Current line-up unchanged or AFD reunion with Melissa on vocals?

Melissa led AFD reunion or ever worsening current line-up?  

89 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The AFD five is reuniting! But with a catch - Melissa will be taking over as the lead vocalist. Axl is taking Dizzy's place so that the piano songs can still be trickled into the set. For the first time ever, hear Steven back the Illusions material with Slash and Duff. Relive the serious groove and swing of Izzy and Steven on the Appetite material. Hear Axl play the piano on Estranged live.

Or, as the alternative, the current line-up continues as-is. No new music. Axl continues a steady vocal decline. Richard buys a new shirt and no longer gives us any sideboob.

I know my vote.

But I'll miss the sideboob.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, allwaystired said:

The line-up at the moment isn't the problem - there's no doubt in my mind that the band are full of incredible musicians. The problem is that they look bored. 

Yeah just because a bunch of musicians are great doesn’t mean they have any real chemistry with one another. Chemistry is a “lightning in a bottle” thing. Either it’s there or it isn’t.

Just now, rocknroll41 said:

Yeah just because a bunch of musicians are great doesn’t mean they have any real chemistry with one another. Chemistry is a “lightning in a bottle” thing. Either it’s there or it isn’t.

Definitely - it's the magic in the formula. It's why the guy on youtube who can play the guitar incredibly will never be a star.  

I'm not even really being critical here - I couldn't possibly keep up enthusiasm for playing the same songs night after night, year after year. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

I'm not even really being critical here - I couldn't possibly keep up enthusiasm for playing the same songs night after night, year after year.

But complaining about the same thing day after day doesn't hurt your enthusiasm??

1)  '91 - '93 line up.

Rio, Paris, Saskatoon, Buenos Aires' 93 + 92, Chicago, Tokyo...need we say more?

2) AFD

3) Well...This is just 'beatin a dead horse'. If they want to stick to this, they might as well call it quits. Axl can't sing, nobody gives a fuck about Mel/Frank/Fortus...this line up existed for economical purpouses only, if they want to sell out anything post covid era, it will require Axl waving off some money

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

But complaining about the same thing day after day doesn't hurt your enthusiasm??

Does it hurt yours? You seem pretty good at complaining. 

Interesting how across about 5 threads absolutely packed with people being very vocal about the state of the band you focus in on just me, yet again. 

Anyone would think you have something of an obsession........

Edited by allwaystired
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Does it hurt yours? You seem pretty good at complaining.

Where do you see a complaint? I just asked a question, pointing out how ironic it is, how you accuse the band of lacking enthusiasm playing the same songs over and over again, while you (and with you I mean the people who's main pasttime it is to complain about the band) do just the same, complaining about the same shit over and over again, with full enthusiasm, I might add. And I would bet a lot, that if Slash or Duff would be asked about it, they wouldn't say that they are bored playing these songs (and I don't think that would be a lie to save face).

Edited by PatrickS77

Just now, PatrickS77 said:

Where do you see a complaint? I just asked a question, pointing out how ironic it is, how you accuse the band of lacking enthusiasm playing the same songs over and over again, while you (and with you I mean the people who's main pasttime it is to complain about the band) do just the same, complaining about the same shit over and over again, with full enthusiasm, I might add. And I would bet a lot, that if Slash or Duff would be asked about it, they wouldn't say that they are bored playing these songs (and I don't think that would be a lie to save face).

Complaints about complaints I see! 

You really should stop moaning and buy some more tickets. 

2 hours ago, Towelie said:

I dunno, the way he sounds these days, I'd gladly take somebody who can actually sing without making me want to do a Van Gogh and cut my ears off. 

Go full Judas Priest and just hire a guy with less of an ego who sings exactly like 80s Axl. Get drunk during the opening act and you'll never know the difference!

1 hour ago, allwaystired said:

Complaints about complaints I see! 

You really should stop moaning and buy some more tickets. 

Like I said. Pointing out the ironies and ridiculousness of it all. Got my ticket needs fullfilled for the time being. Thanks.

Like I said. Pointing out the ironies and ridiculousness of it all. Got my ticket needs fullfilled for the time being. Thanks.

Indeed. 

Well, keep on the absolutely non-ironic practice of repeatedly complaining that people complain. That's in no way ridiculous. Thank goodness we have such a super-fan as you here to keep us all in check. Who knows where we'd be otherwise! 

• GNFNR 1

5 hours ago, James Bond said:

The AFD five is reuniting! But with a catch - Melissa will be taking over as the lead vocalist. Axl is taking Dizzy's place so that the piano songs can still be trickled into the set. For the first time ever, hear Steven back the Illusions material with Slash and Duff. Relive the serious groove and swing of Izzy and Steven on the Appetite material. Hear Axl play the piano on Estranged live.

Or, as the alternative, the current line-up continues as-is. No new music. Axl continues a steady vocal decline. Richard buys a new shirt and no longer gives us any sideboob.

I know my vote.

But I'll miss the sideboob.

The deal-breaker would be the following: will Dizzy still be in the band playing bongos, or will he retire and work for Taco Bell? 

20 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Indeed. 

Well, keep on the absolutely non-ironic practice of repeatedly complaining that people complain. That's in no way ridiculous. Thank goodness we have such a super-fan as you here to keep us all in check. Who knows where we'd be otherwise! 

Once again. Where do you see the fucking complaint? I commented on shit people say here. And most of the time it's you, who says the shit. Can't help it.

• Confused 1

Once again. Where do you see the fucking complaint? I commented on shit people say here. And most of the time it's you, who says the shit. Can't help it.

Relax a bit maybe and move on to one of the many other people here who aren't too happy with things? Forget about me - consider me one of your success stories. 

I've been blessed by you, and have seen the error of my ways. I've just dropped several thousand on tickets for multiple shows, as I now know I was wrong to not be interested in seeing the same show again. It was shameful of me to think the band look utterly bored, and to express that view. It's also deeply despicable of me to expect anything new or different. You've educated me, good and proper. You are the super-fan. 

Time to move on to the next grateful recipient of your sage thought policing! 

That help you along? 

• Haha 2