good performance.

Exactly! There is simply no excuse for not being among the greatest at what you do! NO EXCUSE! You might argue that people age differently, their voices deteriorate differently as a cause of the life lead and previous use, that not everybody can be expected to have to motivation to be the best all the time - but these are simply silly excuses! Everybody should be the greatest! 

Seriously though, I am not defending not giving enough, but the imbecile argument that X should be so and so great because Y is. 

• Like 3